IGNORED

FBC Podcast - ROTHERHAM [A] … the verdict: not pretty but effective

Curr Avon

ROTHERHAM [A] … the verdict: not pretty but effective (podbean.com)

City were comfortable winners by 3-1 as they took all three points from this particular trip to South Yorkshire for the first time since 1995.

Taking the lead through an own goal, City were guilty of more sloppy defending which allowed the home side to draw level before goals for Williams before the break and Pring late on, his first for the club, gave City victory.

Max O'Leary produced a save deep into injury time which showed why has has now firmly got his grip on the keeper jersey.

Dave P is joined by Ian & Mark in reviewing the action, looking forward to the upcoming fixtures and in the week which saw Scott Murray celebrate 25 years service at the club they all recall their individual stand out memories of this true club legend.

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Enjoyed the listen but a bit perplexed as to why Dave P thinks WBA at home is a must win game. Also chuckled at Ian saying we need to win the next 4. With Rotherham that would make 5 on the bounce...more than a bit delusional.

Thanks Sir Geoff, but don't knock Ian's enthusiasm, it should be treasured, bottled, and stored for safe keeping.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Enjoyed the listen but a bit perplexed as to why Dave P thinks WBA at home is a must win game. Also chuckled at Ian saying we need to win the next 4. With Rotherham that would make 5 on the bounce...more than a bit delusional.

No game is must win at this very moment, let alone West Brom…or “we need four more” either.  I did think Rotherham was important to “not lose”, but we can see throughout a season that it’s what you do over 46, not one game that defines where you finish.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No game is must win at this very moment, let alone West Brom…or “we need four more” either.  I did think Rotherham was important to “not lose”, but we can see throughout a season that it’s what you do over 46, not one game that defines where you finish.

On a related topic I watched WBA at Sunderland on Monday & was very impressed, Corberan has transformed them.

Despite the ******* Lee Hendrie saying that they did little first half, the penalty aside they were the home side’s equal for me & second half they were comfortably the better team.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them make a late run for the playoffs, that is 4 wins on the spin now & their squad is definitely a top ten one.

We definitely played them at the right time up there & I’d take a point on Boxing Day now. 

The cynic in me also wonders why someone might describe one of our toughest forthcoming games as “must win”..

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

On a related topic I watched WBA at Sunderland on Monday & was very impressed, Corberan has transformed them.

The subs made a difference too.  Dike offering more than Assante-Thomas and Rogic that little bit of extra composure in the final third, notwithstanding his goal.

Despite the ******* Lee Hendrie saying that they did little first half, the penalty aside they were the home side’s equal for me & second half they were comfortably the better team.

pretty poor first half from both sides, but Sunderland slightly better. Wallace a bit threat.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them make a late run for the playoffs, that is 4 wins on the spin now & their squad is definitely a top ten one.

I had them and Boro as my 1:2 pre-season.

We definitely played them at the right time up there & I’d take a point on Boxing Day now. 

The cynic in me also wonders why someone might describe one of our toughest forthcoming games as “must win”..

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I agree and have never seen them as being relegation candidates. Would also take a point now.