IGNORED

4,500 baggies fans heading to Coventry

Never to the dark side

3 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Robins works wonders with all the continual fall out at Cov, they could well be contenders again if they hold onto 'Super Vik' et al during the Jan window.

Which makes the position we are in all the more frustrating, if they can do what they are doing no money ground problems etc etc  why the hell can't we? dare I say it's down to our management, if only Robins was the manager of the Robins.

Edited by pillred
Punctuation.

2 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Robins works wonders with all the continual fall out at Cov, they could well be contenders again if they hold onto 'Super Vik' et al during the Jan window.

Always thought they were in a false position when we played them early October.

They were bottom but looked not bad albeit not a possession dominant side- could see they were really playing for Robins too or at minimum he hadn't lost the dressing room or anything similar.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

36 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Good manager.

34 minutes ago, pillred said:

Which makes the position we are in all the more frustrating, if they can do what they are doing no money ground problems etc etc  why the hell can't we? dare I say it's down to our management, if only Robins was the manager of the Robins.

The beauty of a sensible progression strategy, that doesn’t require a complete rebuild, and is several years in, so just tweaking each window, not sledgehammer.

The financial issues are more of a Cashflow issue than FFP, so different to ourselves.

Recruited so well upon promotion from Lg1. Over the past couple of seasons, O’Hare made perm from loan, Sheaf made perm from Loan, Gyokeres on the cheap after a very unimpressive loan at Swansea.  Hamer the “next level up” from Liam Walsh, you can see why they didn’t come back for him.  And a good pathway from Academy.  The only player of real note they’ve lost since coming back up is Hyam, who eased their Cashflow issues when he went to Blackburn earlier this season.  The two underlined bits we’ve got one right in recent times.  Hoping Tins can get the other one right.

A lot of lesions to be learned from theirs and Luton’s approach…although both have been to the brink, Luton even went to the Conference.

I know I’m a fan of Nige, but to compare Cov to us and then point the finger at our manager (if that’s what you’re doing by saying by the bit in bold) is really ignoring the times that happened before he was appointed and led to the situation he took over.  If you didn’t mean Nige, who do you mean?

But I ? agree with your frustration.  There’s quite a bit of anger too on my part, beyond the frustration.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good manager.

The beauty of a sensible progression strategy, that doesn’t require a complete rebuild, and is several years in, so just tweaking each window, not sledgehammer.

The financial issues are more of a Cashflow issue than FFP, so different to ourselves.

Recruited so well upon promotion from Lg1. Over the past couple of seasons, O’Hare made perm from loan, Sheaf made perm from Loan, Gyokeres on the cheap after a very unimpressive loan at Swansea.  Hamer the “next level up” from Liam Walsh, you can see why they didn’t come back for him.  And a good pathway from Academy.  The only player of real note they’ve lost since coming back up is Hyam, who eased their Cashflow issues when he went to Blackburn earlier this season.  The two underlined bits we’ve got one right in recent times.  Hoping Tins can get the other one right.

A lot of lesions to be learned from theirs and Luton’s approach…although both have been to the brink, Luton even went to the Conference.

I know I’m a fan of Nige, but to compare Cov to us and then point the finger at our manager (if that’s what you’re doing by saying by the bit in bold) is really ignoring the times that happened before he was appointed and led to the situation he took over.  If you didn’t mean Nige, who do you mean?

But I ? agree with your frustration.  There’s quite a bit of anger too on my part, beyond the frustration.

I meant past and to a certain extent the present management, mostly the previous incumbents. I don't think Nige is completely blameless either though I do accept the job he took on was verging on poisoned chalice territory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pillred said:

I meant past and to a certain extent the present management, mostly the previous incumbents. I don't think Nige is completely blameless either though I do accept the job he took on was verging on poisoned chalice territory.

That’s fair.  He ain’t perfect, and no manager comes with a guarantee.  Even Pep can’t win the CL which is his no1 aim.

Back to Robins, just a good football man, full stop.  And an example at 53 today (22nd Dec) that you don’t have to be a youngster.

• Like 1