IGNORED

Worried ?

23 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I dont think this is a bottom 5 team. I expect us to be nearer the top 5 at xmas. Ive seen plenty of bottom 5 teama here over the years

Closer to the top 5 than bottom 5 at Xmas??? We have 8 league fixtures until Boxing Day and you think from these fixtures, you think we'll be 11th or 12th ? 
I'll have some of what you're drinking please

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Blackburn Rovers have lost the same amount of games as us and are sitting in the top 6....too early to panic imo. 

Correct but they have won 8 to our 5;

Not panicing its just worrying as said, form and up coming games are just that... worrying.

Recent form could be down to bad luck, but seems too many players arent at it at the moment and the NP effect aint happening either, while he continues the same old same old after game interviews.

We have some great players but a poor disjointed team.  Love it to change V WBA wont be betting to much on that happening though.

2 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Closer to the top 5 than bottom 5 at Xmas??? We have 8 league fixtures until Boxing Day and you think from these fixtures, you think we'll be 11th or 12th ? 
I'll have some of what you're drinking please

Could easy be bottom 5 in the next 3 games if we dont wake the hell up soon and get it together, along with cutting out the errors.

The most worrying thing for me is that the current formation isn't working. You could argue that certain players aren't effective enough in their roles but Nige has concentrated all his efforts on this system and we have not improved one bit.

Yesterday was an awful watch but its clear that we have ineffective wing backs, we get overloaded in midfield and we still lack physicality in key areas.

I'm not sure Nige would ever admit defeat and try something different, so i don't even think there is a plan B?

• Like 3

Just now, Oh Louie louie said:

We were there a few weeks ago. But no doubt you were worried then too. Nige knows what hes doing. Hence us being top scorers, sure few bad results lately  bur the good outweighs the bad for me so far., and yes i expect us to be top half in december,

We were top scorers with the striking partnership he has abandoned !!!!
Nige knows what he is doing? Why is this so many people's defence. We have been on and off and awful at times for 2 years,  and when anyone looks for reasons as to why or how we need to improve, the response is Nige knows what he is doing. Whilst the last 2 years suggests that actually Nige hasn't got a clue what he is doing, and if he does, well maybe now would be a good time to implement this knowledge!

• Thanks 1

Quote from after the game from NP " its the same old story I`m afraid" well "Nige" isnt it time to do something about that to change that story? you being the manager and all that your team selection..sort it.:dunno:

Let's be really honest here - the first 18 months of NP's time here was diabolical - with terrible results, no game plan, no style & no improvement - as poor as it was, I think most of us showed enough patience to see what could be done to address our biggest problems, during the last transfer window. 

Signings looked to be shrewd & as though they'd help address our alarming defensive frailties.... 

This season started off looking refreshing - a couple of harsh defeats were followed up by a spell of entertaining, attacking, free flowing, ruthless atacking/counter attacking football - but without much improvement to our well documented defensive weakness. 

Then came to an end, our little run of impressive form - with alot of positives in defeat at high flying, ex-Prem Norwich - followed by a less impressive but gritty effort against ex - Prem Burnley. 

Since then we've been progressively worse - lost all our attacking flair & intent, whilst continuing to ship/gift soft goals. 

This weeks 2 home games, against bang average, mid-table championship teams, have seen us fortunate to pick up 3 points in midweek & look utterly clueless in yesterday's encounter against the dull, uninspiring, methodical challenge from a poor Millwall side. 

We seem to have fallen right back to where we were last season, with slow, laboured, predictable football, with no urgency, pace or guile. 

Yes, it maybe around Naismith being absent - but he was also one of our most costly problem causes prior to injury. 

I wasn't worried, in the slightest (I am for next season!) 

But right now it's looking like our good form was a temporary 5-8 game interruption to our usual terrible form & I for one think that NP does not get the best out of the players we've got and we, sadly, have every chance of being in some serious trouble again this season - because, bar that little spell of encouragement - we haven't improved in what's getting on towards 2 years of NP being in charge. 

I don't see much point in calling for his head right now, but if he left tomorrow I don't think I'd feel any emotion about it whatsoever. 

7 games before the world Cup break & I'd assess it then - because if we can't get back on track by then, we will be firmly entangled in real trouble and at least that would give us a prolonged period for any change to have time to address it. 

• Flames 1

Before the international break we were playing some of the best football we had done for a few seasons. I'd like to think we could get back to that, for me key things that have gone wrong (aside from too many individual gaffes):

1. Conway & Wells have a great understanding playing together, we miss that link up play and should get back to it and leave Semenyo on the bench to come on as an impact player. I think I'm right in saying he has not scored since being reinstated to the starting line-up.

