IGNORED

Petition started for City to bring back physical programmes

shahanshahan

It's a nice idea, but they were stopped for economic reasons, and with the price of paper continuing to rise, I don't see the status quo changing.

I used to buy them religiously back in the 80s, and early 90s. And they're always a great souviner for big games (I'm sure I've got Man U and Man C programmes around somewhere), so I'd like to think that we could at least reinstate them for big occassions. We might not get any for a while though ...

I’d be very interested in how many we were selling in the season before the pandemic, I used to walk in past the programme seller by the Dolman & rarely saw a customer.

As has been said already it’s economics, isn’t it? Just like hardly any of us buys a newspaper any more.

• Admin

This speaks for itself, the thing about it all was how it just happened without any fan liaison or explanation behind the decision. 

It would have been simple to show sales figures etc, like above it's a long time since I bought a programme for a home game but I'd bet the away supporters miss picking up a copy 

Screenshot_20221226_091147_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

This speaks for itself, the thing about it all was how it just happened without any fan liaison or explanation behind the decision. 

It would have been simple to show sales figures etc, like above it's a long time since I bought a programme for a home game but I'd bet the away supporters miss picking up a copy 

Screenshot_20221226_091147_Samsung Internet.jpg

100? Nothing like showing some ambition is there? I can't see 100 people being a figure that would encourage the club to change their ways.

1 hour ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Loved programmes back in the day, pick up a copy and then read that and a fanzine before kick off was ace 

Is there a carbon neutral thing behind the stopping of it or was it just costs??

It’s probably both plus the fact that so many people have access to the internet what is there you can put in a Matchday Programme that isn’t in the public domain already?

• Admin
2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Do they not print any at all now? I thought they still gave them out in the hospitality areas.

Not when I was in a box last season 

The odd thing was the club sold them all as one big document at the end of the season 

I got a copy and it's odd as one big publication 

• Thanks 1

A printed programme...I remember them. It was all part of the matchday experience, whether in Bristol or some far flung (for me in those days) place like Wolverhampton. I'm old enough to remember the "Football League Review" which came with the programme and thoroughly enjoyed the read. Like a printed daily newspaper though....it's had it's day and times move on.