IGNORED

FIFA 2023 Women's World Cup

phantom

The competition that hasn't stopped causing upsets goes on. Japan were the class act thus far but didn't show up today; for most of the match they were second best to a solid Sweden side that out-worked them. By which time they were two down and only in the last twenty did they emerge with their trademark style, but too little, too late. This year's cup will have a new name on it.

With Spain going through earlier it looks increasingly like an all-European Final - just who will succeed from us and France, or will this World Cup shock once more?

• Admin
1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Little bit of a shame I think that the England QF tomorrow partly clashes with the 12:30 Premier League TV game. I think the Lionesses deserve a bit more respect than that these days.

Impossible for either game to be moved at such short notice 

• Like 1

• Admin
6 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m not suggesting that. I’m suggesting they could have not scheduled a PL game to clash with a World Cup QF game that the Lionesses were likely to be involved with, in the first place.

The only thing we could have finished first or second in the group meaning different kick off times, or not progressed at all 

Intriguing game: Australia took ages to really get going but latterly matched the French for desire and workrate. In the end, two well-set teams were unable to really get on top of the game. I thought Asusie centrehalf Kennedy had a great game and kept them in it. When Kerr came on (their Taliswoman?) the team stepped up a level.

Happily, from an England perspective, the winner will have had a two hour slog, plenty of bruises and the nerve shredder of penalties.

Well you can't say that the women's game isn't exciting. Now we have a semi-final line-up that few would have predicted at the start of the tournament and I suspect the bookies are laughing up their sleeves.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Do we play Aus if we win?

Yes we do. I reckon it would be a familiar sort of encounter.

• Like 1