IGNORED

Time for a sale?

BCFCGav

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Can you just explain what you mean re “bin off the high earners”?  And do you mean in January?

Strange as it may seem I'd be reluctant to encourage Wells to leave..think we have seen a very much better player this season (utilising his skills more, got belief in himself back) and we do need to retain some experience. By all accounts Pearson has praised him highly, Conway says he's been hugely supportive..and watching him support the team from the touchline suggests he still really feels and is committed to supporting his team mates.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I think Semenyou world cup performance will decide weather we get offers in the region that we will sell or not.

Hold on to Conway.

Scott will go in the end. But nice to see him finish the season 

I'm not sure how many minutes Semenyo will get in the World Cup, might be difficult for him to really shine. That said, we've seen what he can do from the bench. 

On 10/11/2022 at 08:47, Ivorguy said:

If Rangers really are preparing a bid of £5m foe Semenyo then we should grab it with both hands.

I could see him doing well there. He's not going to be the primary focus for opposing defenders and could probably be quite dangerous off the bench, plus pick up Europa/Champions League experience. More important than the initial fee will be the sell on percentage 

On 10/11/2022 at 13:47, Ivorguy said:

If Rangers really are preparing a bid of £5m foe Semenyo then we should grab it with both hands.

Crazy we are even talking about a price like that but his performances have been woeful. I do think the WC was on his mind. It is not a good excuse but getting there will be big for him personally. Hopefully we see the best of him after. Could be a few games before January for him to raise his value. He’d be the one to sell either way imo. He doesn’t fit the set up that well imo. He’d be a loss but one I think we could best deal with midseason. 

• Like 1

On 09/11/2022 at 12:13, Clutton Caveman said:

For me Antoine typifies us at the moment. In the rare game he is unplayable other than that he can't shoot on target, cannot retain the ball with his back to goal and gives away a free kick just about each time he tries to close down. I think at this stage of his career he desperately needs a mentor to bring out his best and we don't have one. At todays prices if we got an offer of £3 million I would accept immediately

I certainly get the Pathos,Caveman -

I seem to recall suggestion on here at some point that the club had turned down an offer in the summer of circa: 8 million for Antoine's services?!!

Should we need to/have opportunity sell I believe his departure would be the lesser evil of the three youngsters.