IGNORED

We're Going Back To 4-4-2

Gerry Gows' Tash

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

I would imagine winger Anyinsah would be on the wing and striker Lita would be up front or on the bench....

Bench:

Wilkshire

Butler

'Wilky' is on international duty and 'Butts' is injured....

Goodfellow is also in contention to play on the wing or be on the bench....

4-4-2 is the best formation for us i think, it works for prem clubs

I'd quite like to see us playing 433 with an attacking midfielder pushing on through the middle, allowing the wide men to actually get wide and drop back into midfield if required. When we played against Pompey it seemed to be working quite well but for the league games we have had a static midfield.

Also would like to see the main striker be able to hold the ball up a little better and bring others into the game.

I think the team needs to be a bit more dynamic whatever the formation we play.

Guest LeicesterRed

Also would like to see the main striker be able to hold the ball up a little better and bring others into the game.

Do you mean a bit like Peacock used to do??

Do you  mean  a  bit like  Peacock  used  to  do??

Yes like Peacock used to, but he isn't here so I would like his replacement to bring others into the game and also get into the box and score. Maybe I am asking too much?

I was moaning when Leapy only scored only 2 goals in 20 games....we were creating a lot of chances in that period so he obviously was going through a bad spell....but on the overall scale(over the 4 years) he was brilliant,especially considering his alcohol intake :P

Seriously though,the first 3 and a half years he was always our best striker,the most reliable,very consistent,very hard-working,not a natural goalscorer by any means but he unsettled defenders and was effective....he was a good target with good prescence....linked up the play coming deep and then turned to latch onto the end of things....loved a tussle....he also had a powerful shot and a strong header....I'll remember him....

People moaned when peacock was here... no he's gone people are moaning... we got no hope :dunno:

I wasn't moaning. Just stating how I would like to see city play.

I don't think we need to make masses of changes just need to tweak a few things to get their defenders out of position. Need to play a few more triangle that will require someone up front who can bring others into the game. Heffernan can deep a few times against Torquay and the other strikers than had a few areas to run into.

4-4-2

phillips

smith hill--coles--wodman

murray- doherty-orr- aniysayh

---heffer--miller

I'd go with that but with Goodfellow in place of Anyinsah at the start(only if he was fit)....I think Tinman will play Lita instead of Heffernan though with Anyinsah filling the hole at times and getting past the ball....

So if it is 4-4-2 (or whatever numbers equal 10)

I'd go for-if all fit

--------------Phillips---------------

Smith---Coles-----Fortune----Hill

Anyinsah----Doc---Orr----Goodfellow

-------Heffernan-----Lita-----

Subs;Bell

Gillespie

Murray

Miller

Harley

Guest Cidergal

Miller and Lita if we're going to go 4-42. With Gillespie and Roberts coming on if we're behind. Miller is a target man which is what Tinnion wants and has a very strong chance of a starting role. And Lita has scored 2 from 2 so he can't drop him now! :P

I dont rate lita but you cant drop him as he's scoring at the moment , and Miller is perfect for him to play off , it will be a very affective partnership , infact miller would work well with ANY of our other strikers , thats why imo he should be our main striker.

Archived