IGNORED

Worried ?

22 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

We arent a terrible Champ team but there arent any/many this season.

Relegation fight on the cards I think

Current bottom 3 Coventry/Boro/Hudders with one of the favs for the drop Rotherham above us with 2 games in hand; another expected to struggle Reading in top 6. We cannot bury our heads, we have to turn around our recent form and pretty quick.

After WBA/Reading/Swansea we run up against Sheff Utd/Boro/Watford next month will be a tough run up to xmas.

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

And there have been posters on here saying we would be mid table. Personally I will be happy if we stay up. Although if the defence continues to ship goals as it has been doing both this and last season that  might prove a tall order.

Its strange on paper we have a decent defence, thought it would be one of our strongest areas at the start of the season, seems they are not all singing from the same hymn sheet atm.

Unity throughout the squad/team seems to be missing this is down to NP to sort

3 teams that should finish in the bottom 3

Hull

Preston

Huddersfield

They are the worst 3 teams in the league. 

If we can take points of these 3 - I know we lost to Hull we should be Ok.

After the 3 it’s Coventry ( they looked pretty poor against us) and sadly I think it’s us.

Millwall also looked pretty poor yesterday so don’t expect them to be far away from the bottom 6.

Not worried, just a bit disappointed at the moment.

I think we are a better team than we were 20 months ago when NP took over.

The inevitable clearout of summer 23, will finally free the club of the huge burden of fees(via amortisation) and salaries that are majorly holding the club back. The imperative was, and still is; to stay in the championship.

When we went on the our run earlier in the season, i think we showed we had enough about us to be a mid table side at least this season.

Sone injuries, and poor form of a number of players have had a marked impact over the last month, as well as the individual errors reappearing (the curse of the last two seasons). We will come again, and in all honesty yesterday should have been a draw (bar the calamitous 2nd goal).

The championship is a bizarre league. We jumped 7 places after the Presron win. Apart from the Birmingham game, we have only lost by 1 goal in each ofnthe defeats this season, there are fine margins there.

We need to regroup, find some confidence and belief; and go again. There are no "free hits" like WBA, we need to start believing that we can go there and get a result, and i'm sure we can if we play well.

I think there will be clubs relegated on 50 points this year, as no-one is truly rubbish, and there will be no points deductions either. Before yesterday we were played 6,at home, won 4, drawn 1, lost 1 with only 3 goals conceded.

Let's keep the faith a bit. If we drop into the relegation zone, and struggle to get out of it; then i'll get a bit worried. Until then i'm buckling myself in for the difficult ride ahead. ?

22 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Time for city fans to lower their expectation somewhat. 

Nigel must stay and continue with the good job he’s doing. Last thing we need is someone else to come in and start again.

We’re still paying the price for Mark Ashton’s final act of appointing Holden.

Then of course if MA did appoint DH (did he really have the last say?) then ask yourself who appointed MA and then appointed NP? you see where I`m going with this dont you.... leopard and spots come to mind.

Bottom line we are/he is still paying the price for his poor appointments since well, we got into this div really.

Definitely concerned at this juncture. No matter who the manager we seem to have these alternating runs of good and poor results, excellent and wretched performances.

Spoke to Millwall fan in the week who said we’d crucify them because they are abysmal; well they handled City pretty effortlessly yesterday so that doesn’t say much about us.

If I was a betting man I’d say we will be okay this season - just. But considering the impending fire sale of out-of-contract players the future looks a tad bleak. Could lose Conway and Scott in January too which would boost the coffers but dramatically weaken the squad.

So much complacency, incompetence and arrogance at the very top of the club during the past several years is a big reason why we are where we are today.

12 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

Closer to the top 5 than bottom 5 at Xmas??? We have 8 league fixtures until Boxing Day and you think from these fixtures, you think we'll be 11th or 12th ? 
I'll have some of what you're drinking please

One game ago, yep, one game ago, we were 11th!!!  It’s hardly the comment of a raging alcy is it.

12 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

We were top scorers with the striking partnership he has abandoned !!!!
Nige knows what he is doing? Why is this so many people's defence. We have been on and off and awful at times for 2 years,  and when anyone looks for reasons as to why or how we need to improve, the response is Nige knows what he is doing. Whilst the last 2 years suggests that actually Nige hasn't got a clue what he is doing, and if he does, well maybe now would be a good time to implement this knowledge!

Team game, not just down to the striker selection as to why we were scoring goals.  Look for other reasons also.  Football although a simple game is far more complex that formations or saying we continue to win because we stick with Conway and Wells for example.  How did that work out v Birmingham?  It’s easy to just throw rash statements out there like you do, but there’s your proof / some proof that it’s not just a “simple” case of picking those two and everything is sorted.  FWIW I bloody love their partnership, but I think it was also hugely to do with what was happening behind them also.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

FWIW I bloody love their partnership, but I think it was also hugely to do with what was happening behind them also.

You can throw in that Semenyo really makes picking the same front 3 when he comes in and looks unplayable. Nige seems to be trying to fit in Semenyo & Conway at the expense of Wells. 

The one thing I would say, Weimann has looked so far off of his game lately he must be due a rest.  Can't say he's been a passenger, but he hasn't had much of an impact on many game for a while. He always works hard, but when Pearson says "I hope he will play himself into form" it does sound like (A) He realises he is OUT of form and (B) he is undroppable , which is worrying.

With so much responsibility falling on an 18 year old, he is under pressure to perform. But when he is slightly off we really struggle. I would try an extra MF, or maybe move Scott to No.10 and give AW a rest. I wonder if that would make us a little more effective.

• Like 1