IGNORED

Worried ?

F.F.S yes, if every team below us win their games in hand we are one place above relegation, then take into account our undoubted form.....Rubbish.. who wouldnt be. Add in our next 3 games WBA, Reading and Swansea ?

What has happened since the break? we are a shadow of what we were before, maybe the next W, Cup break will reverse our form? as I cant see multi million pound transfers for many of our lot in the next window.

NP has a good and not so good record unfortunately cant see anyone else doing much better atm; so we "should" be too good to go down but they are famous last words....worried.

Edited by gl2

It’s a long season 46 games is a relentless fixture list and many teams go thru periods of poor form and and that’s where City are just now.

We all remember ‘streaky’ LJ with runs of losses followed by runs of victories and it all turned out well enough - until SL almost patience with him.

No need to start fretting just yet.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

When everyone is fit we have a good championship side. Unfortunately our squad after that has no depth. People slated Naismith on here , we miss him massively defensively and offensively. Will be a tough season 

Agree there were many posts re Naismith and was slated in many of them, now hes the missing hero. Seems to me there are many missing heros and a lot of them played today but were missing at the same time; Weimann, Conway, Semenyo etc its not down to one man, there are too many not showing up/cant be arsed.

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s a long season 46 games is a relentless fixture list and many teams go thru periods of poor form and and that’s where City are just now.

We all remember ‘streaky’ LJ with runs of losses followed by runs of victories and it all turned out well enough - until SL almost patience with him.

No need to start fretting just yet.

You couldn’t resist it, could you?

Edited by RedLionLad
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Not halfway through October, no 

Of course, BUT we are hardly prolific atm apart from it seems, from giving points away.

WBA will be shaking in their boots no doubt.....not.

I’m worried I can’t see the value added by Sykes.
I’m worried Conway isn’t strong enough for the physicality in games like today.

I’m worried we are even missing Naismith who was not a consistent strong defender!
I’m worried that Pearson is making wholesale changes today without seeming to understand his best line-up!
I’m worried we are easy to close down now and we don’t have a tactical Plan B?

I’m worried we have 2 right backs who he signed who he now won’t play!

I’m mostly worried that Pearson is not more worried, and his different post match way of saying we gave soft goals away again!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

This is the potential problem. As many as three teams might end up feeling a little hard done by to finish below the dots. 

Agreed.

Doubt we will go down but at the same time, no sides likely to be cast adrift really. Huddersfield maybe the closest candidate?

Coventry have shown some fight in recent weeks and have 3 in hand, WBA are surely in a false position. Rotherham at home definitely are picking up points.

We will be fine though.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 hours ago, gl2 said:

F.F.S yes, if every team below us win their games in hand we are one place above relegation, then take into account our undoubted form.....Rubbish.. who wouldnt be. Add in our next 3 games WBA, Reading and Swansea ?

What has happened since the break? we are a shadow of what we were before, maybe the next W, Cup break will reverse our form? as I cant see multi million pound transfers for many of our lot in the next window.

NP has a good and not so good record unfortunately cant see anyone else doing much better atm; so we "should" be too good to go down but they are famous last words....worried.

Worried you bet I am. Frankly we are nailed on bottom 6. And the trouble is that may easily be bottom 3. 

5 hours ago, gl2 said:

Realistically we weren’t that much better before the break. We were lucky and being close to Top Two lulled us - once again - into a false sense of reality.

We are where we are because we’re poor. Very poor. Amongst a generally mediocre league.

We have too many inconsistently poor players. The return of Naismith will add very little. Neither will Nige deciding Capn Dan has paid his penance.

Mediocrity reigns supreme in BS3. From top to bottom.

Thing is I’m buggered if I know what to do about it or who might contribute to a change in circumstances.

Sad state of affairs really. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Super said:

You have to be worried when performances are this bad.

41 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Worried you bet I am. Frankly we are nailed on bottom 6. And the trouble is that may easily be bottom 3. 

31 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Realistically we weren’t that much better before the break. We were lucky and being close to Top Two lulled us - once again - into a false sense of reality.

We are where we are because we’re poor. Very poor. Amongst a generally mediocre league.

We have too many inconsistently poor players. The return of Naismith will add very little. Neither will Nige deciding Capn Dan has paid his penance.

Mediocrity reigns supreme in BS3. From top to bottom.

Thing is I’m buggered if I know what to do about it or who might contribute to a change in circumstances.

Sad state of affairs really. 

maybe that "gap" between us and them will wake our lot up

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Will we see the best of Wilson this season? Adjustment issues at a higher level, then a medium term injury on top- unsure how much I am expecting from him this season tbh.

My hunch is that the Knee issue has been plaguing him late preseason based upon lack of selection, and fitness issues when subbed on.

Speculation of course, but trying to be optimistic.

• Like 1

Concerned for sure. On many different levels. Not least that I’ll have to sit through many more terrible games like that. A number of pints were required to get over that one. 

I don’t think there was a single player to come out of that with any credit, and it wasn’t just the players who need to look at their performances.  Started off pretty well trying to impose our game on them, but it all went horribly wrong from about minute 10 onwards.  We allowed ourselves to get bullied everywhere on the pitch and off it.  Management team done over by Rowett yet again. 

Concerned that we are still regularly conceding from set pieces, that our strikers have stopped scoring, that  that our wing backs are not  creating chances, that there’s no plan beyond rinse and repeat from the last game, that our squad is so thin, that Pearson has to go nuclear to get any sort of fight out of the team, etc, etc.  

If the answer is that we’re in for a relegation fight, we’re not asking the right question. 

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

When Naismith and James are back I think we can improve.

Well Naismith certainly got blamed for "rampaging forward" "being in the wrong position" "giving goals away" etc so will fit in well.

It dosent change the fact that we have played more games than those below us and looking at the next 3 ,we could well be in a relegation dog fight at the end of them.

There can be in no doubt we are in a poor run of form and NP and the squad need to wake up pretty soon.