IGNORED

Goal or not?

Ska Junkie

Assuming this site got it right they agree with you https://www.soccercoachingpro.com/soccer-kickoff-rules/

Double checking the FA rules, you are correct

• the ball is in play when it is kicked and clearly moves
  • a goal may be scored directly against the opponents from the kick-off; if the ball directly enters the kicker's goal, a corner kick is awarded to the opponents
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Regarding the highlighted bit, I wonder why you can score a goal directly from kick off, but not an own goal, unlikely as it would be.

It’s to allow for players who forget which way they are playing at Kick Off 

?

Trying to think why you would ping a ball at your own goal from KO ? but I guess the eventuality does need a clarification in rules , however unlikely !

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

?

Trying to think why you would ping a ball at your own goal from KO ? but I guess the eventuality does need a clarification in rules , however unlikely !

To keep possession man, its the modern way dontyaknow.

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

?

Back pass to the keeper presumably while he was still putting his drinks bottle in the corner and tying his towel to the net. Thinking about it, you don`t see that any more. I used to like seeing the towel go flying about when a goal went in.

18 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

?

Murphy's law.......Anything that can go wrong, at sometime.........will go wrong ? 

We almost scored direct from a throw saturday (my team, not City) - long throw sailed over everyone and hit the roof of the net. Can't remember what the outcome would be if it went in, presume a goal kick rather than a re-taken throw?

Had a few crackers this season with people not knowing rules, fave was a guy who flagged our striker offside from a goal kick - whole back line stopped while he ran through on goal. Ref rightly overruled - lino didn't realise you can't be offside from a goal kick ?

Had a ref give a freekick (against me incidentally) instead of a penalty but insisting it wasn't in the box, it was on the line - and resultant free kick taken from the line ?

Always amuses me when fans get irate about the ball not being IN the quadrant from a corner. many at West Brom screaming and shouting at the ref.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

We almost scored direct from a throw saturday (my team, not City) - long throw sailed over everyone and hit the roof of the net. Can't remember what the outcome would be if it went in, presume a goal kick rather than a re-taken throw?

Had a few crackers this season with people not knowing rules, fave was a guy who flagged our striker offside from a goal kick - whole back line stopped while he ran through on goal. Ref rightly overruled - lino didn't realise you can't be offside from a goal kick ?

Had a ref give a freekick (against me incidentally) instead of a penalty but insisting it wasn't in the box, it was on the line - and resultant free kick taken from the line ?

Always amuses me when fans get irate about the ball not being IN the quadrant from a corner. many at West Brom screaming and shouting at the ref.

I scored twice from throws-in in my time.  Both at Greville Smyth park (one against Exeter Utd, one for - as a ringer!).  Both got a touch from the keeper, which had he left alone would’ve been disallowed, but with attackers bearing down on him who might also have got a touch, he decided to help them on their way!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

It’s done as a way of trying to disturb the player to move it or disturb the ref to come over and check. 
It’s not done because people genuinely think it’s an offence. 
It’s us fans trying to gain a minor advantage by getting into a players head.  And I positively encourage it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Harry said:

It’s done as a way of trying to disturb the player to move it or disturb the ref to come over and check. 
It’s not done because people genuinely think it’s an offence. 
It’s us fans trying to gain a minor advantage by getting into a players head.  And I positively encourage it. 

I think you’d be surprised

4 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I wouldn't have known the 'goal kick' one tbh. Is that by your own keeper or the opposing side?

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Nope. It’s done for the reasons I said. No one actually genuinely thinks that the whole ball has to be in the quadrant. 

There’s also the chance that trying to play some crap windup on the opposition actually annoys the ref and turns him against us.  I think it’s a pointless exercise, wastes time and does us no favours.  If it was genuinely outside then maybe it’s ok, but as a wind-up, it makes me cringe a bit.