IGNORED

Andreas Weimann

Red Army 75

16 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I’m sorry but having last seasons top goal scorer sitting so deep is awful. Horrendous 

I'm personally hoping that it's purely down to lack of RWB's and our current striker situation. Wells contract is up soon, I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Martin leave, we bring in another RWB meaning Weimann can go back to playing as a striker. I think the reason he's playing where he is comes down to a lack of options in RWB and Weimann being a player who can play almost any role. With so many contracts running down I'm hoping next season we'll see Weimann and Conway up front and we'll have Wilson back and maybe another new wing back to contend for that position.
As it stands we have Conway, Wells, Semenyo all fighting for 2 striker positions and Weimann being the only one capable of playing in other positions.

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'm personally hoping that it's purely down to lack of RWB's and our current striker situation. Wells contract is up soon, I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Martin leave, we bring in another RWB meaning Weimann can go back to playing as a striker. I think the reason he's playing where he is comes down to a lack of options in RWB and Weimann being a player who can play almost any role. With so many contracts running down I'm hoping next season we'll see Weimann and Conway up front and we'll have Wilson back and maybe another new wing back to contend for that position.
As it stands we have Conway, Wells, Semenyo all fighting for 2 striker positions and Weimann being the only one capable of playing in other positions.

You say it’s down to our lack of RWBs, but we’ve bought 3 of them in the past year or so. Not having a go at you: I agree with what you say about Weimann, but it just seems ludicrous that we’re reduced to playing him there while players we’ve bought for that position sit on the bench. 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

For me it's a case of getting our best players into the starting 11.

Seems criminal a 20 goal a season striker last season gets played deeper, but the reality is we're not suffering from a lack of goals. 

We're top 6 in goals scored. 

The 'problem' is Wells, Conway and Semenyo are all at a higher level than Sykes and Tanner, so Weimann, Mr Team-Player, gets moved to try and help solve the problems the other end of the pitch. 

• Like 1

It proves a tricky one, as Weimann is a player who should be in the team each week. 

However, IMO we see the best version of Scott in the number 10 position (Weimann’s role last year). This then creates the issue of ‘fitting’ Andi into the starting 11 in a position that may not be his strongest.

the RWB position, still hasn’t had anyone claim it as their own, so it’s a case of play Weimann there to ensure he is in the team. 

Off the back of last season, I struggled to imagine a different front 3 of Martin, Semenyo and Weimann. Yet here we are, half way through this season, and 2 of them are on the bench every week, and the other (last seasons top scorer) is being shoehorned into any available position. 

He showed today in the first half, the attacking threat he possesses when in central areas.

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

For me it's a case of getting our best players into the starting 11.

Seems criminal a 20 goal a season striker last season gets played deeper, but the reality is we're not suffering from a lack of goals. 

We're top 6 in goals scored. 

The 'problem' is Wells, Conway and Semenyo are all at a higher level than Sykes and Tanner, so Weimann, Mr Team-Player, gets moved to try and help solve the problems the other end of the pitch. 

Spot on,he’s a give it a go lad for the team,when the money lads move on he will still be here so maybe the manager is keeping him happy by playing him,we can’t have him pissed off because he ain’t playing next season 

5 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

It proves a tricky one, as Weimann is a player who should be in the team each week. 

However, IMO we see the best version of Scott in the number 10 position (Weimann’s role last year). This then creates the issue of ‘fitting’ Andi into the starting 11 in a position that may not be his strongest.

the RWB position, still hasn’t had anyone claim it as their own, so it’s a case of play Weimann there to ensure he is in the team. 

Off the back of last season, I struggled to imagine a different front 3 of Martin, Semenyo and Weimann. Yet here we are, half way through this season, and 2 of them are on the bench every week, and the other (last seasons top scorer) is being shoehorned into any available position. 

He showed today in the first half, the attacking threat he possesses when in central areas.

Scott will be gone as will semenyo come the start of next season 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Spike said:

Lack of wing back options? We have Tanner and Sykes on the bench, the latter I thought done well today

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

So if you start with Sykes. Where do you have Andi in the 11 ?

I’d put Weimann back centrally behind the front 2 now. Where he was successful before. No surprise that when we had that good move today and he hit the post, he had moved into the centre.

Edited by eardun

42 minutes ago, eardun said:

I’d put Weimann back centrally behind the front 2 now. Where he was successful before. No surprise that when we had that good move today and he hit the post, he had moved into the centre.

In which case you’re leaving one of James, Scott or Williams out.  I actually feel we’ve been more secure playing a 3 in Midfield over the past number of games.

Weimann played well at RWB today, and bar two shit goals conceded the set up was fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

In which case you’re leaving one of James, Scott or Williams out.  I actually feel we’ve been more secure playing a 3 in Midfield over the past number of games.

Weimann played well at RWB today, and bar two shit goals conceded the set up was fine.

Just think Sykes has had his rest, looked back on form, and adds a lot at RWB. I would put Weimann back to where he was so successful last season. I accept he needed a break from there as he wasn’t playing that well earlier in the season but I would shake it up again. I would rest one of Scott or Williams - certainly Scott had a poor game today I thought. 

9 minutes ago, eardun said:

Just think Sykes has had his rest, looked back on form, and adds a lot at RWB. I would put Weimann back to where he was so successful last season. I accept he needed a break from there as he wasn’t playing that well earlier in the season but I would shake it up again. I would rest one of Scott or Williams - certainly Scott had a poor game today I thought. 

I thought Scott was the best player on the pitch by a country mile first half.  Second half, less effective as they put Baker on him.