IGNORED

Reading away match thread

Must be Reading fans watching that wondering how on earth we are a top scoring side.

Defensively, ok. Reading created more chances but you would not say any great ones. I imagine we are winning possession, without really looking like we will do anything with it at all. Really really poor in the final third.

One of those if we win 1-0 I suppose people will put down as a perfect away performance, and if we lose 1-0 wonder did we ever turn up and give it a go.

It was indeed a half of football.

Yep, a bit flat, a bit slow, but away from home, 0-0 at h-t, is solid....and gives scope to go on and win it second half.

Just need to speed the passing up.  Were careless opening 15-20, but settled into our patterns after that.  Just not clicking quite in the final third.

Patience still required.

• Like 2

Well, I may be in a minority of one, but I can’t really see the justification for all these rather negative comments. Decent, steady first half away from home against an admittedly out of form opponent. Had the lion’s share of possession, denied Reading any clear scoring opportunities and go in level at HT, with every chance of getting a result. Most people sound dissatisfied, but it’ll do for me at this stage.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What do we practise in training? It’s certainly not pass and move. We are so static at times, and keep passing to feet rather that space so getting no momentum. Wells been best player, purely as he’s dropped and tried to move the ball positively. Zero service up top, zero. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, a bit flat, a bit slow, but away from home, 0-0 at h-t, is solid....and gives scope to go on and win it second half.

Just need to speed the passing up.  Were careless opening 15-20, but settled into our patterns after that.  Just not clicking quite in the final third.

Patience still required.

You beat me to it.

It's just been all throw ins and corners. Very few Reading fans here. Feels flat. Hopefully with us attacking the goal Infront of us will lift things.

All our attacking, and I say that loosely, has been down through Jay. Sykes must wonder why he is on the pitch. We need to vary it a lot more

• Like 1