IGNORED

Michael Beale-confirmed as Rangers manager

Sir Geoff

42 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Michael Appleton levels of loyalty there. 

In some ways an odd decision @Major Isewater. He apparently turned down Wolves as he wanted to take QPR to the PL ( which, looked a possibility), then a few short weeks later he goes to a much inferior league, albeit with a club that can win domestic trophies.

The other strange factor is that back in the homeland it is very widely reported, and has been for some time, that Rangers are not awash with money.

He is apparently close to the DoF at Ibrox and that may have played a part but still an odd choice in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Kolo, Kolo-Kolo, Kolo-Kolo, Kolo, Kolo Toure….appointed as Wigan manager today.

Certainly a left field appointment, I know he was at Leicester with Brendan Rodgers, so it isn’t as if they got him out of the pub, but he’s neither played nor managed (obviously) at Championship level.

7 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I don't know what's sadder: that the median average head coach/manager service is under six months, or that only three of them are younger than me.

Er, I actually meant only three of them are older than me! :o Time too concentrate on the Welsh game I think.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Why would that be an issue?

Because he has no previous experience whatsoever of the league.

He could be brilliant, he could be rubbish, all appointments are a gamble but I’d suggest you reduce your risk if you choose someone with some experience at that level.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He could be brilliant, he could be rubbish, all appointments are a gamble but I’d suggest you reduce your risk if you choose someone with some experience at that level.

Yeah much better to go sage with someone like Neil Harris than take a gamble on someone like Kompany with no experience of the league.

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Vincent company and bilic don't appear to be doing to badly

31 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

Yeah much better to go sage with someone like Neil Harris than take a gamble on someone like Kompany with no experience of the league.

That’s a spectacularly stupid example.

Kompany had managed in the top flight in Belgium, whereas Toure (who I was referring to) hasn’t managed anyone at all before.

Harris is now managing at the bottom of League Two so he’s only marginally more likely to get another offer in the Championship than you or I.

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

That’s a spectacularly stupid example.

Kompany had managed in the top flight in Belgium, whereas Toure (who I was referring to) hasn’t managed anyone at all before.

Harris is now managing at the bottom of League Two so he’s only marginally more likely to get another offer in the Championship than you or I.

Oh OK it's a stupid example as it doesn't fit your argument even though Kompany had never played or managed in the league which was your argument? Or Harris that had managed and played at this level a lot

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

If Kolo rings his mate at Burnley, he'll be in good Kompany.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Neil Critchley appointed tonight at QPR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63937770

Just saw that ,interesting appointment , one of only 16 "Elite Uefa qualified coaches".

Neil Critchley (born 18 October 1978) is an English manager who is currently the manager of Championship club Queens Park Rangers. He has previously managed Liverpool under-18s (standing in for Jürgen Klopp for two of Liverpool's cup fixtures in the 2019–2020 season), and guided Blackpool to promotion, via the playoffs, from League One to the Championship in 2020–21, his first full season in charge of the club.

He is one of sixteen coaches worldwide to have obtained UEFA's elite badge.[2]

938938159_Screenshot2022-12-11at21_27_11.png.e2155945a4c3f664ed87b8958594f52e.png

On paper this seems a very good appointment, but I’m always interested in a manager’s next appointment when they’ve done well in their first job…like he did at Blackpool.

I looking forward to seeing if he can get more upside out of the players (than Beale) who you could argue have already been well-coached.  Theoretically there was more room to improve Blackpool’s players.

I think he will do alright though, QPR have a squad capable of getting a playoff position, having only picked up one draw in last five games, slipping out of the playoff places.

I wonder if how Beale went about his last few weeks had an affect on the players Dave. 
I heard after he had made all the right noises, pledging loyalty etc, he turned up at a Rangers game. Now I know he was there before , but when the links were made it does feel a bit two faced. I know QPR fans weren't happy. 
They have a decent squad, they've had good runs recently only to fall away, be interesting to see where this guy can take them. 

• Like 2