IGNORED

Next two games..

FNQ

Reading (away) Swansea (home)

Both teams currently above us, both teams conceded pretty much the same amount of goals, both teams scored fewer goals than us. So, 6 points? Why not? Even @Top Robin should give us half a chance..although probably not. 

58 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Reading (away) Swansea (home)

Both teams currently above us, both teams conceded pretty much the same amount of goals, both teams scored fewer goals than us. So, 6 points? Why not? Even @Top Robin should give us half a chance..although probably not. 

We seem to have done well against some of the teams above us, Blackburn, Luton and Preston. This years Championship seems very open. I don't really feel any less confident playing Swansea and Reading than playing Middlesborough and Watford next month who are below us. 

I’ve become used to losing when we’re favourites to win, and not being surprised we win when the odds are stacked against us.

We are the epitome of inconsistent, but I know we can beat anyone on any given day when we’ve got a fit squad. That in itself is progress IMO. 

39 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Predicting results in championship has been difficult for years, it’s near impossible this season.

Just last night not many would have Norwich, Stoke and WBA all losing at home in their accumulators?

Exactly - its extremely competitive. Consider that Blackburn, top of the league, have lost more games (7) than Coventry (5) who are bottom of the league

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Predicting results in championship has been difficult for years, it’s near impossible this season.

Just last night not many would have Norwich, Stoke and WBA all losing at home in their accumulators?

image.thumb.png.29cfa9e725f206fe8ec87fb1ce49ea52.png

current table with points in last 5 games added.  5 teams with 10 points plus, 1 team with 3 points.  Only 2 teams unbeaten, not one team without a win.

• Like 2

Can't recall which pod it was but one of them theorised that COVID impacted the last couple of seasons by limiting the number of talented players leaving the championship. Less transfer expenditure in football meant that teams coming down from the Prem were less susceptible to losing the good players. Good players in the Champ were also more likely to stay.

That meant you had teams in the Championship that genuinely had a decent spread of Prem level talent. That meant they could run away. 

Now in a post-Covid world we've supposedly seen that change.

I'm not sure how much I agree with it as a theory. The Prem didn't spend much on Championship players this summer for example, so I don't think it's the sole reason for the unpredictable nature of the league. But it's one explanation that might help to shed light on the thing.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

You would have got good odds if you had 

• Like 1

The most encouraging thing is that the Reading bubble seems to have burst and their current form is amongst the worst. The fans on their forum are very down already and suggest their 2-0 lead against Swansea was very undeserved. So it's a match that looked unwinnable a few games ago, but now seems much more evenly balanced.

Four points would be a great return. It would give us 25 so half way to `survival` (overkill I know but I always work on getting to fifty and then see what happens after that).

Anyone know if Piroe will be suspended for the Swansea game? He was sent off for a really nasty stamp last Saturday but don`t know how many games he got banned for.

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Four points would be a great return. It would give us 25 so half way to `survival` (overkill I know but I always work on getting to fifty and then see what happens after that).

Anyone know if Piroe will be suspended for the Swansea game? He was sent off for a really nasty stamp last Saturday but don`t know how many games he got banned for.

Didn’t see it LR, but I’m assuming straight red ? And from your description ‘violent conduct’

3 games

Edit

Just looked - He is out , 3 games it is

https://nation.cymru/sport/joel-piroe-banned-for-swanseas-clash-with-reading/

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Didn’t see it LR, but I’m assuming straight red ? And from your description ‘violent conduct’

3 games

It was a straight red and on the vidiprinter it said `foul play` - the reporter at the game said it was a bad one though. Be great if he was out, the bugger`s tormented us ever since he signed for them!

2 hours ago, Malago said:

If form means anything in this topsy turvy league, Reading have lost 3 in a row.  Swansea have won 4 out of the 5 last games.  

And Norwich who were looking good..........have just lost 3 in a row.......it is so,  so unpredictable?  The only ones benefitting are the bookies?

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, tin said:

I’ve become used to losing when we’re favourites to win, and not being surprised we win when the odds are stacked against us.

We are the epitome of inconsistent, but I know we can beat anyone on any given day when we’ve got a fit squad. That in itself is progress IMO. 

Simply put we are consistently inconsistent.