IGNORED

Roberts .................

TomBCFCUK

Why has everyone forgot about him personally i reckon he should be playing at front because we know what he does against defences when he is played at front it shwoed at the end of last season he was the player that got us to cardiff so anyone else agree we should give him a chance ..... ?

i perosnally think he is a good player but dosn't perform too his best. I think he is a lazy player at times but i agree that his goals did get us too Cardiff.

At times he can be very commited but i think his best sesaon was his first.

I don't think Roberts is the anwser to our prayers up front,but I don't mind if he proves me wrong(if he gets the chance).

I hope Murray is not the new Peacock(though 16 goals from him would be good)I would hope that Mr Tinnion would alter his selections-not like Wilson if a player doesn't perform well enough,but again IT'S ONLY 2 GAMES IN.

Don't panic.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

The thing that annoys me about Christian is that he has the sudden turn of pace to play on the defenders shoulders but he craves the ball so much that he never does play as this type of striker....he drifts about and comes deeper to get hold of the ball without really doing much with it when really he should be further up the pitch looking to turn defenders or making runs OFF THE BALL from those deeper positions to get in behind the target-man....but Christian does not do this....he seems to crave wanting to get hold of the ball which doesn't suit his attributes as much....

Like the goal Christian scored against Hartlepool,thats what Christian can do,DW and FB were urging him to make more runs off the ball rather than on the ball,I agree with what DW said-Christian can be a 20+goals-a-season striker if he really wants to be,but I don't think he has it mentally....he always craves having the ball at his feet(even with his back to goal which is so annoying for a player with his attributes,he needs to learn to let the target-man act as the target so that he can work off the target-man)....

I'm going to watch Christian in the reserves on Wed 1st September (hone v Yeovil).

It's his last season with us so seems only right.

Why don't all the Roberts fans get down there for that 1 game. He might get to hear his name chanted at last :P

I'm going to watch Christian in the reserves on Wed 1st September (hone v Yeovil).

It's his last season with us so seems only right.

Why don't all the Roberts fans get down there for that 1 game.  He might get to hear his name chanted at last  :P

His name was certainly being chanted AT Yeovil a few weeks ago after one of the sweetest free-kicks we're likely to see this season.

Obviously not enough to prevent him being banished from the first team despite his season saving run of goals leading up to the Millennium.

Tinman seems to have relegated Roberts to bit part player at best and our overall firepower up front is suffering, as well as the entertainment value.

His name was certainly being chanted AT Yeovil a few weeks ago after one of the sweetest free-kicks we're likely to see this season.

Obviously not enough to prevent him being banished from the first team despite his season saving run of goals leading up to the Millennium.

Tinman seems to have relegated Roberts to bit part player at best and our overall firepower up front is suffering, as well as the entertainment value.

I was there, but, got to be honest, didn't hear his name chanted.

Then again I was completely surrounded by the "get off the pitch taffy" munter brigade. Wish I would of moved to where the real City fans were :dunno:

Robbo, is the new Thorpe, treated s *** by various managers.

On his day a bloody star, but on the bad days..................reckon he's suffered for Wonder-sons woeful tactics and misuse of players.

If Tinman was serious about giving everyone a clean equal oppurtunity, Robbo will get a game, with Lee M, preferably,as I thought the one time we did well cutting teams to pieces was when they did.

Wont even go down the Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadiff non event, Wonder-Son really screwed the whole team up then, bar Miller who was well up for it, and took off for his pains.

Give Robbo a run, as Neo says its his last season with us, and support him, not abuse the poor sod!!!

Archived