IGNORED

Bristol Cool list top 40

Super

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Alex Scott number 23 

HNM number 14

And some Rovers player number 4!

What a weird list!

The Bristol Cool List 2022 - the 40 coolest Bristol people right now - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Absolute load of tosh.  Surprised they didn't give it to Barton.  HNM higher than Ellis Genge, Bobby Reid and Alex Scott?

What is cool?  I think it's leading youth work in the poorest areas of South Bristol like Ben, number 32.  The likes of him deserve more recognition

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, Super said:

Alex Scott number 23 

HNM number 14

And some Rovers player number 4!

What a weird list!

The Bristol Cool List 2022 - the 40 coolest Bristol people right now - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

So Collins gets to number 4 for being a pissed up full kit manual manipulator sitting on some traffic lights?

What a bizarre set of criteria that is!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Absolute load of tosh.  Surprised they didn't give it to Barton.  HNM higher than Ellis Genge, Bobby Reid and Alex Scott?

What is cool?  I think it's leading youth work in the poorest areas of South Bristol like Ben, number 32.  The likes of him deserve more recognition

Spot on. We did some stuff with Ben up in Knowle a few years through work. Nice bloke and very driven. 

The whole idea of a 'cool' list is ridiculous to be fair. It's very subjective.

I've never heard of any of them apart from the footballers and Stephen Merchant.

None of those people are 'cool' to me, and I'm sure I wouldn't be to those who wrote the list.

Also - most of them I imagine don't live in and maybe even aren't truly from Bristol.

Imagine doing journalism training for years to end up writing such utter drivel. Christ...

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, TBW said:

Embarrassing that someone is actually given the job of putting this shit together. 

Regional newspapers used to offer a very good career; a friend went into them from uni and had a decent career including being editor on a couple before being made redundant aged about fifty and with no prospect of another job in the only sector for which he was qualified.

They are so underfunded and the staff so low paid that they are now churning out as much cheap clickbait as they can without leaving their offices so as to provide their requisite half a dozen stories a day.

Therefore it's anything gleaned from Twitter, Facebook, police and traffic feeds especially, plus the odd story put together when nothing's happening such as restaurant hygiene ratings, trip advsior reveiws, or scrapings from Rightmove.

It's an industry dying on its arse because of the internet making circulation lower and sending the papers into a death spiral of making losses, increasing its cover price to stem them, and then losing more sales.  I have seen one go the full way to being a free advertising type paper you pick up in the supermarket.

It's a great shame as I used to love a decent quality local paper, the Western Morning News used to be as good as any national but is now a shadow of its former self, but I don't see there being anything that will halt the decline.

Johnston Press bought up loads of regional titles thinking it a great idea. Wrong.

In October 2018, with debts of around £200m and a market capitalisation of £3m, the company announced that it had put itself up for sale.[19] On 16 November 2018, the group announced it was filing for administration, intending to then sell the assets to its lenders.[20] Johnson Press in a statement added there was no longer any value in its shares,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnston_Press

• Like 5

5 hours ago, The Bard said:

3 hours ago, TomF said:

What a absolute load of horseshit. Could the post be any further up the G*s backside. 

Absolutely.

The Gas bloke scored some goals against Scunthorpe’s youth team in the fourth division.

This is like sports day when someone gets a prize for trying, but they’re desperate to pretend Rovers that are in some way our equal.

If they were going to have someone from them (& the Bristolian bit here is just horseshit, many of them are not), it had to be Barton but because of his criminal past & current latest court case, they are scared to include him in it.

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Western daily used to cover city . Evening post.was evening then, was a early one star or 2. I forget. But the western daily was the only option for a weekday morning city write up.

Yeah, the Evening Post was evening, the Western Daily was daily, the Green 'un was green, and WellRed was, er, red

4 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

The whole idea of a 'cool' list is ridiculous to be fair. It's very subjective.

I've never heard of any of them apart from the footballers and Stephen Merchant.

None of those people are 'cool' to me, and I'm sure I wouldn't be to those who wrote the list.

Also - most of them I imagine don't live in and maybe even aren't truly from Bristol.

Imagine doing journalism training for years to end up writing such utter drivel. Christ...

I could have written your reply, word for word!

Knew I’d regret falling for the Post’s click bait! ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Western daily used to cover city . Evening post.was evening then, was a early one star or 2. I forget. But the western daily was the only option for a weekday morning city write up.

Just walk past Dixons mid afternoon to know what edition then fella was hawking!

Evening Post 3 Staaaar. 3 Star, Evening Post.