IGNORED

City U21 today

frenchred

Cracking game, Gromit! 

Nowt much happened early on and with 39 minutes on the clock, it was still goalless. Somehow by half time, it was City 1 Palace 2 with Killian Phillips powering home a header for the Eagles and Seb Palmer-Houlden's excellent headed equaliser. Within two minutes though, David Omilabu tucked home for 2-1.

joe Low then scored the third header of the game on 58 before a bizarre incident that saw him see red on 63 (ref cleared it up for me on the final whistle - red was for handball and not DOGSO as initially suggested). Will Buse saved the spot kick superbly from the much sought after Gordon. Game calmed down a tad after that although both sides had chances to grab a winner, Palace moreso than City.

Incidentally for you geeky folk out there,  there were five yellows and a red in the game. As mentioned, the red was for handball but the five yellows were for four different offences; timewasting, dissent, foul & entering field without permission).

Palmer-Houlden impressed as did Zac Bell too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Cracking game, Gromit! 

Nowt much happened early on and with 39 minutes on the clock, it was still goalless. Somehow by half time, it was City 1 Palace 2 with Killian Phillips powering home a header for the Eagles and Seb Palmer-Houlden's excellent headed equaliser. Within two minutes though, David Omilabu tucked home for 2-1.

joe Low then scored the third header of the game on 58 before a bizarre incident that saw him see red on 63 (ref cleared it up for me on the final whistle - red was for handball and not DOGSO as initially suggested). Will Buse saved the spot kick superbly from the much sought after Gordon. Game calmed down a tad after that although both sides had chances to grab a winner, Palace moreso than City.

Incidentally for you geeky folk out there,  there were five yellows and a red in the game. As mentioned, the red was for handball but the five yellows were for four different offences; timewasting, dissent, foul & entering field without permission).

What is DOGSO?

I'm guessing SO is scoring opportunity... D is direct?

1 hour ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Agreed. Zac Bell has a fantastic leap on him for his size. Hopefully breaking through soon. Also I thought Owers was pretty solid in midfield - I guess he needs to find himself a club soon. Liked Buse - he made some decent saves.

For a free ticket and bus ride, that's the best Cyber Monday deal I've ever had.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

My guess is Denial Of Goal Scoring Opportunity? 

Yep, spot on.

Not sure why I said Low's goal was a header, it was a shot but there you go. I did know that, honestly. 

55 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

My guess is Denial Of Goal Scoring Opportunity? 

Edited by Hamdon Mart
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1