IGNORED

Cam Pring - pre-match interview

Davefevs

He's a good lad isn't he? Comes across well.

He's done well this last couple of games. By the rules of Nige, he should keep his place even with Atkinson fit.

With Tanner out I guess it's Vyner to RCB, Klose/Atkinson central and Cam to stay on the left?

• Like 4

I have tremendous admiration for Cam.........14 minutes of relentless, mostly unimaginative questions, which he dealt with brilliantly.   He comes across as a really thoughtful intelligent guy, and personally i believe he has been treated quite poorly, considering his attitude and ability.

I would have him play at wing back every time in preference to Dasilva.....and i really do not understand why a player who cannot cross the ball, lacks genuine pace, and has the shooting ability of a inebriated badger is constantly preferred ahead of Cam?   Live Long and Prosper ... Cam Pring!!  ?

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nice interview, thought about his answers.

One moan , give the questioner a bloody Mic FFS.
Apart from that ....

Anyone who actually reads the drivel I type, will know I'm a fan. In theory he the big, strong, quick WB we want. He's done well the last couple of games, all 3 CBs have TBF.  He comes across very level headed, good interview. I liked he mentioned he was "scruffy" with the ball Tuesday, I thought his standards dropped a little, specially later on. His delivery wasn't up to his usual standards, even though the crosses he put in were as good as out better ones on the night. 
He should , as @Gazred said , keep his place if normal rules apply. I do wonder if Atkinson might come back in just for a bit more aerial dominance.  I would be tempted to read Jay and play Pring WB & Atkinson, if he proves he's ok.

Atkinson, Klose and Kalas could be in contention. Big questions for Nige.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

One moan , give the questioner a bloody Mic FFS.
Apart from that ....

Anyone who actually reads the drivel I type, will know I'm a fan. In theory he the big, strong, quick WB we want. He's done well the last couple of games, all 3 CBs have TBF.  He comes across very level headed, good interview. I liked he mentioned he was "scruffy" with the ball Tuesday, I thought his standards dropped a little, specially later on. His delivery wasn't up to his usual standards, even though the crosses he put in were as good as out better ones on the night. 
He should , as @Gazred said , keep his place if normal rules apply. I do wonder if Atkinson might come back in just for a bit more aerial dominance.  I would be tempted to read Jay and play Pring WB & Atkinson, if he proves he's ok.

Atkinson, Klose and Kalas could be in contention. Big questions for Nige.

I understood that Kalas is back in training but not thought likely to be available, Atkinson only returned to training today & Klose is presumably well enough to play, seeing as he was an unused sub on Tuesday.

Think Vyner & Pring are certs plus one other, probably Klose but not necessarily so.

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I understood that Kalas is back in training but not thought likely to be available, Atkinson only returned to training today & Klose is presumably well enough to play, seeing as he was an unused sub on Tuesday.

Think Vyner & Pring are certs plus one other, probably Klose but not necessarily so.

I don't know what Kalas's recent problem was , so back in training I thought maybe outside chance.
Atkinson was Illness and as others have come back quickly I put him as possible, Same with Klose, but as he wasn't used Tuesday I assumed he was there in case of emergency . Tanner being out means one change , the one nearest fitness gets the shirt I guess.

I hope he can get more minutes over the next 3 games, and give Nige food for thought post-WC.

Nige talks about power and pace, and for me, that’s Cam.  He’s 25 in January, so a bit of a late starter at this level, but he can make up for that.  I like Jay but I think some of that is thinking back to what he was like when he first came here on loan and the potential he had.  He is now fit, has been for some time, but I’m not sure he’s attained the levels I thought he would.  So, I’m backtracking! ?

With finances so tight, if Cam can get a good set of games under his belt pre and post-WC, then I think Jay is gonna have to up his game to “earn his new contract”.  You’d imagine there are gonna be cheaper options in the summer?

Reminds me of Howard Moon (Julian Barrett) and it would be a mighty boosht if he continues to play well!

image.thumb.png.800caaa6cb78d9b1d127b96e8e82043a.png

I’ll get me coat / poncho!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I hope he can get more minutes over the next 3 games, and give Nige food for thought post-WC.

