IGNORED

If the teams below us win their games in hand.....

Alessandro

We're in the bottom 3 - big 'if' I know - but even a few wins by those teams will see us drop dangerously close.

Second worse form over 6 games.

Second worse defence in the league. Now in minus GD.

Time for a mini reset by Pearson IMO - let's start doing the simple again, stop shipping soft goals first and foremost and arrest the rot, then bring our confidence back up:

Perhaps go 4-4-2 or 4-3-3: Vyner RB perhaps, even Pring LB. Let's be tough to beat, start drawing a few games even, then look to let the quality we have up top nick games for us. 

Surprised quite how quickly levels and performances have dropped off - new signings not doing enough, too much pressure on the youngsters and a thin squad - so time for damage limitation - or is that an over reaction?

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

We're in the bottom 3 - big 'if' I know - but even a few wins by those teams will see us drop dangerously close.

Time for a mini reset by Pearson IMO - let's start doing the simple again, stop shipping soft goals first and foremost and arrest the rot, then bring our confidence back up:

Perhaps go 4-4-2 or 4-3-3: Vyner RB perhaps, even Pring LB. Let's be tough to beat, start drawing a few games even, then look to let the quality we have up top nick games for us. 

Surprised quite how quickly levels and performances have dropped off - new signings not doing enough, too much pressure on the youngsters and a thin squad - so time for damage limitation - or is that an over reaction?

I’d rather see Tanner given a run at RB if we go to a back four and I think we could solve the Naismith conundrum with his return to the XI at LB.

If Pring starts, and he was pretty poor after a good first five minutes, it has to be on the left wing.

And we need to pick out best strike force which is either Wells and Conway against sides who will be less direct, or Martin and Semenyo against physical sides like Millwall, Birmingham etc. 

I’d also like to see Bajic get a chance in goal as it seems like he can command his box at the very least. 

We miss Matty James too, IMO.

Just now, tin said:

I’d rather see Tanner given a run at RB if we go to a back four and I think we could solve the Naismith conundrum with his return to the XI at LB.

If Pring starts, and he was pretty poor after a good first five minutes, it has to be on the left wing.

And we need to pick out best strike force which is either Wells and Conway against sides who will be less direct, or Martin and Semenyo against physical sides like Millwall, Birmingham etc. 

I’d also like to see Bajic get a chance in goal as it seems like he can command his box at the very least. 

We miss Matty James too, IMO.

James and Naismith big misses. Tanner seems to be a way from the first team in NP's thoughts... 

5 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

If anything, Wells and Conway has to be reunited, or perhaps Wells and Semenyo. It wasn't broke, it didn't need fixing, Pearson seems determined to not start Nahki, when if anything he has been our most effective forward in terms of goals and assists this season. Weimann continues to play shocking and appears undroppable. 

Indeed. Wells and Conway looked excellent together over a number of games so it certainly wasn’t a fluke.

On 15/10/2022 at 17:25, Alessandro said:

We’ve been giving away soft goals for the past 3 years at least. 

• Like 1