IGNORED

Bristol Cool list top 40

Super

7 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Western daily used to cover city . Evening post.was evening then, was a early one star or 2. I forget. But the western daily was the only option for a weekday morning city write up.

Those were the days. Cutting the fixture list out the day after they came out and folding it up to put in your wallet. The first thing you heard about a new signing or a player leaving was when you saw it on the WDP back page.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

The whole idea of a 'cool' list is ridiculous to be fair. It's very subjective.

I've never heard of any of them apart from the footballers and Stephen Merchant.

None of those people are 'cool' to me, and I'm sure I wouldn't be to those who wrote the list.

Also - most of them I imagine don't live in and maybe even aren't truly from Bristol.

Imagine doing journalism training for years to end up writing such utter drivel. Christ...

I know the "cool" tag is a bit cheesy, and it's not cutting edge journalism, but there are some interesting individual stories on there. Lloyd Kelly's is a notable one. There's also another lad on the list who had a tricky start in life but is doing good things. Both fairly cool, for want of a better word.

• Haha 1