IGNORED

Nathan Baker Tribute Tomorrow

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

Was not at the game but saw the clip of the tribute to Nathan. Very moving and very sad. All the best for the future Nathan  to you and your lovely family. You and your tackles will never be forgotten.

Just the words I was going to write. I was very moved by the whole thing, and the respect shown to Bakes, someone who gave his all and sadly had to leave a job he obviously loved at just 30.  It's always nice to see players with their other halves and kids as well. Makes you realise they have lives like us and aren't just numbers in a squad list.

Like everyone I wish him well, and I could tell by the pictures he was very moved as well and will doubtless hold the fanbase here fondly in his memory.  

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I’m gonna stick my neck out and say it now, Baker will be back in some capacity for our football club. 

If not with us I agree he has too much to offer not to continue a career in football in some capacity.

I’m gonna stick my neck out and say it now, Baker will be back in some capacity for our football club. 

If not with us I agree he has too much to offer not to continue a career in football in some capacity.

17 minutes ago, One Team said:

Are you sure?  Ha!

• Haha 2

It was a lovely touch & deserved tribute - but, did anyone else think it was really badly timed - from a football perspective - to have the distraction of it being moments before the second half started - after whatever halftime team talk had been delivered...?

Distracting, surely. 

I don't think I've ever seem silimar, done at that same point during match proceedings.