IGNORED

Nathan Baker Tribute Tomorrow

Davefevs

also these boys

The John Ward team of 1997/98 and Nathan Baker will be honoured at half-time during the game against Watford.

ℹ️ JOHN WARD TEAM REUNION

In the 1997/98 season Bristol City achieved promotion to the second tier of the football league.

And on Saturday, which sees the Robins against the team that they shared promotion with during that season, there will be a pitch parade and presentation at the start of half-time. 

We welcome back: Keith Welch, Mark Shail, Gary Owers, Rob Edwards, Tommy Doherty, Brian Tinnion, Steve Torpey, Shaun Goater, Scott Murray, Shaun Taylor and their manager John Ward. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

17 minutes ago, Super said:

also these boys

The John Ward team of 1997/98 and Nathan Baker will be honoured at half-time during the game against Watford.

ℹ️ JOHN WARD TEAM REUNION

In the 1997/98 season Bristol City achieved promotion to the second tier of the football league.

And on Saturday, which sees the Robins against the team that they shared promotion with during that season, there will be a pitch parade and presentation at the start of half-time. 

We welcome back: Keith Welch, Mark Shail, Gary Owers, Rob Edwards, Tommy Doherty, Brian Tinnion, Steve Torpey, Shaun Goater, Scott Murray, Shaun Taylor and their manager John Ward. 

WOW what a team that was, Mark Shail and Shaun Taylor twoi of my favourites.

1 hour ago, The Humble Realist said:

This will be very awkward if we have poor first half. 

I.also dont understand why the team and manager are involved during half time. 

Appreciate its remembrance weekend but do this during another game then instead...not shoehorn it into half time with the first 11 and manager. 

Good point........if we are 2-0 down at half time, the atmosphere will not be wholly conducive to performing a tribute to one of our most respected and sorely missed players?   It is a peculiar, and possibly ill judged idea..........I sincerely hope it does not backfire and become an embarrassing interlude? , as Nathan deserves to be given a massive ovation, and tremendous thanks for his wholehearted performances.            I believe it has been a really underappreciated just how important Nathan was to our defence, and how much better our goals against tally would be if he was there, and giving his all action displays for the club?

Good Luck Nathan, I hope tomorrow goes well for you?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Do not get the half time bit. If we have bad first half crowd could be toxic. And generally half time crowd doing beer, fags, toilet, and food. So not engaged to what going on . Nathan deserves better than that. We miss him, top defender.

It’s because it’s remembrance weekend, so can’t really be done pre-game

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

That makes sense Dolly. But still doesn't explain why we couldn't have done the tribute to NB another game? 

Agree, it should be done before ko at another game not at a time when half the crowd will be outside or in the concourse, bad planning I think.

• Like 2