2. Weimann has been bang out of form, drop him.

3. Dasilva is neat and tidy, but not strong enough defensively and not brave enough offensively, Pring is better on both counts, play him.  

4. Sykes was playing RWB really well, bar the Sunderland home game where he could not be arsed to defend at all, but his crossing has become mainly poor and, like DaSilva, not brave enough in trying to get to the bye-line. With Wilson out, my only thought is play Tanner and try Sykes in Weimann's position.

5. Neither Bents or Max are comfortable coming for crosses, so we need our best header of the ball playing mid-center half - that's without doubt Klose. Naismith should start LCB where he played so well for Luton, leaving Atkinson/Kallas/Vyner to contend for the RCB.

Get the above right and we will soon start picking up again.

Edited by old_eastender
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Before the international break we were playing some of the best football we had done for a few seasons. I'd like to think we could get back to that, for me key things that have gone wrong (aside from too many individual gaffes):

1. Conway & Wells have a great understanding playing together, we miss that link up play and should get back to it and leave Semenyo on the bench to come on as an impact player. I think I'm right in saying he has not scored since being reinstated to the starting line-up.

3. Dasilva is neat and tidy, but not strong enough defensively and not brave enough offensively, Pring is better on both counts, play him.  

4. Sykes was playing RWB really well, bar the Sunderland home game where he could not be arsed to defend at all, but his crossing has become mainly poor and, like DaSilva, not brave enough in trying to get to the bye-line. With Wilson out, my only thought is play Tanner and try Sykes in Weimann's position.

5. Neither Bents or Max are comfortable coming for crosses, so we need our best header of the ball playing mid-center half - that's without double Klose. Naismith should start LCB where he played so well for Luton, leaving Atkinson/Kallas/Vyner to contend for the RCB.

You are making good points, but you are expecting Nigel to implement them. For whatever reason, Pearson seems set on screwing over Nahki Wells career. He makes out he wants him here, offers him the chance to get in the starting line up, starts him and watches him flourish and look a top quality Championship striker, but then drops him as soon as possible to bring him back to the 5 minute cameo man. 
You are expecting Pearson to reinstate something, he SHOULD have never changed, this constitutes POOR MANAGEMENT.

Weimann is bang out of form and the world and its wife/husband can see that. Pearson doesn't even sub him, let alone drop him. again POOR MANAGEMENT

Pearson has on many occasions not stood up for Pring, and has in some ways, tried to make out he is not good enough. Dasilva is not really a problem, but you are expecting Nige to admit he was wrong about Pring and play him ??

To play Sykes in Weimann's position, you are expecting him to drop Weimann?

The fifth suggestion is the only one he'll probably implement. A Naismith/Atkinson/Close/Kalas option of any 3 of 4 for a back three is probably Pearson's preferred back line anyway. 

You are asking him to get right, simply things he wont look to do as it means admitting that he has been wrong in making the decisions he has. Pearson has the opinion Bristol City should be thankful to have him, he certainly thinks he is above us, so you are expecting him to acknowledge he is making easy to spot mistakes. That is PART OF THE PROBLEM! He thinks we need him, more than he needs us. Which is why he should have been sacked already. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

We were there a few weeks ago. But no doubt you were worried then too. Nige knows what hes doing. Hence us being top scorers, sure few bad results lately  bur the good outweighs the bad for me so far., and yes i expect us to be top half in december,

On the other hand only Hull have conceded more goals than us this season. Perhaps you could say Nige knows what he's doing in attack and hasn't a clue  in defence?

Our results almost identically mirrors last season's finish on win, draw, lose percentage so you could also say we are on target to avoid relegation again. In fact anyone can say anything and make a fair point depending on whether they want to stick or twist.

59 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

You are making good points, but you are expecting Nigel to implement them. For whatever reason, Pearson seems set on screwing over Nahki Wells career. He makes out he wants him here, offers him the chance to get in the starting line up, starts him and watches him flourish and look a top quality Championship striker, but then drops him as soon as possible to bring him back to the 5 minute cameo man. 
You are expecting Pearson to reinstate something, he SHOULD have never changed, this constitutes POOR MANAGEMENT.

Weimann is bang out of form and the world and its wife/husband can see that. Pearson doesn't even sub him, let alone drop him. again POOR MANAGEMENT

Pearson has on many occasions not stood up for Pring, and has in some ways, tried to make out he is not good enough. Dasilva is not really a problem, but you are expecting Nige to admit he was wrong about Pring and play him ??

