IGNORED

Failing by his own admission

robinforlife2

Speaking ahead of Saturday's game at Ashton Gate, Pearson said: "Managers don't go forever on a run of bad results. I'm aware that this is going to be an important game because otherwise, people might start wondering about what my position is.

"I've invested too much time and energy in this job to allow players, who I don't really trust that much at the minute, to play and that's how I will be approaching the game. I will be blunt, you didn't ask the question directly but you're right to ask it and very kind not to ask it in a blunt way but the bottom line is we need a result this week. Simple as that.

"But, we have invested too much in the strategy that we're adopting to ignore the work we have put in. It's been a difficult 18 months in terms of trying to reshape it. Unfortunately, we know we need to make adjustments to the squad but we don't know if we can do it at this time and that's the big problem for us."

When asked if he needs a result in regards to his position as manager, Pearson added: "Maybe, I can't answer that but I don't worry about that anyway.

"But no. It's about finishing this part of the season positively. We've dropped down to 20th which is not great but it's ridiculously tight. We continue to throw points away that we shouldn't which means we find ourselves dropping down the table when our aspirations are a lot higher than that. Managers ultimately carry the can but there's a lot more to it than that."

On the return from the initial international break at the beginning of October 1, Pearson set a target for his side to remain in and around the top six after a really positive start to the season. That obviously hasn't transpired with City three points above the relegation zone.

--------------------

Two clear points, one: we are treated with the players he can trust line, where have we heard that before? 

Two: He set a target for the club in October to be around the top 6. Yet we are in the bottom five. Pearson has admitted there in a nutshell, we are under performing. The fans say we are where we should be given everything going on, but was Pearson deluded then to say we should be around the top 6. If he believed that this team could be around the Top 6, you have to question why we are where we are, when the manager clearly felt this group of players can compete, when the Pro Pearson fans have basically said it's not his fault and the players are no good.

He goes on to say "We need to have a look and feel of a team and not isolate people."

This is a huge contradiction, given he has just said he will play the players he can trust ! Basically saying there will be players pushed out the team. That is exactly how you isolate people !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 3

9 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Speaking ahead of Saturday's game at Ashton Gate, Pearson said: "Managers don't go forever on a run of bad results. I'm aware that this is going to be an important game because otherwise, people might start wondering about what my position is.

"I've invested too much time and energy in this job to allow players, who I don't really trust that much at the minute, to play and that's how I will be approaching the game. I will be blunt, you didn't ask the question directly but you're right to ask it and very kind not to ask it in a blunt way but the bottom line is we need a result this week. Simple as that.

"But, we have invested too much in the strategy that we're adopting to ignore the work we have put in. It's been a difficult 18 months in terms of trying to reshape it. Unfortunately, we know we need to make adjustments to the squad but we don't know if we can do it at this time and that's the big problem for us."

When asked if he needs a result in regards to his position as manager, Pearson added: "Maybe, I can't answer that but I don't worry about that anyway.

"But no. It's about finishing this part of the season positively. We've dropped down to 20th which is not great but it's ridiculously tight. We continue to throw points away that we shouldn't which means we find ourselves dropping down the table when our aspirations are a lot higher than that. Managers ultimately carry the can but there's a lot more to it than that."

On the return from the initial international break at the beginning of October 1, Pearson set a target for his side to remain in and around the top six after a really positive start to the season. That obviously hasn't transpired with City three points above the relegation zone.

--------------------

Two clear points, one: we are treated with the players he can trust line, where have we heard that before? 

Two: He set a target for the club in October to be around the top 6. Yet we are in the bottom five. Pearson has admitted there in a nutshell, we are under performing. The fans say we are where we should be given everything going on, but was Pearson deluded then to say we should be around the top 6. If he believed that this team could be around the Top 6, you have to question why we are where we are, when the manager clearly felt this group of players can compete, when the Pro Pearson fans have basically said it's not his fault and the players are no good.

He goes on to say "We need to have a look and feel of a team and not isolate people."

This is a huge contradiction, given he has just said he will play the players he can trust ! Basically saying there will be players pushed out the team. That is exactly how you isolate people !!!!!

Or the players develop spines and push back. Ram Nige’s words down his throat. The manager is looking for a reaction. Let’s hope he gets one. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

The rest of the interview (29 mins in total) talks about many other things, inc:

• how reliant we are on a small number of key players, he calls them critical, and they’ve not been available  since the last break
  • how we’ve not got any money, ie would need to sell first, couldn’t afford the CB he wanted
  • Tins role and how recruitment has been scattergun for too long
  • etc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Did he say we “should be around the top 6”? Or was that a target he set for the players? Bit of a difference if so.

I don’t think for one second, he sees us as a top 6 team and think he simply challenged the squad to try and remain in those places by continuing to play well. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

The rest of the interview (29 mins in total) talks about many other things, inc:

• how reliant we are on a small number of key players, he calls them critical, and they’ve not been available  since the last break
  • how we’ve not got any money, ie would need to sell first, couldn’t afford the CB he wanted
  • etc

Yeah but that wouldn't be mentioned by the OP. Doesn't fit his narrative.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

• etc

Oi, we'll have none of that nonsense in here....

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, SBB said:

Did he say we “should be around the top 6”? Or was that a target he set for the players? Bit of a difference if so.

I don’t think for one second, he sees us as a top 6 team and think he simply challenged the squad to try and remain in those places by continuing to play well. 

He said that was the target, and he said it at a time when Naismith and Atkinson were fit, Semenyo didn’t have an eye on the World Cup, and the players were in form.

A lot has changed since he set that target. It’s disingenuous for the OP to draw a conclusion that suits his agenda. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, robinforlife2 said:

--------------------

Thanks for posting and demonstrating, once again, that you don't get it. Or don't want to. 

By all means have the hump with how things are going - join the queue - but try not to talk such bollocks, eh. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I still feel NP is the right man, but he has been dealt a very bad hand

I don’t think he appreciated that the club’s ethos was a major negative factor in addition to a poor squad and even poorer in terms of squad depth 

I have said before he might well walk.  He is, I judge, a man of principle.

Was he to go heaven help us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

It’s healthy , that the little group that never wanted Pearson , and have moaned and sniped ever since , whilst claiming they are ‘open minded, and ‘want him to do well’ can finally come out the closet full throttle

Some flipped on the Danny Simpson signing.  That was it for them.  I have no problem with that, but I do think is shrouds their opinion on everything else about him.  Human nature maybe.  But you are right, there is hiding behind “I want Nige to succeed, but I’ve taken the safety off the gun ready for a defeat” though.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

--------------------

Is it never even a little bit his fault or is he perfect. Worst man management style I have seen in ages. All of this sort of talk should stay in the dressing room.