IGNORED

“It’s not his fault, it’s what he inherited”

Bs4Red

One of, if not the worst justification for a manager who has done absolutely nothing since being here. 

We are somehow arguably worse at defending set pieces than we have ever been. 

Scarily inconsistent from the sublime to the absolute disgusting rubbish. 

This squad has potential to do ok, it’s frontline is full of goals, there is unbelievable talent (Scott) alongside experience footballers. 

Defenders who let’s not forget NP signed and yet we are languishing dangerous around relegation. 

Weeks and weeks of rubbish followed by a couple of wins to paper over the cracks. I said last season he has to go, shocked to see so many sticking up for this utter dross. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

There were huge problems behind the scenes, this will be the 3rd manager some of these players will go through. 

Yes tonight is unacceptable but that doesn’t take away from the fact that we needed a manager like NP imo at the time we appointed him. If SL is going to sack him then get it done and we move on but i remain convinced the issues at the club were far worse than we realised 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

One of, if not the worst justification for a manager who has done absolutely nothing since being here. 

This squad has potential to do ok, it’s frontline is full of goals, there is unbelievable talent (Scott) alongside experience footballers. 

Defenders who let’s not forget NP signed and yet we are languishing dangerous around relegation. 

Weeks and weeks of rubbish followed by a couple of wins to paper over the cracks. I said last season he has to go, shocked to see so many sticking up for this utter dross. 

I don’t really see many who would have done better with the constraints. Cut the wage bill massively, 5-6 academy players featuring per Championship match. Does another manager do that? Who comes in and does even better under those constraints? 

Pearson needs the full three years to overhaul IMO. We still have players like Kalas on around 25k per week and then current starters like Vyner on probably about 3k?! 

Edited by marcofisher
  • Like 16
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yet another poster who never wanted Pearson and has whined and sniped ever since

Also provided an exclusive story that Pearson was going due to health

Nothing to see here 

Another self righteous *** who doesn’t allow other people to have an opinion I see. 
I’ve provided plenty of stories that have been correct also. 
But of course that’s forgotten just because I don’t share your opinion that NP is the messiah. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bs4Red said:

Another self righteous *** who doesn’t allow other people to have an opinion I see. 
But of course that’s forgotten just because I don’t share your opinion that NP is the messiah. 

Ohhh - we know your opinion 

You had to start a separate thread about it 

To ensure you’re whining wasn’t missed amongst others 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Think it’s probably more to do with the fact you spouted complete and utter horse shit. Just saying.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bs4Red said:

That’s your opinion. Mine is he’s useless and has to go. Just saying 

22 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

well have to say im with you, many managers of other teams have been delt worse hands and its worked out fine. I think the Ashton and Johnston excuse has gone on for far too long.plus there was a spell of games where we played bloody well and scored goals for fun not to long ago.

• Like 1

I think the intelligent question here is predicated around the quote below from Richard Gould:

If we’re one of the most attractive propositions for championship or top league one players coming out of contract, then do we think recruitment is good in that specific sphere

This year, I’d argue Naismith and Wilson suggest it has been (on paper at least).

If people think he could have coached better that’s one question. Recruitment though, on paper to me looks sound considering the above

2EBC5FEC-A5F8-414C-ACF5-70F245C94334.jpeg

Just now, marcofisher said:

Out of curiosity, who would you want to bring in? 

Obviously if you could lure somebody like Dyche, he’s the oracle of working with a shoestring budget and managing to be successful.

Don’t think he’s cost much more than NP is on but at the same time is out of our reach. 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Bs4Red said:

Obviously if you could lure somebody like Dyche, he’s the oracle of working with a shoestring budget and managing to be successful.

Don’t think he’s cost much more than NP is on but at the same time is out of our reach. 

How much is Pearson on?  

Who, who, who?

We are talking about one of the most bleak out of work lists in recent memory and we an incredibly unattractive proposition for most in work who we may have once been able to poach. 

Most alternatives would increase the likelihood of relegation significantly. I don’t think Pearson has an endless piece of string to work with but neither do I believe, unless the entire club is complacent, that he would relegate a side from the Championship. 

Edited by Bouncearoundtheground

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

1) Pearson Stays
2) Get Behind The Team - So We Stay Up This Season
3) Judge The Manager After The Summer  - After The Clear Out
4) Understand Our Situation

In fairness, than was the scenario at the end of the last woeful season. 

Unlike many, I'm not reacting to tonight (losing 1-3 to a team that lost to Chippenham at the weekend) I'm basing my thoughts on the past 20 months. 

Remind me, where we're we when he took over & where are we now....? & where do you think we will be in another year's time...? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

1) Pearson Stays
2) Get Behind The Team - So We Stay Up This Season
3) Judge The Manager After The Summer  - After The Clear Out
4) Understand Our Situation

Or we get relegated.

Im always behind the team every week wanting us to win but travelling to watch some of the football I’ve witnessed this year would suggest survival might not be that simple. 

“Our situation” 

Like many championship clubs that have done the same isn’t great. But we are not the only ones, nobody knows the exact details just that it’s financially bleak along with 6/7 other clubs. 

We are not the worst off by any means 

Just now, Bs4Red said:

Or we get relegated.

Im always behind the team every week wanting us to win but travelling to watch some of the football I’ve witnessed this year would suggest survival might not be that simple. 

“Our situation” 

Like many championship clubs that have done the same isn’t great. But we are not the only ones, nobody knows the exact details just that it’s financially bleak along with 6/7 other clubs. 

We are not the worst off by any means 

* Our Financial Situation - Enough Said. 

4 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Who, who, who?

We are talking about one of the most bleak out of work lists in recent memory and we an incredibly unattractive proposition for most in work who we may have once been able to poach. 

Most alternatives would increase the likelihood of relegation significantly. I don’t think Pearson has an endless piece of string to work with but neither do I believe, unless the entire club is complacent, that he would relegate a side from the Championship. 

Care to explain how, with his record here & current form - it's so improbable that we'd get relegated...? 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Care to explain how, with his record here & current form - it's so improbable that we'd get relegated...? 

Mate honestly no point trying to debate with people. 
I totally agree, I mean we are 20th in the championship. Relegation is literally just as probable as staying up currently 

im going totally left field here but everyone always ask who and why

but i would love to see a garth Ainsworth type 

reasons

realistic chance he would be interested 

works with pocket money at a small club in a fair size league of much bigger clubs

finds decent players for that level from lower leagues

uses the loan market well and gets the best out of players

yes a bit of a mavrick but seems to to always have that air of positivity about him which i think rubs of from staff to fans

shoot me down by all means but if the qpr man went to wolves many think ainsworth was up there as replacement

as everyone on here says give a name and reason so only fair i do

• Like 1