IGNORED

World Cup 2026

Aberdeen Pete's Dad

England have a very good team, probably the best ever and certainly the best since 1970. They could easily have won this year, and I am speaking as a Scotsman. Most of them will be in their prime in 4 years and there will be very few changes by then. It is not stretching a point to suggest that Alex Scott will be playing in Jordan Henderson ‘ s position . Harry Kane may have gone over by then, and his most effective replacement will be Abraham of Roma. Harry Maguire is obviously vulnerable , but the defence will be improved by the introduction of Webster of Brighton. 

17 minutes ago, Aberdeen Pete's Dad said:

England have a very good team, probably the best ever and certainly the best since 1970. They could easily have won this year, and I am speaking as a Scotsman. Most of them will be in their prime in 4 years and there will be very few changes by then. It is not stretching a point to suggest that Alex Scott will be playing in Jordan Henderson ‘ s position . Harry Kane may have gone over by then, and his most effective replacement will be Abraham of Roma. Harry Maguire is obviously vulnerable , but the defence will be improved by the introduction of Webster of Brighton. 

Kane will be 32 and should still be able to lead the line for us in 2026, especially if he manages to stay fit and healthy. Unfortunately I can’t see Adam Webster breaking into the England squad anytime in the next 4 years, unless he gets a move to a bigger club of course. 

Stones & Maguire will both be 32/33 which is not a problematic age for centre halves, especially if they’re injury free and playing top level club football still. 

1 hour ago, clunes said:

The biggest problem I see is that there is no replacement for Kane coming through. Abraham isn’t the answer. Perhaps Toney? Hopefully an Owen or Rooney is just about to breakthrough somewhere!

Anything can happen really. Who would have predicted Goncalo Ramos would be the striker for Portugal to get a hat trick at this World Cup

48 teams qualify for the World cup thats a quarter of the World countries,if we can't be one of them some thing is really wrong.

Just we don't get shunted from Mexico to Canada then back to Mexico and then baclk to Canada

Just a word on the Euros in Germany in 2024,please go even if you don't have match day tickets,and travel by train from the U.K. to germany,its morte enjoyable

See see all of you in Bare-lyn

9 hours ago, clunes said:

The biggest problem I see is that there is no replacement for Kane coming through. Abraham isn’t the answer. Perhaps Toney? Hopefully an Owen or Rooney is just about to breakthrough somewhere!

Tommy Conway... Could be the real deal in 3/4 years time. Not too late to change allegiance.

12 hours ago, Malago said:

We’ve got the Euros first in 18 months time.  Not easy qualifying group with Italy, Ukraine, North Macedonia (who knocked Italy out of WC qualifying PO) and Malta who will be the whipping boys of the group.

1 hour ago, clunes said:

Yeah, tricky qualifying group for once.

Am I right in thinking top 2 qualify automatically but still possibility of play offs?

On 12/12/2022 at 13:55, Bris Red said:

Yup, will be us an Italy to go through comfortably IMO.

Not so comfortable for them in hindsight!

Looking forward to this one, we've got family there and I should have plenty of caps by then to get tickets. Just need to negotiate work

16 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

Taking my wife to New York for her 40th in 2026 and hoping to get to a game, shall I gamble on England defying the odds and book over the date of the final? 🙃

From experience - try combine it with the group games and apply for some tickets in NY , and hope to get lucky catching England but more importantly,  if you haven’t managed to do it before , you get to see a World a cup match live anyway , - something really special IMO - The buzz and colour has an extra something 👍🏻

and as a bonus you may be lucky to catch a juicy game , England or not 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

From experience - try combine it with the group games and apply for some tickets in NY , and hope to get lucky catching England but more importantly,  if you haven’t managed to do it before , you get to see a World a cup match live anyway , - something really special IMO - The buzz and colour has an extra something 👍🏻

and as a bonus you may be lucky to catch a juicy game , England or not 

Cheers, I was hoping to wait until England qualified or not first, and then could confirm where and when their group games will be, but ultimately I think it’s a wild goose chase. By the sound of it the prices will spike massively when the fixtures are released and I’d end up paying double for everything. Would still love to see a very likeable team like Japan or Sweden as a neutral if it came to it.