IGNORED

Terry Hall

Dr Balls

Just announced that he has died after a brief illness. Only 63…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64029430

RIP.

Remember Ghost Town being Number One with the video playing on Top of the Pops and trying to explain to my 70-year old great aunt what the song was all about. And in many ways things are much worse now than they were then.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Just announced that he has died after a brief illness. Only 63…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64029430

RIP.

Remember Ghost Town being Number One with the video playing on Top of the Pops and trying to explain to my 70-year old great aunt what the song was all about. And in many ways things are much worse now than they were then.

Shite. I'm gutted. Such an iconic figure for my generation.

Absolutely gutted with this news. I was fortunate enough to see Terry in The Specials, The Fun Boy Three and The Colourfield and also had the pleasure of being there when he, Neville and Lynval along with Kirsty MacColl joined The Pogues on stage at the NEC for a truly awesome version of A Message To You Rudi.

A member of a truly ground breaking band when you just didn`t see multi-racial acts and broke down a lot of barriers. His lyrics summed up the late 70s/early 80s like no-one else.

RIP Terry, I`ll miss you.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

50 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

We were wrapping presents in the music room last Friday, I have just walked back in and look what was the last thing on the deck. :(

IMG_20221221_144415.jpg

I still have my 12" vinyl copy of Specials, along with the Madness One Step Beyond LP,  having bought both together down Virgin a week or so after they were released. 

It's still good to discover new music now, but nothing will ever come close to the sheer thrill and exhilaration of the 2Tone explosion as a 14 year old.

• Like 2

Came across this link and thought one or two of you may be interested. Terry Hall on Piccadilly Radio , with assistance from Timmy Mallet.
Don't let that put you off, an interesting and eclectic Mix of music, and of course the thoughts of Terry Hall.