IGNORED

Weimann

Shuffle

Pearson has often said that players have to perform to keep the shirt and that the rules apply to everyone only this week, with the dropping of Bentley.  As a manager,  you need to demonstrate a consistent approach and therefore how is Weimann still starting.  He was superb last season and started like a house on fire but gone 11 without a goal now.  As others have said, he had a two week break since last season, so it’s reasonable to assume he’s burned out.  Take him out the firing line for a couple of games as been awful for a while. My real issue is that Pearson isn’t being consistent in his actions and as a manager that needs to be a given. 

• Like 1

Weimann is out of form at the moment, no doubt, but who on earth do we bring in if you leave him out? The thing with him is that he works hard, makes runs and angles, and we haven’t got anyone remotely like him. I’d keep him in the side, as much due to lack of alternatives as anything else.

I think the opposition would be delighted if we dropped him as well. 

• Like 2

I did query whether we should cash in on what was a phenomenal, but likely unrepeatable, season. I got pelters, which I did expect, but I wish we’d done it. We’d have no more FFP looming over us and even a few million to work with. When a 30 year old has the season of his career, I think you just need to take the money. And there were interested parties.

I love Andi, but think we made the wrong decision for the club. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Weimann is out of form at the moment, no doubt, but who on earth do we bring in if you leave him out? The thing with him is that he works hard, makes runs and angles, and we haven’t got anyone remotely like him. I’d keep him in the side, as much due to lack of alternatives as anything else.

I do wonder how a Semenyo, Conway and Wells trio would do. Conway and Wells have an understanding and Semenyo has pace, power and the ability to make things happen.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I did query whether we should cash in on what was a phenomenal, but likely unrepeatable, season. I got pelters, which I did expect, but I wish we’d done it. We’d have no more FFP looming over us and even a few million to work with. When a 30 year old has the season of his career, I think you just need to take the money. And there were interested parties.

Not saying I think you are wrong but do you know for sure there were interested parties willing to part decent sums and that they were places Weimann wanted to go? I think theoretical offers are often more appealing than the real ones.

I also think - on form - Weimann is crucial to how we play. The question is how to get him firing again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Weimann still has a massive part to play this season but you can see he needs a break. You put Sykes there and finally get rid of him at RWB. That’s another massive problem imo, Sykes is much better when we’re attacking, dreadful defensively. I’d try wells and Conway again with Sykes behind and Tanner back in at RB. We also need a change of formation, ridiculous that we have to start from scratch again 3 months in to the season.

5 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

To cash in we’d need a buyer wouldn’t we? Did we reject any official bids?

44 minutes ago, Jacki said:

This is the problem. NP has had to get rid of players to reduce costs and, this season, has only been able to sign no transfer fee players who were on a low salary. I’m sure he knows what the problems are, but hasn’t got the funds to bring in new players. The squad is very weak, particularly in midfield 

Edited by pongo88
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Malago said:

The fact he only had one week off during the summer is now showing.  Hopefully he’ll get a good rest during the WC and come back fresher in December.

True but obvious he’s struggling for form.

As for the comment about who replaces him with 2 away games coming up we could easily play a third midfielder, so Scott, James (if fit) & Williams or King.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Negan said:

Weimann still has a massive part to play this season but you can see he needs a break. You put Sykes there and finally get rid of him at RWB. That’s another massive problem imo, Sykes is much better when we’re attacking, dreadful defensively. I’d try wells and Conway again with Sykes behind and Tanner back in at RB. We also need a change of formation, ridiculous that we have to start from scratch again 3 months in to the season.

Yeah. It’s easy isn’t it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Not saying I think you are wrong but do you know for sure there were interested parties willing to part decent sums and that they were places Weimann wanted to go? I think theoretical offers are often more appealing than the real ones.

I also think - on form - Weimann is crucial to how we play. The question is how to get him firing again.

No I don’t know of any concrete offers to be fair, I just understand there was ‘interest’ but after that it’s all speculation so I take your point. I would’ve sold, but as you say, if it wasn’t possible then that’s totally understandable.

Pearson trusts him , knowing that he will try and do whatever Pearson asks of him , in whatever position , and Pearson knows that even if he’s not on song he will work hard , and it’s importance particularly without the ball 

Im not sure he can label too many in the same way , and thus he becomes a valuable and important commodity

that’s why he keeps picking him 

16 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Pearson trusts him , knowing that he will try and do whatever Pearson asks of him , in whatever position , and Pearson knows that even if he’s not on song he will work hard , and it’s importance particularly without the ball 

Im not sure he can label too many in the same way , and thus he becomes a valuable and important commodity

that’s why he keeps picking him 

Witch shows what a predicament were in. And so lacking in depth, that no matter how bad he plays in a run of games,10 15 whatever it is Weimann will always start.

Not knocking him by the way he will never stop running his Arse off. Sometimes it's not enough.

3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Witch shows what a predicament were in. And so lacking in depth, that no matter how bad he plays in a run of games,10 15 whatever it is Weimann will always start.

Not knocking him by the way he will never stop running his Arse off. Sometimes it's not enough.

I’m not sure it’s a depth issue SK (Although we do lack depth) but the ‘reliability’ issue

If Weimann isn’t in form he will give you something , whereas the vast majority of our frustratingly , inconsistent squad , offer little or nothing if not hitting their straps 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Pearson has often said that players have to perform to keep the shirt and that the rules apply to everyone only this week, with the dropping of Bentley.  As a manager,  you need to demonstrate a consistent approach and therefore how is Weimann still starting.  He was superb last season and started like a house on fire but gone 11 without a goal now.  As others have said, he had a two week break since last season, so it’s reasonable to assume he’s burned out.  Take him out the firing line for a couple of games as been awful for a while. My real issue is that Pearson isn’t being consistent in his actions and as a manager that needs to be a given. 

I’ve always like Weimann and you cannot fault the man’s commitment on the pitch but i think in many ways he could become a victim of his own success in regards to last season.

Statistically last season was a freak season for Andi - whatever you look at it.

He definitely needs a rest at the moment by the looks of it but people expecting another 20 goal’s from him this season are going to be disappointed IMO.

• Like 2