The fifth suggestion is the only one he'll probably implement. A Naismith/Atkinson/Close/Kalas option of any 3 of 4 for a back three is probably Pearson's preferred back line anyway. 

You are asking him to get right, simply things he wont look to do as it means admitting that he has been wrong in making the decisions he has. Pearson has the opinion Bristol City should be thankful to have him, he certainly thinks he is above us, so you are expecting him to acknowledge he is making easy to spot mistakes. That is PART OF THE PROBLEM! He thinks we need him, more than he needs us. Which is why he should have been sacked already. 

In truth I'm hoping rather than expecting him to make some of those changes, NP does have a stubborn streak and seems to continue to play some players however bad their form and have downers on some others. I'm still optimistic for now though!

56 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Not watched a lot this season, glad I've missed some horrid performances though as it doesn't seem things are right. 

I'm confident we can turn things around, not confident that NP will keep his job if this weeks performances are repeated next. 

It's not too dissimilar to the lost Holden hammerings and the falling off a cliff post Preston last year. 

I'm wondering from all the things people have said if a change in formation would be worth a go, as its a long standing issue with midfield and we are nkw impotent upfront, meaning we wont win anyway. 

NP did say, its the same old story, seems to me he`s trying various players just about every where; in the perfect world the midfield protects the defence and feeds the forwards, ours to me seems .....missing.

NP has made multiple changes and seems a bit lost to know what to do next to make it NOT the same old story v WBA;

Not expecting a win but would be satisfied with some kind of streetwise team effort not 11 lost/confused souls.

46 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

In truth I'm hoping rather than expecting him to make some of those changes, NP does have a stubborn streak and seems to continue to play some players however bad their form and have downers on some others. I'm still optimistic for now though!

Def has his favs, no-one can really expect us to beat WBA so a free hit really, will be interesting team sheet, hopefully with a few changes.

1 hour ago, 77 punk said:

i am worried we are gifting teams goals every game,our fixtures until the world cup break  look difficult.we will get our usual drubbing at the hawthorns on tuesday,

West Brom have won 1 game in their last 10 (typically, their last game) 

And I'm sire anyone sees anything other than a lame 3-0 drubbing, against one of the few teams that are below us in the table.

That is the optimism we are served with after 20 months of NP's leadership. 

All we can do is hope that it doesn't turn out that way. 

That's not good enough imo. 

• Like 2

IMO we've shown that we have enough ability for our fate to be in our own hands. No need to worry about other teams - if we show up in games, we'll be fine. 

14 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

Worried you bet I am. Frankly we are nailed on bottom 6. And the trouble is that may easily be bottom 3. 

Our fans seem to think we're "nailed on bottom 6" after every loss.

Then we win a game and it's "we look like we'll finish top half".

• Flames 1

I'm not worried as long as everyone gets fit and stays fit but we don't have the squad depth to sustain many injuries, especially to key players.

In that sense, I'm not sure that's really any different to what we all knew pre-season and what we all knew where we were playing well. It's just we're now in the spot where the injuries have happened.

Rationally speaking, I don't really see why anyone should be more or less worried than they were in the summer or even more or less worried than they were in September when we were playing well. Hard to be rational when we're losing though.

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, old_eastender said:

5. Neither Bents or Max are comfortable coming for crosses, so we need our best header of the ball playing mid-center half - that's without doubt Klose. Naismith should start LCB where he played so well for Luton, leaving Atkinson/Kallas/Vyner to contend for the RCB.

Totally agree with all of that.

5 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

Pure conjecture. And complete bullshit in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

I see we're at the stage of "ooh, Rovers have had a couple of wins, they'll be above us soon", that happens at least once a season, every season since 2001.

yep, until one day it happens;

We have made fleeting visits to the top and bottom divs, 2nd/3rd divs are our level, yes probably mainly 2nd div (championship) although not checked.

Bigger clubs than us have fallen from grace, we want to stay here but so do the rest of the clubs in this div.

Anyone can beat anyone in this div and its wide open for the drop, we are not imune.

40 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Worried for Pearson. He's got little or no money to spend and some useless turds in our small squad.

Thing about a turd is that no matter how well and how often you polish it, it's still going to be a turd,

I know someone will try to poo poo this.

What a load of shite.

Sorry, someone had to.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Worried for Pearson. He's got little or no money to spend and some useless turds in our small squad.

Thing about a turd is that no matter how well and how often you polish it, it's still going to be a turd,

I know someone will try to poo poo this.

It's a bit of both. The squad isn't very good but neither is Pearson, I think a better manager would get better put of them.