IGNORED

Goals too big!

Jerseybean

42 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Yep, I thought the same and wondered how they spotted it today, apparently two inches bigger than allowed.

It makes a difference, or so I've been told. That's a bloody good spot though, especially if its been missed by 7 or 8 set of officials & opposition goalkeepers. I vote that all their home points are rescinded.

9 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It makes a difference, or so I've been told. That's a bloody good spot though, especially if its been missed by 7 or 8 set of officials & opposition goalkeepers. I vote that all their home points are rescinded.

9 hours ago, Street red said:

They should be checked each match surely, Don't they come as a standard size honestly if that's been going on all season it would need checking by FA.

I guess the argument would be that there was no advantage gained as it was the same for both sides in each match. Possibly a small fine and a reminder of the rules of the game.

12 hours ago, Taz said:

There was something about different sized goals at different ends of a pitch the other week wasn't there? Surely things like this get checked?

I'm all for small margins and all that crap, but that's ridiculous.

Cardiff game I seem to recall. Its also no good saying its the same for both teams, because you might have an absolute giant of a goalkeeper in which it doesn't really affect them, but if the other team has a fairly small keeper, it will matter. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Akira said:

Cardiff game I seem to recall. Its also no good saying its the same for both teams, because you might have an absolute giant of a goalkeeper in which it doesn't really affect them, but if the other team has a fairly small keeper, it will matter. 

Late in the game , Whilst Cardiff were attacking the ‘bigger goal’ they scored with a shot that went in off the underside of the bar , which all involved agreed that it wouldn’t have gone in if the goal height had been correct  

Fortunately the goal wasn’t decisive (Although unlikely but theoretically could matter regarding GD at end of season)  ,

but what if it was ?

19 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Late in the game , Whilst Cardiff were attacking the ‘bigger goal’ they scored with a shot that went in off the underside of the bar , which all involved agreed that it wouldn’t have gone in if the goal height had been correct  

Fortunately the goal wasn’t decisive (Although unlikely but theoretically could matter regarding GD at end of season)  ,

but what if it was ?

Yeah I did hear about that, which again, just highlights the need for the rules to be implemented, and it to be fair. Hate using the cliché, but it's fine margins in football, and if that had been the difference between winning and losing, being promoted/relegated, would've been absolute uproar!

• Like 1