IGNORED

Bristol City fans in Qatar for World Cup

MarkQatar

37 minutes ago, MarkQatar said:

Hi,

I am a Bristol City fan living and working in Qatar. I am going to the England group games, and a few more. Are there many City fans coming out to Qatar?

Cheers

Mark Lerwill

Hi Mark, there is a small group of us who will be there for the group games, PM me if you want to meet up with fellow City fans :englandsmile4wf:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Anyone got tips on accommodation please? I'm thinking wait until the group stages are over and hopefully demand will be lower 

You have to get a Haya Card as well as accommodation, and match tickets before coming to Qatar. The rules are different for residents to get a match ticket.  We just have to have a Haya card to get a match ticket. Rules might change in December though. As for accommodation, there is big range of accommodation, from apartments, tents, cruise ships to hotels. Doha is small city, so everything is with fairly easy reach. Have you got anything potentially booked?

9 hours ago, MarkQatar said:

Yes, beer is Qatar is normally about 10GBP or more, so 50 Qatari Riyals. And there is only Budweiser available in the beer tents.

Not anymore, sorry, it's all been stopped at the stadium by the authorities. Just on the news.

24 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Not anymore, sorry, it's all been stopped at the stadium by the authorities. Just on the news.

I notice they only announced this AFTER everybody had booked and it was too late to back out, what a boring place to go to, if this fact had been known at the start I bet attendances would have been way down as if it wasn't a crap enough place to have a World cup now fans won't even be able to have a drink to celebrate or drown their sorrows.

12 minutes ago, pillred said:

I notice they only announced this AFTER everybody had booked and it was too late to back out, what a boring place to go to, if this fact had been known at the start I bet attendances would have been way down as if it wasn't a crap enough place to have a World cup now fans won't even be able to have a drink to celebrate or drown their sorrows.

you can still drink at the fan zone, hotels, bars etc. It's only the stadium they've banned it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just noticed that FIFA have now changed their minds 2 days before the tournament begins, regarding the serving of alcohol within the stadiums....so instead of the average supporter being allowed to enjoy a beer at extortionate  prices.......the only booze available will be served up to the corporate Fat Cats, in their Fat Cat corporate box's?.   Does FIFA's  hypocrisy really know no bounds?  Just another feather in the cap of these moron's who have been allowed to run the "people's game"....and that's a misnomer if i have ever heard one?  Ha!   I wonder if Queerta's morality police have had some influence on this?  But of course if you have buckets of Wonga you can probably do just about anything you want?   What a farce!

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, pillred said:

Why boring ?

I don't know why people are so surprised at a booze ban in world cup stadiums, or for that matter so angry when most to have expressed anger won't be there anyway. It may come as a shock to many but it is actually possible to watch and enjoy a game of football without alcohol. As for the hypocrisy of FIFA in allowing drinking for the corporate punters that was a given wasn't it? 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

£12 for a pint of Budweiser at the stadium is no loss surely. It’s not all about drinking 

Anyone who paid that amount for a beer would not only be an idiot but as its Budweiser, truly one of the worst beers in the world, display a, total lack of taste. 

• Like 4
  • Robin 2

44 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Anyone who paid that amount for a beer would not only be an idiot but as its Budweiser, truly one of the worst beers in the world, display a, total lack of taste. 

Budweiser and taste is something of a contradiction in terms9

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bobby Bollax said:

£12 for a pint of Budweiser at the stadium is no loss surely. It’s not all about drinking 

It's sad for some that it seems it is.

It's even sadder that one poster on the forum has said they are  looking forward to riots for the same reason !!

I wonder if any will take in the Souqs, the Corniche or Purple Island and appreciate things instead of hitting the batter and acting like an uneducated maggot. ( no offense intended to the maggot )

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 2