IGNORED

JoJo Wollacott

Davefevs

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Strap it up kid and take a few painkillers you'll be fine. 

Seriously, the first game maybe, but surely a finger injury should be better by the second week of the tournament?

He wouldn't even have to play for us (and Swindon and Charlton) to get the money. Just has to be in the squad and go out there with them.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Strap it up kid and take a few painkillers you'll be fine. 

Seriously, the first game maybe, but surely a finger injury should be better by the second week of the tournament?

Depends what he's done to it.

Different sport but Ben Stokes damaged his last year and was out for months afterwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Looks like he will join up with the squad as part of the travelling party, but injury must be more serious than “back in a week”.

Interesting. I wonder if we'll still get the money from the club benefits programme?

I cannot find the exact wording of the actual rules, but FIFA's promotional material says that clubs get money for "...each one of the days the relevant player remains with his national team during the FIFA World Cup 2022."

Note it says "remains with his national team" not "is part of the squad" or "remains in the squad". So even though Wollacott isn't part of the squad, if he travels and acts as a training cone, maybe that still counts as being "with his national team"?

I really don't know the answer btw. Just musing.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1