IGNORED

Good news for Coventry City

chinapig

On 06/12/2022 at 16:44, Harry said:

Eviction notice wasn’t til the end of the season anyway, so they’ll be there for the rest of this season regardless. 

Incorrect. CCFC have been told they must agree to terms on a new licence agreement which will allow them to remain until May 2023.  To date they have refused to sign this. There was another agreement previous that they also refused to sign. Whatever happens there will be one heck of a bunfight with only one loser.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

The price is probably a bigger factor. 

True, but we charge 30 odd quid and we do get coach for relatively cheap prices, for example shef utds down to us was £37 for szn ticket holders

21 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

True, but we charge 30 odd quid and we do get coach for relatively cheap prices, for example shef utds down to us was £37 for szn ticket holders

The £20 for Under 18’s at Coventry is more absurd than the £30+ for adults. 
A load of us were going to do a dad and lads day out but not bothering now. Few beers and watch the game together at home instead now. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BigTone said:

Incorrect. CCFC have been told they must agree to terms on a new licence agreement which will allow them to remain until May 2023.  To date they have refused to sign this. There was another agreement previous that they also refused to sign. Whatever happens there will be one heck of a bunfight with only one loser.

My mate tells me even a lot of their own fans have fell into believing that the eviction isn't until the end of the season when it is in fact with immediate effect. 

For some bizarre reason, their fans are always wanting to blame anyone else other than SISU. Strange considering what SISU have put them through. But yea, this is in no way SISUs fault and all Mike Ashley's apparently, even tho Mike Ashley has acted just like any new owner of the arena would do. 

The fans are more concerned about a walk out at a council meeting about the sell of the arena rather than the fact they are actually homeless. Very strange. 

All the other companies that are based at the arena, also had to sign new agreements. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

The £20 for Under 18’s at Coventry is more absurd than the £30+ for adults. 
A load of us were going to do a dad and lads day out but not bothering now. Few beers and watch the game together at home instead now. 

Not wrong- crazy that to bring a 6 year old relative with me would cost £21 inc fees. 

5 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

My mate tells me even a lot of their own fans have fell into believing that the eviction isn't until the end of the season when it is in fact with immediate effect. 

For some bizarre reason, their fans are always wanting to blame anyone else other than SISU. Strange considering what SISU have put them through. But yea, this is in no way SISUs fault and all Mike Ashley's apparently, even tho Mike Ashley has acted just like any new owner of the arena would do. 

The fans are more concerned about a walk out at a council meeting about the sell of the arena rather than the fact they are actually homeless. Very strange. 

All the other companies that are based at the arena, also had to sign new agreements. 

To those thinking Ashley's actions harsh remember all the tenant insurances, warranties and public liabilities under the lease/licence/TaW will similarly have become invalid, as will some of the landlord's as the contracting parties covered have changed. Recall the initial changes were nothing more than the names on the contract, bank/agent and insurance details. The contract details itself didn't change. The mystery here is why they wouldn't sign a revised contract equal to that they already enjoyed?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

To those thinking Ashley's actions harsh remember all the tenant insurances, warranties and public liabilities under the lease/licence/TaW will similarly have become invalid, as will some of the landlord's as the contracting parties covered have changed. Recall the initial changes were nothing more than the names on the contract, bank/agent and insurance details. The contract details itself didn't change. The mystery here is why they wouldn't sign a revised contract equal to that they already enjoyed?

Sisu appear to be very good at using the press to manipulate their fans. 

I'd like to think if this happened here, our fans wouldn't be so happy to rollover and believe any bs that the owners fed us. 

When Frasers offered the new licence, SISU tried to take the opportunity to add new things into it rather than just signing it.

I think their issue is the length of the licence was reduced from their previous licence. Frasers stance is well that licence is now void so the license til the end of the season is better than the one you currently have. 

8 days before their next home game and its all gone very quiet about whether the game will be at the CBS or not. 

47 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Sisu appear to be very good at using the press to manipulate their fans. 

I'd like to think if this happened here, our fans wouldn't be so happy to rollover and believe any bs that the owners fed us. 

When Frasers offered the new licence, SISU tried to take the opportunity to add new things into it rather than just signing it.

I think their issue is the length of the licence was reduced from their previous licence. Frasers stance is well that licence is now void so the license til the end of the season is better than the one you currently have. 

8 days before their next home game and its all gone very quiet about whether the game will be at the CBS or not. 

Whatever form the initial contract took between Arena Cov & Sisu the term of the revised offer will not have changed (as Frasers wouldn't be legally entitled so to vary, at least not without mutual consent.) The differences in lease, licence & TAW are largely to fit in with accounting convention given if correctly drafted all may mirror each other in terms of risk transfer and security of tenure. My understanding is that contract had 8 years to run (for Sisu) but I'm unsure what arrangement Sisu had with Cov (the football element?) That term might have been shorter. The new licence offer only arose as a result of Sisu refusing to sign the like-for-like contract with their new landlord AND not raising dispute such there was no longer a valid contract between the newly named parties. Sisu having defaulted, Frasers are able to vary (within limits) any new offer tabled as its that, a NEW (not replacement) offer.

