IGNORED

Alex Scott…….

BCFC1512

5 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Been very poor last few games imo. Course for concern? Just a blip or in need of a rest do we think? Seems to of lost his swagger 

Come on don't be too unfair. He had flu in the week and also as @TDarwall rightly says, not easy playing against a side who seem to find it more important to keep the ball, than to create goal scoring opportunities for themselves. Scott spent most of his time in defensive mode but did initiate attacks when he was able to nick the ball from boring (but effective) Swansea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Considering he was under the weather I thought he put a shift in. That shows tremendous character. Nige recognised that he needed a break which shows that the coaching staff are switched on. A refreshing change to a previous time when Pack & Brownhill were continually flogged for 90 minutes

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Been very poor last few games imo. Course for concern? Just a blip or in need of a rest do we think? Seems to of lost his swagger 

Think that is a tad harsh. His overall play has been decent and as has been said he is recovering from an illness.

What i will say is his delivery from set pieces has been really poor. We shouldn’t have to be relying on a centre half in Naismith as the only player in the squad to be able to deliver a good set piece. It’s something Scott clearly needs to work on.. For a professional footballer to continually not beat the first man with corner kicks is criminal IMO.

• Flames 1

45 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Was pretty unwell Friday - Friday Eve according to NP

Glad he had the character to get his boots on

Whilst he didn't exhbit his usual blast of speed to break through thr opposition lines, i thought him & Pearson did get through a hell of a lot of work in the midfield. Including nearly an assist for the Wells chance.

When NP came out in his interview, and said he had bern unwell last week as well, it made sense that he probably had to conserve what energy he had for.the defensive side of his game yesterday.

Says a lot that NP trusts a half fit 19 year old over a number of other midfield options in my eyes.

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Was pretty unwell Friday - Friday Eve according to NP

Glad he had the character to get his boots on

Didn't realise that. Fair play to the lad. I agree with others who say he did most of his best work without the ball yesterday but if he's got the will to get out there and do 90 minutes hard graft when he is feeling like shit then I can forgive the odd set piece hitting the first man tbh.

Although there will be some loon on here who will claim it makes no difference and that he played like Pirlo at 5-a-side with his mates on four successive nights once when he had Dengue Fever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You have to remember his age, inconsistency in performance is something we have to accept if we want to see these kids come through, Conway has been quieter too this month but seemed back on it yesterday. 
I think the months break will work in our favour with these lads in particular. I hope there isn't anything planned for the International Under squads during the break?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Whilst he didn't exhbit his usual blast of speed to break through thr opposition lines, i thought him & Pearson did get through a hell of a lot of work in the midfield. Including nearly an assist for the Wells chance.

When NP came out in his interview, and said he had bern unwell last week as well, it made sense that he probably had to conserve what energy he had for.the defensive side of his game yesterday.

Says a lot that NP trusts a half fit 19 year old over a number of other midfield options in my eyes.

Williams being on the bench suggests to me that he wasn’t 100%, either.

After that we have King & Kadji, the former (34 yesterday) is very much a bit part player now, the latter has no experience to speak of.

Think we can all deduce where this is going re HNM.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

After that we have King & Kadji, the former (34 yesterday) is very much a bit part player now, the latter has no experience to speak of.

HNM is done. I would imagine they are trying everything they can to bin him off in January.

• Like 2

Thought he was poor at Reading and not great v Millwall.  The problem he has is that his displays have set the bar so high for himself & raised all our expectations. A decent performance from him gets considered sub standard but in reality he did ok.  His performances previously were 8 or 9s out of 10 but he has had a few 6s recently.  My biggest frustration is his delivery from set places which by and large have been disappointing when we know the quality he possesses .  He’s the one midfielder who can go past an opponent & one of first names on team sheet but I wonder if the summer tournament and lack of a break is impacting him.  November a good time to recharge for him.

Edited by Shuffle
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

HNM is done. I would imagine they are trying everything they can to bin him off in January.

Is he injured or unwell ? Either way tend to agree we won't see him in a City shirt for much longer. Isn't he out of contract at the end of the season ?

Thought he did a good job for the team yesterday in the middle of the park, against a well drilled midfield. Only thing I would say, is that his set pieces could be better. He will have dips though, he’s young & he’s playing in the most difficult position on the park in my opinion, in the most competitive league in the world. COYR 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Thought he did a good job for the team yesterday in the middle of the park, against a well drilled midfield. Only thing I would say, is that his set pieces could be better. He will have dips though, he’s young & he’s playing in the most difficult position on the park in my opinion, in the most competitive league in the world. COYR 

Spot on, more than 50 league games at 19, versatile position wise, can tackle, can draw a foul, has vision, scores goals, not seen anyone (Gow included) better at his age at our club.

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Is he injured or unwell ? Either way tend to agree we won't see him in a City shirt for much longer. Isn't he out of contract at the end of the season ?

He was there yesterday. Tracksuited with the rest of the players not in the squad. Sat behind the substitutes.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I think you`re right here otherwise I`m sure that he would have come on when Nahki and Antoine went off rather than bringing on two strikers. I believe the subs yesterday were based on who had it in them to get out there.

23 hours ago, BigTone said:

21 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

He was there yesterday. Tracksuited with the rest of the players not in the squad. Sat behind the substitutes.

Massengo has played in the last couple U23 matches

On 30/10/2022 at 14:38, GrahamC said:

Do let on ?

• Confused 1