IGNORED

Hamza Choudhury

OliOTIB

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Many City fans yesterday who were very unhappy at yet another time wasting non injury, should not be vilified.

The blame lies entirely with the players who are collapsing in a heap when hit by a falling feather from a passing seagull. Three or four minutes later, of which the ref may add 30 seconds at end of game, the player is still on the field without any sign of major injury.

If players only lay down when really injured, we may all have a bit more respect and sympathy with them.

And you wonder why all football fans are tarred with the same ‘hooligan’ brush just because if the actions of a small minority? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

I was referring to when he broke his leg at AG , and recounts how as he was taken away on a stretcher a City fan said ‘Hope you die you ****’

Happened right in front of me and when his leg broke it sounded like a shotgun going off. St Johns left one of the greatest entertainers of his generation on a stretcher awaiting an ambulance and during the wait a number of City F'wits filed past abusing him.

9 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Happened right in front of me and when his leg broke it sounded like a shotgun going off. St Johns left one of the greatest entertainers of his generation on a stretcher awaiting an ambulance and during the wait a number of City F'wits filed past abusing him.

I remember it well. As you say, the sound was unforgettable. 

Didn`t we have a run of opposition players breaking their legs at AG in a relatively short space of time? Stewart Houston and Pat Holland both suffered them too IIRC.

23 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I remember it well. As you say, the sound was unforgettable. 

Didn`t we have a run of opposition players breaking their legs at AG in a relatively short space of time? Stewart Houston and Pat Holland both suffered them too IIRC.

Indeed we did. Houston, despite being near the centre circle, sounded all around the ground as well. Truly horrible.

• Sad 2

The simulation act of football really effects this. Players go down acting like theyve been shot when trodden on, and then getting up and playing two minutes later in 100% form. 

When a player actually gets injured, because of the acts of others it dosent get taken seriously enough.

19 hours ago, Cardy said:

Yep spot on. Second time this week that S82 have badly let themselves down. It’s all getting a bit embarrassing with some of this mob now. Showing themselves to be nothing more than a bunch of immature kids. Classless behaviour.

So it was just section 82?? People in the south stand and dolman were singing at the injured player (which I agree is out of order) choudry even singled out a fan in the dolman stand buy hey let's just blame s82. 

And the second incident you're referring to was in a cup game if I'm not mistaken? So season tickets were not valid for that game, literally anyone could sit where they wanted but yeah let's just blame S82 again, much easier to do that.

20 hours ago, Packman said:

So it was just section 82?? People in the south stand and dolman were singing at the injured player (which I agree is out of order) choudry even singled out a fan in the dolman stand buy hey let's just blame s82. 

And the second incident you're referring to was in a cup game if I'm not mistaken? So season tickets were not valid for that game, literally anyone could sit where they wanted but yeah let's just blame S82 again, much easier to do that.

I sit in the South Stand and I could only hear S82 giving him stick.   There may have been some in the South Stand and Dolman but they were drowned out by S82 from where I sit.   I find them embarrassing more and more these days.  

On 12/11/2022 at 20:00, Silvio Dante said:

Firstly, he was gash all game.

Secondly, the incident was just after Gosling went down (and at the risk of being unpopular, the chants were out of order there - it looked to me like he’d done his cruciate). There was abuse coming from the Dolman and Choudhury reacted by calling the abuser fat and gesturing as such.

The “abuser” had “Big Rob” on his shirt.

Now, I’m no psychologist. But my feeling is that a man with “Big Rob” on his back may know he’s fat and someone calling him such is probably water off a ducks.

Probably but there may be other reasons he's known as Big Rob. 

14 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

The worst one and loudest i ever heard was Gerry Sharpe and the  Dani Rodriguez one was very similar .

George Elokobi's was the worst I've seen. Foot hanging at 90 degrees to his leg. Players around him looked sick.

Amazing thing was he looked cheerful and waved to the crowd as being stretchered off. Delayed shock, I guess. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

George Elokobi's was the worst I've seen. Foot hanging at 90 degrees to his leg. Players around him looked sick.

Amazing thing was he looked cheerful and waved to the crowd as being stretchered off. Delayed shock, I guess. 

Yes i forgot that one that was a bad one leg buckled . Just signed on loan if i remember