IGNORED

9 league games out of 14

And Its Smith

We have conceded two or more goals in 9 out of the 14 games this season.  Completely unacceptable but hey, let’s keep the same formation, keep doing the same thing over and over again.   Do they work on the defence in training?   One thing I expected Pearson to do was organise a defence and make us hard to beat. Needs to show he can do it between now and the end of the season.  9 games out of 14 is awful 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

We have conceded two or more goals in 9 out of the 14 games this season.  Completely unacceptable but hey, let’s keep the same formation, keep doing the same thing over and over again.   Do they work on the defence in training?   One thing I expected Pearson to do was organise a defence and make us hard to beat. Needs to show he can do it between now and the end of the season.  9 games out of 14 is awful 

For once I agree with you . For me the system has to change . We have to get three midfielders in the middle .  We play wingbacks but they don’t influence the game at all , which is the primary job of a wingback . 433 king or James or even Naismith sit in front of the centre halves as the no6 with Scott & one other as the 8’s. Either Conway or wells as the 9 with semenyo & wiemann as the wide forwards, but playing close to the 9. Even if we play two 6’s , we have to get three in there, we’re not creating anything in midfield

15 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

For once I agree with you . For me the system has to change . We have to get three midfielders in the middle .  We play wingbacks but they don’t influence the game at all , which is the primary job of a wingback . 433 king or James or even Naismith sit in front of the centre halves as the no6 with Scott & one other as the 8’s. Either Conway or wells as the 9 with semenyo & wiemann as the wide forwards, but playing close to the 9. Even if we play two 6’s , we have to get three in there, we’re not creating anything in midfield

A reasonable argument IMHO

Have to say I am really unconvinced by the use of wing backs , none of whom I’m too keen on

For me , if you play with a back five your wing backs , and their quality , and product,  is crucial 

I’m  surprised NP sees that in ours (Personally I don’t)

I did expect NP to recruit a ball winning centre half rather than a Naismith, (Who I understand the role and pluses of) - he surprised me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

He's had his chance and failed so it's a 'goodbye' from me.

19 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

A reasonable argument IMHO

Have to say I am really unconvinced by the use of wing backs , none of whom I’m too keen on

For me , if you play with a back five your wing backs , and their quality , and product,  is crucial 

I’m  surprised NP sees that in ours (Personally I don’t)

I did expect NP to recruit a ball winning centre half rather than a Naismith, (Who I understand the role and pluses of) - he surprised me 

Yes. The wingbacks in that system have to produce quality into the box. They don’t 

Fair comment but not the case that we “keep doing the same thing”, we’ve changed the keeper, Klose in for the last 2, Kalas back today.

Think Fleming is the main man in our defensive coaching (which doesn’t mean I’m absolving Pearson) but your general point is correct, as a team & a coaching unit we need to be doing better than this.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Fair comment but not the case that we “keep doing the same thing”, we’ve changed the keeper, Klose in for the last 2, Kalas back today.

Think Fleming is the main man in our defensive coaching (which doesn’t mean I’m absolving Pearson) but your general point is correct, as a team & a coaching unit we need to be doing better than this.

The same mistakes keep happening though.  That first goal today, such poor concentration. Personnel seems irrelevant which just makes it worse really 

The same mistakes keep happening though.  That first goal today, such poor concentration. Personnel seems irrelevant which just makes it worse really 

Last season we won 31% of our games and this season it's 33% so we are definitely getting better- stop being such a drama queen.

For me it’s relatively straightforward.

1. When we have our better players fit and in relative form, we are capable of giving anyone a game…although that’s not to say we will, because players are generally inconsistent.

2. When we have a couple / few out, especially key players, resources become stretched and performances seem to be in the lap of the gods.  We don’t have enough depth to cover.  We might get the odd result, but invariably we are often found lacking.

Its bridging the gap between 1 and 2 when you e git no money.

You might change formation / system and it work for a few games, especially if it coincides with 1, but if it coincides with 2 it helps nobody.

It’s bloody frustrating, I was probably in the minority yesterday who was happy at the eqyaliser that we took the point, stretched the unbeaten run to 2 (whoopee) and slowly rebuild confidence.  Small acorns and all that!

• Like 1