Nige talks about power and pace, and for me, that’s Cam.  He’s 25 in January, so a bit of a late starter at this level, but he can make up for that.  I like Jay but I think some of that is thinking back to what he was like when he first came here on loan and the potential he had.  He is now fit, has been for some time, but I’m not sure he’s attained the levels I thought he would.  So, I’m backtracking! ?

With finances so tight, if Cam can get a good set of games under his belt pre and post-WC, then I think Jay is gonna have to up his game to “earn his new contract”.  You’d imagine there are gonna be cheaper options in the summer?

Reminds me of Howard Moon (Julian Barrett) and it would be a mighty boosht if he continues to play well!

image.thumb.png.800caaa6cb78d9b1d127b96e8e82043a.png

I’ll get me coat / poncho!

Cam Pring is the real deal.................but is he really the real deal?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Henry said:

Pearson and Fleming were screaming at him several times for wasting the ball or not driving forward. It was noticeable in the second half, more of the play went down the right.

I expect him to drop out again when one or two return.

Surely with more game time he'll gain more confidence to get forward more?

Considering he hasn't played much this season, I think he's done well over all.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gazred said:

He's a good lad isn't he? Comes across well.

He's done well this last couple of games. By the rules of Nige, he should keep his place even with Atkinson fit.

With Tanner out I guess it's Vyner to RCB, Klose/Atkinson central and Cam to stay on the left?

Would like to see him in place of Dasilva

• Like 2

18 hours ago, maxjak said:

I have tremendous admiration for Cam.........14 minutes of relentless, mostly unimaginative questions, which he dealt with brilliantly.   He comes across as a really thoughtful intelligent guy, and personally i believe he has been treated quite poorly, considering his attitude and ability.

I would have him play at wing back every time in preference to Dasilva.....and i really do not understand why a player who cannot cross the ball, lacks genuine pace, and has the shooting ability of a inebriated badger is constantly preferred ahead of Cam?   Live Long and Prosper ... Cam Pring!!  ?

Treated quite poorly? He admitted in that interview that he lacks fitness and lacks the confidence to get forward, probably because of fitness. 

You can see why he may not be considered for selection if by 70 mins he's blowing out of his arse every game. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Treated quite poorly? He admitted in that interview that he lacks fitness and lacks the confidence to get forward, probably because of fitness. 

You can see why he may not be considered for selection if by 70 mins he's blowing out of his arse every game. 

Also said he was mentally 'worn' from two games in 4 days.
Appreciate professional sport is demanding in all facets, but doesn't shout reliability or the toughness that Pearson has alluded to wanting before.
I like him though - think a confident Cam Pring is a real asset to how we've been looking to play, particularly earlier part of the season. Think he offers more than Jay in almost all areas when on form.

9 minutes ago, Gazred said:

If Atkinson is available, i wouldn't disagree.

Would like see just about anyone instead of Dasilva?  Someone who is adept at crossing a football,  and knows how to use other parts of the foot when shooting.  That might seem unreasonable, but he must be one the highest wage earners still at the club?..............And honestly if he left tomorrow, i don't think he'd be missed' ? 

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He suffers from asthma IIRC , can’t be helpful

• Like 1

4 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Surely with more game time he'll gain more confidence to get forward more?

Considering he hasn't played much this season, I think he's done well over all.

I think so too. I really enjoyed the Vyner, Pring and Tanner combo. We played some good football on Tuesday in at times very challenging conditions, no wonder some crosses went a bit stray. Hopefully we can see them together again at some point without the driving rain and wind. Lets make a better judgement then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RedM said:

I think so too. I really enjoyed the Vyner, Pring and Tanner combo. We played some good football on Tuesday in at times very challenging conditions, no wonder some crosses went a bit stray. Hopefully we can see them together again at some point without the driving rain and wind. Lets make a better judgement then.

Real shame Tanner is suspended, would have been interesting if NP stuck with them as they performed very well

• Like 1