IGNORED

Harry Kane

formerly known as ivan

Seen a lot on social media about the penalty incident yesterday vs Everton and how you fooled the ref into giving it.

Now I’ve watched it a number of times and I cannot see how anyone could argue against it being a penalty. Pickford has thrown himself into Kane. The impact is clear and Pickford’s head even bounces off Kane’s leg such is the force of impact.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason it’s no so clear cut as what I am seeing?

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Seen a lot on social media about the penalty incident yesterday vs Everton and how you fooled the ref into giving it.

Now I’ve watched it a number of times and I cannot see how anyone could argue against it being a penalty. Pickford has thrown himself into Kane. The impact is clear and Pickford’s head even bounces off Kane’s leg such is the force of impact.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason it’s no so clear cut as what I am seeing?

Bias. Plain and simple.

Anyone saying that isn’t a penalty has a bias against Kane, Spurs or for another Prem club.

Kane isn’t squeaky clean, and he’s certainly a master of inviting contact, but that’s one of the clearest penalties you’ll see.

This is the angle everyone needs to see, clearly taken out by Pickford and potentially also clipped by Coady on the heel first:

I think Pickfords reaction is the biggest indicator. After the contact is made he just lies on the pitch trying to disappear.

After the penalty is scored, he is holding his hands up apologising to team mates, fans, etc.

If Kane had dived, Pickford would have been all over the ref arguing his case.

• Like 1