IGNORED

David Squires cartoon in the Guardian

Roger Red Hat

19 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Guardian Pick

Featuring in Squires is the only good thing about my team, Norwich, being in the Premier League. The rest is shite.

Cheers Squires.

??

Further down:

The only 2 things that can survive the apocalypse, cockroaches and Sean Dyche. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, chinapig said:

As a long time follower of his work I recommend him as an antidote to taking football too seriously. Though he often satirises serious issues too.

The comments are often very funny too.

Comments always worth a read! ?

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Further down:

The only 2 things that can survive the apocalypse, cockroaches and Sean Dyche. ?

I love the picture of him in a post apocalyptic landscape…?

Mitrovic has to be convinced that he's still playing in the Championship. Enjoy.

Our cartoonist on Erik ten Hag’s sinking feeling, fun times at Fulham and Manchester City’s unstoppable robot boy

David Squires on … the opening weekend of the Premier League season | Football | The Guardian

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

One of the BTL comments said this:

"Incidentally the Bristol City game was my favourite of last season and coincidentally, I've been saying since Saturday that their fans made more noise than the Liverpool support. (Even after Mitro et al had thoroughly punished their temerity in taking the the lead - twice- with the Mother of all Comebacks.)

Not having a dig at Liverpool, they really were that quiet - and Bristol's support is that good."

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Mitrovic has to be convinced that he's still playing in the Championship. Enjoy.

Our cartoonist on Erik ten Hag’s sinking feeling, fun times at Fulham and Manchester City’s unstoppable robot boy

David Squires on … the opening weekend of the Premier League season | Football | The Guardian

I'm torn on this one. Squires is a genius (see the Scott Parker panel for proof). On the other hand he's a Swindon fan.

Can I forgive him that? Of course, his cartoons are brilliant, though it helps if you have followed him from the start to get some of the references.

Brightens up my Tuesdays.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Brilliant......will be following him from now on

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, red panda said:

One of the BTL comments said this:

"Incidentally the Bristol City game was my favourite of last season and coincidentally, I've been saying since Saturday that their fans made more noise than the Liverpool support. (Even after Mitro et al had thoroughly punished their temerity in taking the the lead - twice- with the Mother of all Comebacks.)

Not having a dig at Liverpool, they really were that quiet - and Bristol's support is that good."

If only the team were as good as our loyal support..........we'd be in the top 3?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

I'm torn on this one. Squires is a genius (see the Scott Parker panel for proof). On the other hand he's a Swindon fan.

Can I forgive him that? Of course, his cartoons are brilliant, though it helps if you have followed him from the start to get some of the references.

Brightens up my Tuesdays.

Certainly Brightoned up mine on Sunday!

• The title was changed to A MUST SEE - David Squires on … Antonio Conte, Thomas Tuchel and Ha Ha Land
  • The title was changed to STILL A MUST READ - David Squires on … the panicked finale of the transfer window

Football's decision to halt all levels of the game over the weekend was ridiculous. Albeit postponed by a day, the Bears v. Bath game showed how respects should be paid - an impeccably observed minute's silence and an emotional rendition of GSTK. By the time we get back to AG for the football on the 1st October, that chance has gone for us. That said, if the footy wasn't off, there was no way they could've played the rugby! 

14 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Football's decision to halt all levels of the game over the weekend was ridiculous.

It was a 'self-protection' measure to ensure that there were no broadcasts of fans behaving in a manner which would be embarrassing to the Football Leagues.

The world has now moved on, so any such behaviour can be tolerated from now on.  

Another belter from the Guardian's David Squires...

David Squires on … Premier League tributes, queues and military hardware | Football | The Guardian

Our cartoonist on the English top flight’s attempts to get the tone right at a time of national mourning

Here's a taster (what we've all been thinking about the goings on at Forest)

image.thumb.png.04c3b61ba71aaaeb4ae50b717a0a1245.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4