IGNORED

Back in the Day - Charlton Brothers

bcfc01

I've met and spoken to Bobby Carlton on numerous times. As have many football fans who attended Utd ' reserve' games. He was always there, usually sat next to Alex. They both made themselves available to speak to any fan. When I went regularly, Ole was in charge of the ' reserves'. 

I found it unusual and fascinating, that both would just sit in amongst the fans and be happy to chat. It was fascinating to see fans give them respect and space. Acknowledging both. 

It was definitely different watching ' reserve' games...I say reserve as I can't remember what it was titled as..U23,U21 etc...either way...an afternoon mid week game drew a different type of crowd. Respectful. Knowledgeable. Interested. Often Scouts in attendance. 

You watched games differently to a league game.

I remember having a conversation with Bobby re Federico Macheda whilst he was playing. I can't believe he's now 31 having looked it up and copy and pasted his name. Time fly's. 

I'll always remember what Bobby said re Macheda. He said he had talent but his family will hold him back. 

When I hear rumours re Massengo, and father...this conversation often resignates.

Anyway...regardless of my waffle... Bobby Charlton will always stay in my mind as a kind and gentle human being. R