IGNORED

Pearsons WBA Press Conference

W-S-M Seagull

On 24/12/2022 at 20:06, Spike said:

I keep reading that the main issue people have with Pearson that he is smug or arrogant but I personally don't think he is, I can see why some people may think that but I think they're probably who are more often around empathetic and caring people. Being the manager of a football club in a lower league doesn't always allow you to be empathetic and in Pearsons case I believe he does care about his players but unlike a lot of people he can separate his empathetic side and his business side.
I enjoyed that press conference if I am honest, he addressed the issues that fans have been complaining about and he reaffirmed that he's more interested in creating a squad/team who are here for the right reasons. I've lost count of how many City fans still seem to love Massengo when it's clear to see that he wants a bigger contract than we can offer and is willing to run his contract down to get it. I don't think he's in a position to demand that personally as he's yet to prove he was worth what we paid for him, I mean we're crying out for a central midfielder who can do a bit of everything and yet Massengo has never excelled at doing that IMPO.

couldnt agree  with you more re massengo

52 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Ah, the wording of what?

Seriously, another poster trying yet again to  get to what you'd like me to mean as opposed to what I actually said. The 'repeat nonsense ' mantra is awful minimisation and is also another 'toxic gift'

I've opened discussion, provided a talking point, added a proof of that. 

Confirmed that it's not any thing to with a bad thing and may explain away what was noted in a press conference in response to another poster .

Yet there's a whole ******* gaggle of you who seem keen to tell me not only what I said, but what I meant too.

Then have the temerity to try and call it nonsense because you don't agree with it 

Aint me with the problem there then bub.

You said "Think the fidgets are x, y, or as a few have suggested on social media possibly z".

That clearly implies you think that they could be x, y, or possibly z. I don't understand what confusing about that when people then raise an issue with you thinking z?

Especially when z is a slightly strange and personal thing to mention, and if you're trying to diagnose something like autism from a couple of press conference fidgets that's very odd behavior.

If you find people keep misunderstanding you then maybe the issue is with the way you communicate, rather than everyone else.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

You've made the classic assumption there that it was me suggesting it, because why not Invent something else to try and have a go at some one with

I was very clear to say it was on social media.has been since he was either at or post Leicester 

It's been mentioned on a few comments on interviews on social media this season too 

It's not the 'bad thing' you appear to be accusing me of as if it's 'weird' 

it's just an observation that other people have picked up on, explaining interview actions .no more, no less

Glad to see this board still as toxic as **** over Xmas

It has also been mentioned that the World is flat by a load of nutjobs, that doesn't mean it's true. 

You mentioned the autism in a comment about his fidgeting on press conferences like it was a 'thing' when it's not even relevant. What's relevant was what he was actually saying which you chose to ignore and instead make a nonsense reddit type accusation towards our Manager.

This board isn't toxic either, posters debate and discuss. I found your comment a bizarre thing to say so I called you out on it, it's not personal. To be honest I find your whining quite nauseating to say the least, you make it seem personal when it's not.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tafkarmlf said:

It's a comment on your post, it's not bizarre it's pointing out the way in which your post was gaslighting someone else because they didn't share your opinion.

What's more bizarre is doubling down on trying to think or ascertain how someone should be about something because you are that way too.

It's bizarre of accusing someone of gaslighting when it very clearly wasn't. 

I was simply stating that Andy King's performance against Stoke cannot be described as a disaster. I think only a select few would describe it as a disaster. 

We've all seen many players put in a disaster of a performance down thr gate over the years. Whilst Andy Kings performance against Stoke wasn't great, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as we have seen. 

I've stated a footballing opinion and you've gone on some bizarre psychological rant. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's bizarre of accusing someone of gaslighting when it very clearly wasn't. 

I was simply stating that Andy King's performance against Stoke cannot be described as a disaster. I think only a select few would describe it as a disaster. 

We've all seen many players put in a disaster of a performance down thr gate over the years. Whilst Andy Kings performance against Stoke wasn't great, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as we have seen. 

I've stated a footballing opinion and you've gone on some bizarre psychological rant. 

I’m not getting involved in any discussion about gaslighting etc.

I would however describe the key moments of Kings performance as disastrous from the point of view that he was involved in both goals in a negative way.

Unfortunately defenders mistakes are often those that stand out, particularly in Kings case where his attempt to duck under a ball that he should have cleared led directly to the first goal.

I’m no statto but I would guess that the team that scores first more often wins than loses the game, hence Kings mistake having a greater bearing on the result than any other mistakes before or after the goal.

It’s a whole other debate but King’s contribution to a club he has supported since a child reminds me of when Marcus Stewart joined us, a very good player well past his best, trying hard to succeed but failing.

46 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Morning, it's the very definition of gaslighting.youve then done the same to me proclaiming 'a bizarre psychological rant' 

When it's none of that.

The poster thought it was a disaster, that's literally their view on it.Of course you could disagree, however invalidating their own view point, and telling them what they should think whilst claiming someone else is mentally deficient or bizarre for pointing that out is the very definition of gaslighting https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/examples-of-gaslighting

Have a great boxing day 

The actual poster in question seems to have managed to handle the most mild disagreement it in a normal way, as does everyone else on this forum. No accusations of psychological manipulation or anything.

