IGNORED

Towler & Idehen

GrahamC

What a contrasting pair of loan spells they’re having.

Towler starts his 6th league game for Wimbledon today (7 appearances), Idehen hasn’t started a single league game for Carlisle (just on twice as a late sub) & doesn’t even make their subs bench today.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

What a contrasting pair of loan spells they’re having.

Towler starts his 6th league game for Wimbledon today (7 appearances), Idehen hasn’t started a single league game for Carlisle (just on twice as a late sub) & doesn’t even make their subs bench today.

Loans can be like that, sometimes it's about having the numbers and you need an injury to get your chance.  Other times you can be brought in to improve a particular weakness and get started from day one.  It's not always a reflection of the player, that said it must be frustrating for Idehen as he could be sat on the bench here. 

5 hours ago, Harry said:

I think it’s because Towler is a better player than Idehen. But that’s just me. 

I love towler he's got decent potential as a player, and fabulous character. 

He played against Jimmy Kohaine as well of the famous O'Driscoll Irish production line. 

Edited by Lorenzos Only Goal

47 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Where he’s been playing most of his loan spell and seems to be doing well

23 minutes ago, Harry said:

Been at CB until today 

Perhaps there is some confusion with Taylor Moore, who has apparently been playing in midfield for Shrewsbury.

Interestingly, both RT and TM have been receiving very positive comments from their respective managers.

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Perhaps there is some confusion with Taylor Moore, who has apparently been playing in midfield for Shrewsbury.

Interestingly, both RT and TM have been receiving very positive comments from their respective managers.

I am aware Moore has played centre mid for Shrewsbury, just thought Towler played more games in midfield than he did

7 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Apologies, but he did play there for the game he scored in according to transfermarkt?

Yes he played midfield vs Walsall a couple of weeks back too, the game in which he scored. 
As far as I know he’s been CB for all the other games, until yesterday. 

Edited by Harry

42 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

First I’ve heard of that?

I thought I either read it here or heard it on one of the city podcasts. Maybe I picked up some idle speculation and took it as fact. Anyway, if I'm the only one that's got that impression then I'm probably wrong!

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I thought I either read it here or heard it on one of the city podcasts. Maybe I picked up some idle speculation and took it as fact. Anyway, if I'm the only one that's got that impression then I'm probably wrong!

No, there were definitely some rumours.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Towler's gone out to get games and help progress his career.

Hasn't Idehen's gone out as punishment for giving it the big I am? Sounds like he's sulking, and unlikely to be doing himself any favours when it comes to extending his professional career.

I don’t know whether the loan was ‘punishment’, but I know that Pearson was very unhappy with his attitude pre-season, and he was subbed in a pre-season friendly because of lack of effort.  At that point Pearson pretty much wrote him off in terms of the first team squad this season, though I don’t know whether he already had it in his mind to send him on loan.

• Thanks 1