IGNORED

Coming from Trowbridge - where to park

Denbury Red

Some friends of mine are coming to Ashton Gate from the Trowbridge area (and returning there after) and asked if I could find out the best place to park.

He has a seven year old son - so not too far would be good and they don’t mind paying!

I always come from the South so don’t really know the options!

Anyone help?

Cheers,

Haven’t driven in years I’m afraid but have used some of the other transport options. I’d recommend the Brislington Park and Ride if coming from that side of town, and catch the AG2 from there. Saves all the hassle of finding parking, very little walking required but can be a bit of a bun fight after unless you are out of the ground a bit sharpish.

Would suggest the car park just in the industrial estate on south liberty lane, outside the Avon Group Manufacturing building. Been using it for a while and its about a 20 minute walk, just short of a mile. Easy access off the ringroad which connects to the A38, A370 etc.

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Good luck is all I can say , it's an absolute nightmare these days getting from Trowbridge across Bath and through South Bristol to AG at times

Come out of Trowbridge via Farleigh Hungerford, Hinton Charterhouse, Midford, down Pennyquick hill to the Globe roundabout.  Cut up through Keynsham, then via Whitchurch to Hartcliffe Way.  Turn left just before the Three Lions, once you get to the bottom of the hill, start looking for a parking space. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

Some friends of mine are coming to Ashton Gate from the Trowbridge area (and returning there after) and asked if I could find out the best place to park.

He has a seven year old son - so not too far would be good and they don’t mind paying!

Anyone help?

Cheers,

I would look on JustPark. I managed to get a space 5 min walk away for £3.80 but costs now probably gone up as game is only 24 hours away 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I would look on JustPark. I managed to get a space 5 min walk away for £3.80 but costs now probably gone up as game is only 24 hours away 

That's what I always use. After years of going around looking for a space about 15 minute walk away, just decided to give up and use the apps since last season. 

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I use JustPark. Download the app and you can usually find someone offering a driveway 10 mins away for something around £5 - £10. Means you can pick something convenient for your direction of travel as well.

www.justpark.com

Have you found the app to offer far less options that the website? 

I’d also suggest Yourparkingspace. Same principle but sometimes different options 

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Have you found the app to offer far less options that the website? 

I’d also suggest Yourparkingspace. Same principle but sometimes different options 

I've never actually used the website tbh. Just the app.

I use it for away games as well when I drive. That works brilliantly when I don't know the area.

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

If you time it right, there are spaces by the side of Aldi. 

Done it for Rugby before, might have just been lucky though.

Wasn't sure if it was parking for tomorrow or Saturday. If Saturday it will cost you £4,50 to park at the side of Aldi. Tomorrow (and any evening) its free after 5pm

Edited by E.G.Red
  • Like 1

On 07/11/2022 at 18:02, Denbury Red said:

Anyone help?

Cheers,

How was your friends' evening, mate - did they get parked up ok?

6 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

How was your friends' evening, mate - did they get parked up ok?

Thanks everyone - they are coming on Saturday and December 17th!

Thank god they didn’t come last night as perhaps they may have asked for a refund!!

Thank you everyone for your suggestions I’ll pass them on.

Great help.

Cheers,