Your repeated attempts to shut down all debate and discussion by labeling any response as "toxic", "gaslighting", or "telling me what to think" makes me wonder why you even engage here. Additionally those valuable terms are at risk of losing all meaning due to their repeated misuse.

Hyperbole and rhetoric is just a part of debate, especially online. I'm surprised you don't realise that.

Every thread you take part in ends up centered around you because you're totally unable to engage in discussion. It's very tiresome.

9 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Really don't care matey.i come here for bants, perhaps some football shenanigans and down the pub  style discussion.

It's  not a psycho analysis. im sorry that your posts continue to be toxic in terms of rather going 'meh', or 'whatever, 'you've gone to great lengths to double down on a suggestion or rather an implication being odd, deficient or other and  spin away from a 'ooh, ye may have something point' or 'nah,  no chance'reply.

Like I said, toxic af 

Can you stop telling me what I'm trying to do/think please.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

19 hours ago, gl2 said:

OK then lets try again; last/most recent 16 games back to 14th Sept (ok 1 was a cup game, we lost to Lincoln) so 15games; = 3 WINS, 4draws, 8 losses = 13pts from possible 45points.....is this a good run of results?

Yes feel free to blame injuries/refs etc but other teams have also had injuries/poor ref decisions the greatness of "Nige" doesnt seem too great to me?

Just 3 points on this, you’ve said before that you don’t actually go, so I find it very hard to understand someone spending Xmas Day digging out selective stats just to reply to my post.

Secondly what a very unusual number of games that is to choose, eh? 16, not last 5, 6 or even 10.

Surely that couldn’t be because it paints the picture in the worst possible light? Including tough trips to Burnley & Norwich but then not the previous 8, (6 wins 2 draws, winning 5 of the last 6 of those).

Of late we should have got more points from the Swansea Sheff U & Stoke games, and arguably Watford too, not because of “the ref or any other excuse” but because we were the better side, these games like so many in the division were tight, marginal ones, if you had seen them you would know this.

Still, keep moaning if it makes you happy.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Cept I haven't. I've laid out a point of discussion .You can choose to discuss that or not, and I can choose to engage with it or not 

Your post there makes the assumption that I've told you what to do. I haven't. There's been no discussion, there and a reaction to respond ive set out my boundaries and responded to your post which seemed to me to want to concentrate on the personal, as opposed to discussion around reasons why NP may be fidgety or stimming or nervous or whatever 

Love that this place doesn't get, nor like strong boundaries. Apparently posts also go straight to the personal when there's a disagreement too, also deflects miles away from the point, unsurprisingly and we're back with the cheap digs, piss poor insults and so on

Enjoy your Boxing Day.

Your posts make you seem like a very angry chap. No doubt you will tell us all how "chilled" and how you are not bothered by it all really, but your writing style would contradict that. The impression given is that Santa failed to impress you this year.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

A disaster? That's very strong language. 

It wasn't his best game, but it certainly want a disaster. I think you are using those words to sensationalise. 

Disaster is the correct word. I used it specifically to highlight that King was directly at fault for the 2 goals we conceded. I can’t see how we can describe it as anything but a disaster. 

Disaster : Noun : An event or fact that has unfortunate consequences 

3 hours ago, IAmNick said:

The actual poster in question seems to have managed to handle the most mild disagreement it in a normal way, as does everyone else on this forum. No accusations of psychological manipulation or anything.

Your repeated attempts to shut down all debate and discussion by labeling any response as "toxic", "gaslighting", or "telling me what to think" makes me wonder why you even engage here. Additionally those valuable terms are at risk of losing all meaning due to their repeated misuse.

Hyperbole and rhetoric is just a part of debate, especially online. I'm surprised you don't realise that.

Every thread you take part in ends up centered around you because you're totally unable to engage in discussion. It's very tiresome.

Can you stop telling me what I'm trying to do/think please.

Well said Nick ??????

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Just 3 points on this, you’ve said before that you don’t actually go, so I find it very hard to understand someone spending Xmas Day digging out selective stats just to reply to my post. I dont go because of COPD for 12years and battling cancer for the past 3yrs; I do however see every goal for and against us though and watch every stream/live game available on sky/elsewhere and every word/report/live text written; having been a fan for 55yrs watching every home and most away for the first 10 of those years; I think I have every right to still follow and comment on my clubs team; if you dont like my thoughts thats up to you

Secondly what a very unusual number of games that is to choose, eh? 16, not last 5, 6 or even 10.

Surely that couldn’t be because it paints the picture in the worst possible light? Including tough trips to Burnley & Norwich but then not the previous 8, (6 wins 2 draws, winning 5 of the last 6 of those). I`m not stupid I know games are hard and most could go either way, just cannot understand how NP is treated as some kind of cult hero by some yet we have regressed results wise (losing 42 out of the 88games played) and position wise since his arrival. Now we could well get some kind of spurt on and zoom up the table but looks like we will be troubling the bottom 6 rather than the top six to me, sorry if thats moaning but its just my opinion on a forum

Of late we should have got more points from the Swansea Sheff U & Stoke games, and arguably Watford too, not because of “the ref or any other excuse” but because we were the better side, these games like so many in the division were tight, marginal ones, if you had seen them you would know this. same goes for most clubs in this div we are not special, if we dont cut out the mistakes and put some points on the total soon, we will be in trouble.

Still, keep moaning if it makes you happy. I`ll say what I think just like you do, if thats ok?