IGNORED

BBC Radio

Bristol Rob

22 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I read yesterday that sports coverage isn't being cut but I don't how it will affect GT and his shows

At certain parts of the day all local radio stations will have the same, centrally produced, programmes so less staff will be needed. Local sports programmes seem to be unaffected, hopefully GT will be ok 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

I read the same thing but it did refer to live sports coverage. 

I was think ing more about his Monday evening show, The Rovers one and if he does a Bears one.

14 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

At certain parts of the day all local radio stations will have the same, centrally produced, programmes so less staff will be needed. Local sports programmes seem to be unaffected, hopefully GT will be ok 

BBC local radio declined massively with the ?2020 cuts stripping away twin presenting teams and stretching slots to four hours from three.

It costs an absolute pittance when compared to programmes like EastEnders and Strictly and yet it's been cut further.

Prior to the 2020 cuts I used to listen to local radio for maybe three hours a day during the week; I now maybe listen for two hours during the whole week as the quality has declined so far. And that's no criticism of the presenters.

Sadly local radio looks to be following local newspapers in dying on its arse in a death spiral of lower audience, lower funding and lower quality to even lower audience.

I miss both terribly ?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I was think ing more about his Monday evening show, The Rovers one and if he does a Bears one.

This report seems to show that 20Man’s shows might be ok 

“All 39 networks in England will keep their current schedule from 6am to 2pm, but after that shows will be shared.

There will be 10 local programmes between 6-10pm on weekdays, across the day on Saturday, as well as on Sunday mornings.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63455192.amp

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

This report seems to show that 20Man’s shows might be ok 

“All 39 networks in England will keep their current schedule from 6am to 2pm, but after that shows will be shared.

There will be 10 local programmes between 6-10pm on weekdays, across the day on Saturday, as well as on Sunday mornings.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63455192.amp

thanks, can't ged rid of Geoff! :protest:

Should’ve won that, a draw at least. 

As much, as you can say promotion sides often snatch victory for the jaws of defeat, we currently - and relegation sides - often have the opposite, with an unerring ability to snatch defeat for the jaws of victory. 

We need to keep confident and positive. There was some really tidy play and given the injury/illness situation a decent shape and patterns of play, just a surprising inability to put the ball in the net. 

In the circumstance the back three, were immense imo and the midfield were decent too. Pity about Tanner, had a good game up to that somewhat reckless challenge. 

Opps! Wrong thread….. maybe the last man standing at Radio Bristol could use it as a match report. 

Edited by RedRock