Landlords flip all the time and from a tenant perspective it really is as simple as signing to agree in future to pay and notify the new landlord at their agent/bank rather than the the landlord listed in the original contract. As the terms do not otherwise vary this is usually accomplished by a variation deed of assignment, not newly drafted contract.

6 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Not wrong- crazy that to bring a 6 year old relative with me would cost £21 inc fees. 

5 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

That just doesn’t feel right at all does it! 

Agreed. Although what did we charge for the return fixture?

We have more categories so it muddied the water a bit but for equivalent.

£28- Adult

£10- U12

I don't know if this is inclusive of booking fees? If it isn't that rises to £29 and £11 respectively.

We are better for sure but I also read on Twitter that we have the highest at this level and that claim, it surprises me!

This for reference was for a Category B game. Which our game v Coventry in October was deemed.

Screenshot_20221209-152706_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6df8aa2b20ac736c8daa5be1f1cb30fd.jpg

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

20 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Screenshot_20221209-153148_Chrome.thumb.jpg.75f52bc57eaf82c2a1bb75309661d373.jpgFor Home Tickets- unsure how this impacts on away Tickets. Presumably charged the same.

Plus a list of games by Category..

If we were Category B like they were here, it would in fact be only a couple of quid more expensive.

Screenshot_20221209-152938_Chrome.thumb.jpg.86bef9386e00c3f8bdfb50310d7c7ffc.jpg

My friend tells me that apparently members are able to claim free u12 tickets or something. Quite good if true. 

On 09/12/2022 at 11:38, BTRFTG said:

Whatever form the initial contract took between Arena Cov & Sisu the term of the revised offer will not have changed (as Frasers wouldn't be legally entitled so to vary, at least not without mutual consent.) The differences in lease, licence & TAW are largely to fit in with accounting convention given if correctly drafted all may mirror each other in terms of risk transfer and security of tenure. My understanding is that contract had 8 years to run (for Sisu) but I'm unsure what arrangement Sisu had with Cov (the football element?) That term might have been shorter. The new licence offer only arose as a result of Sisu refusing to sign the like-for-like contract with their new landlord AND not raising dispute such there was no longer a valid contract between the newly named parties. Sisu having defaulted, Frasers are able to vary (within limits) any new offer tabled as its that, a NEW (not replacement) offer.

Landlords flip all the time and from a tenant perspective it really is as simple as signing to agree in future to pay and notify the new landlord at their agent/bank rather than the the landlord listed in the original contract. As the terms do not otherwise vary this is usually accomplished by a variation deed of assignment, not newly drafted contract.

I feel like there is more to come of this. 

I don't understand why they refused a like for like offer to then agree to a short term deal? I'm not quite sure what the game plan is here? By all accounts their previous deal was quite favourable for them, so why not just sign the like for like deal?

I presume once this expires in the summer, Frasers (Ashley) is able to dictate the terms? If they were somehow able to achieve promotion (which I don't believe they will) then Ashley could and will hold them to ransome. 

Also don't the EFL require clubs to have at least a 3 year deal? I guess that's what they mean about they are awaiting EFL approval. The EFL have been extremely accommodating towards their situation but the rules cannot continue to be bent when they had the option of signing a like for like deal. 

I guess Sisu just wanted to kick this into the long grass so if a takeover does go ahead, then it's not their problem to deal with. 

On 09/12/2022 at 03:26, W-S-M Seagull said:

Are they Derby in disguise!

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I feel like there is more to come of this. 

I don't understand why they refused a like for like offer to then agree to a short term deal? I'm not quite sure what the game plan is here? By all accounts their previous deal was quite favourable for them, so why not just sign the like for like deal?

I presume once this expires in the summer, Frasers (Ashley) is able to dictate the terms? If they were somehow able to achieve promotion (which I don't believe they will) then Ashley could and will hold them to ransome. 

Also don't the EFL require clubs to have at least a 3 year deal? I guess that's what they mean about they are awaiting EFL approval. The EFL have been extremely accommodating towards their situation but the rules cannot continue to be bent when they had the option of signing a like for like deal. 

I guess Sisu just wanted to kick this into the long grass so if a takeover does go ahead, then it's not their problem to deal with. 

The licence is direct with the company that is the football club. The deal to purchase 85% of the company that owns THAT company is yet to go through. If Ashley wants the football club there's nil value in seeing it go bust, given he now owns the stadium. I think the ground regulation applies prior to the start of each season hence Ashley, in issuing a short licence, could be forcing the prospective new owner into a corner (or if they're acting in cahoots driving the price down...)

On 10/12/2022 at 12:10, W-S-M Seagull said:

My friend tells me that apparently members are able to claim free u12 tickets or something. Quite good if true. 

Surely that would've been publicised with the ticket release, wouldn't it?  The price is the only reason I've decided against. £55 a week after Christmas is ridiculous. 

Small update on this.

Looks like it won't be approved by the end of 2022, things maybe delayed by Christmas but 6 weeks and counting.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-takeover-king-efl-25849182

Takeovers can drag these days- various hoops to jump through.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous