IGNORED

Semenyo

TomShor10

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

It's no coincidence that he is squad number 25 I think. He has Mohammed Kudus of Ajax, Kamal Sowah of Club Brugge, the two Ayews and Inaki Williams of Athletic Bilbao to compete with as forward options.

I don't expect him to start or otherwise get a lot of game time.

Sowah was one of the Leicester players who played in Belgium who I wondered whether we might try and get on loan in Summer 21.

11 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Lots of countries have poor human rights for gay citizens, corruption and the death penalty.

What put Qatar so much into the spotlight was that they bought the tournament by open bribery and corruption and - having none of the stadia or hotels necessary to stage it - imported tens of thousands of poor Asians to build that infrastructure in conditions that led to thousands of deaths.

If the World Cup is going to be limited to countries that have European standards of human rights, then it will only ever be played in Europe.  And Australia hopefully.  

The fact that there were literally thousands of deaths means there was probably a few of them dying every single day. The fact that they must have seen this, and chose to continue doing it anyway speaks to a level of cruelty and greed that I can't comprehend. It's very easy for me to say, but if I were a footballer I would hope that I would not even consider participating. For me it's equivalent to the Holocaust, albeit on a smaller scale. Personally I won't be watching a minute of it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Champfan45 said:

The fact that there were literally thousands of deaths means there was probably a few of them dying every single day. The fact that they must have seen this, and chose to continue doing it anyway speaks to a level of cruelty and greed that I can't comprehend. It's very easy for me to say, but if I were a footballer I would hope that I would not even consider participating. For me it's equivalent to the Holocaust, albeit on a smaller scale. Personally I won't be watching a minute of it.

Since 2010,  6500 deaths. 

Head over to the national office of statistics, will blow your mind with the rates in the UK! 

15 hours ago, Champfan45 said:

You've a fair point but oh the irony of those FKWs & branded label addicts faux protesting construction deaths whilst the sweatshop generated clobber they wear is the cause of a far greater number of deaths and injuries across the globe. Will they give second thought when buying their next pair of daps or sportswear? The hell will they.

• Like 2

On 18/11/2022 at 11:13, Red-Robbo said:

Lots of countries have poor human rights for gay citizens, corruption and the death penalty.

What put Qatar so much into the spotlight was that they bought the tournament by open bribery and corruption and - having none of the stadia or hotels necessary to stage it - imported tens of thousands of poor Asians to build that infrastructure in conditions that led to thousands of deaths.

If the World Cup is going to be limited to countries that have European standards of human rights, then it will only ever be played in Europe.  And Australia hopefully.  

And if we were all being totally logical, we would probably have refused to watch the Beijing Olympics or allowed Brazil into the World Cup while Bolsonaro carried on destroying the Amazon rainforest.

It's not really practical to refuse to have anything to do with any country that offends our principles.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

You've a fair point but oh the irony of those FKWs & branded label addicts faux protesting construction deaths whilst the sweatshop generated clobber they wear is the cause of a far greater number of deaths and injuries across the globe. Will they give second thought when buying their next pair of daps or sportswear? The hell will they.

- sent from my iPhone 9

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

On 18/11/2022 at 13:07, spudski said:

I well aware of what you are saying. However... I think you've completely missed my point.

It's not just the LBGT rights...it's the human rights across everyone. 

Female genital mutilation still goes on, huge numbers of rapes. Witch camps and death to woman they think practice witchcraft FFS ?? 

Showing forms of affection in public regardless of sex.

Death sentences... Etc, etc.

To name just a few.

To say ' it's a different culture'...is true. To say it's average and just accept it isn't imo.

We have Ghanaians living in this country. We are told to accept them and their culture.

I'm happy to accept anyone...but I'll be damned if Im going to accept someone who believes in that idealogy, just because it's their culture.

This is where it's so hypocritical.

As a nation we are told to be accepting of everyone's religion, sex, culture and beliefs, and live side by side in the same country happily...yet in the same token, we have cultures living here that don't believe in any of that. 

How is it meant to work?

The Club continually back the rainbow brigade...and want Inclusivity across all peoples.

How does it work, if for example, one of our players who comes from a different culture, like Ghana,  says he won't be part of the Clubs backing of rights...as it goes against his religious beliefs and culture?

Can you see the conflict of interests? 

In one breath saying be accepting of all cultures and beliefs...but in another breath, saying you have to support something that goes against your beliefs and culture.

It's ridiculous when you think about it.

and what is the most hypocritical of all, is that I believe that "white men" gifted all of this to Africa.