IGNORED

Semenyo

TomShor10

Not sure how to feel about it tbh. I thought he'd downed tools a little bit for City over the last month leading up to the World Cup, I can hardly blame him as he may never get this chance again but at the same time I think a player should be professional still and giving 100% for their club.

31 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Not sure how to feel about it tbh. I thought he'd downed tools a little bit for City over the last month leading up to the World Cup, I can hardly blame him as he may never get this chance again but at the same time I think a player should be professional still and giving 100% for their club.

I still think fans are too ready to jump to “downed tools” theories, in the same way as they use “lost the dressing room” theory for managers.

Players are inconsistent in the main, plus the dynamic of fitness, means this can exaggerate performance levels both ways.

He’s come back from a broken shin / shin splints, into a team struggling for consistency in itself, whilst starting some, sub in others.  Not conducive to consistent individual performances is it?

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I still think fans are too ready to jump to “downed tools” theories, in the same way as they use “lost the dressing room” theory for managers.

Players are inconsistent in the main, plus the dynamic of fitness, means this can exaggerate performance levels both ways.

He’s come back from a broken shin / shin splints, into a team struggling for consistency in itself, whilst starting some, sub in others.  Not conducive to consistent individual performances is it?

Yep, two medium term injuries in fact in a period of 12 months. Hardly conducive as you say.

Also see DaSilva, missed half a season in 2019-20 and I can't remember when but sure he had a medium term injury at some point last couple of years, probably suffered as a result.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yep, two medium term injuries in fact in a period of 12 months. Hardly conducive as you say.

Also see DaSilva, missed half a season in 2019-20 and I can't remember when but sure he had a medium term injury at some point last couple of years, probably suffered as a result.

Both shin too.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Who knew that there was a version of BBC News in Pidgin English?

image.png.d017431aa1655a82dd4898726145feeb.png
https://www.bbc.com/pidgin

When I first saw that report I wondered if it was a pisstake website, so I investigated and, much like you, came across the fact that this Pidgin English site is 100% genuine!! Unreal. 
It’s actually quite funny until you realise that this was part of an expansion of the bbc worldwide service in 2017 that cost nearly £300 million!! Madness! 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

When I first saw that report I wondered if it was a pisstake website, so I investigated and, much like you, came across the fact that this Pidgin English site is 100% genuine!! Unreal. 
It’s actually quite funny until you realise that this was part of an expansion of the bbc worldwide service in 2017 that cost nearly £300 million!! Madness! 

The BBC produced Pidgin output well before 2017. What happened in 2017, was the Foreign Office stopped paying for World Service so the BBC was forced to take on an extra £300m of costs.

The output didn't expand, in fact several language services were actually cut as a result. 

If you wonder why the Foreign Office paid for British radio to make broadcasts to a worldwide audience, it's for the same reason the US government still do fund Voice of America: soft influence, access to real news.

Incidentally, BBC.Com pages carry adverts outside the UK, so they are cost neutral. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I also don’t get the “downed tools” logic.  The claim is that Semenyo played deliberately worse and therefore risked not being picked for the Ghana so that he would then be well rested in order to play for Ghana?? Makes no sense.  Surely he’d be doing everything thing he could to hit some form in time for the biggest moment in his career 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Massive Congratulations to Antoine for his first International goal!  It will be the 1st of many, of which i am certain!  I will be rooting for the Black Stars, and hoping they can get out of their group...........Good Luck Antoine!!

Well said. It should be a proud moment for us City fans seeing one of our players score an international goal. 

I know he hasn’t been at his best lately but I don’t think for a minute he’s not been trying, you’re as likely to get injured not trying as you are going for it.

Lets hope for any more Ghana and City goals and if not the latter then a big wedge of money because of the former.

• Like 1