IGNORED

Idehen back from loan

Jerseybean

30 minutes ago, phantom said:

Returns and not recalled?

It’s not 100% clear but I suspect that he was returned given how few games he played. Add to that City aren’t current blessed with much CB cover with Kalas still injured.

However had he been recalled then it would likely have said on the OS.

51 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Been a huge disappointment, 2 brief sub appearances & some Papa John’s Trophy nonsense.

Hasn’t worked out at all for him, so unless he goes on loan again in January it is back to the U21s for him, I think.

I think he’s had his window of opportunity, and has failed to grasp it.

Suspect he may be loaned out to a National league team or released, there are other younger CBs coming through and I think he was a bit of a punt to begin with.

Just now, Countryfile said:

I think he’s had his window of opportunity, and has failed to grasp it.

Suspect he may be loaned out to a National league team or released, there are other younger CBs coming through and I think he was a bit of a punt to begin with.

Got another year so unless we come to an agreement he’s with us until 2024.

I don’t think we should be writing Idehen off at this point.

He managed to force himself into 1st team consideration last season, appearing twice, but had a “difficult” summer.  He may well have needed some time away, and despite not playing much, might come back ready to go again.  He’s 20, he was probably ahead of Towler going into the summer, so let’s give him a bit of time to see how he re-starts his career here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Got another year so unless we come to an agreement he’s with us until 2024.

Appreciate that, but if he can’t get in Carlisle’s team over a period of time, he’s unlikely to get anywhere near our first team, and we have some quality defenders in the U 21s.

He may see out his contract, but if he gets the cold shoulder from Nige and Tins and no game time he might also decide to move on.

I may be mistaken, we shall see.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He managed to force himself into 1st team consideration last season, appearing twice, but had a “difficult” summer.  He may well have needed some time away, and despite not playing much, might come back ready to go again.  He’s 20, he was probably ahead of Towler going into the summer, so let’s give him a bit of time to see how he re-starts his career here.

Wasn’t he released by Grimsby who then signed Towler on loan to replace him?

8 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Appreciate that, but if he can’t get in Carlisle’s team over a period of time, he’s unlikely to get anywhere near our first team, and we have some quality defenders in the U 21s.

He may see out his contract, but if he gets the cold shoulder from Nige and Tins and no game time he might also decide to move on.

I may be mistaken, we shall see.

No argument with that at all.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It does look City are getting more ruthless though.

16 minutes ago, bpexile said:

Not before time eh Dave?

No more free rides here !!!

Think that is all part of the new culture, you do well, you get your chance, up to you to take it, if you do the club stands by you, and the coaches do everything they can to help you, if you don’t on you go, and that doesn’t apply just to the first team.

The big thing for me is the competition for places, players like Vyner and Pring responding to setbacks, knuckling down and getting on with it, no prima donnas, no billy big whatsits.

Players like Conway and Scott who clearly love being at the club, players like Wells, yes a big earner, but a model pro, no complaints, works hard, takes his chances.

I like it.

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You and your common sense! COYR 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Reading between the lines, he was a negative influence at the club and didn’t work hard enough to get into their side.

He appears to have it physically but needs to sort out the attitude.

Their manager was being diplomatic with his comments which is fine by me. 

Although the LWB comment was a bit strange.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Although the LWB comment was a bit strange.

Just read the piece. 
I may be completely off, but it's almost like Simpson signed him as LWB cover and he then realised he was a LCB.
Simpson says all the right things, decent character, trained well etc. Just seems to me like he made a mistake over what Idehen actually was.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Just read the piece. 
I may be completely off, but it's almost like Simpson signed him as LWB cover and he then realised he was a LCB.
Simpson says all the right things, decent character, trained well etc. Just seems to me like he made a mistake over what Idehen actually was.

But but but all our loans are strategically placed with a great deal of thought and dialogue between the clubs?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, frenchred said:

But but but all our loans are strategically placed with a great deal of thought and dialogue between the clubs?

If the stories are a bit true, Idehen needed some time away, maybe beggars (us) can’t be choosers and Simmo was doing us a favour, hoping he might do well.  Sounds like it didn’t go particularly well and a bit of backtracking.

I’m fine with that btw.