IGNORED

Steven Gerrard!!!

BCFC1512

Just now, Taunton_BCFC said:

Go get him!! Total rebuild needed at this club! If we go down we go down! A decent league one campaign could ignite the club! 

He looked a bit lost without Beale at Villa. And no job he has done well at remotely reflects the conditions he would experience here.

If Pearson goes, I would hope the board would try to identify a manager with the skills needed to succeed at a Championship club with a lack of cash but a promising youth development pipeline rather than just identify a famous retired footballer and offer him a wad of cash.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

He looked a bit lost without Beale at Villa. And no job he has done well at remotely reflects the conditions he would experience here.

If Pearson goes, I would hope the board would try to identify a manager with the skills needed to succeed at a Championship club with a lack of cash but a promising youth development pipeline rather than just identify a famous retired footballer and offer him a wad of cash.

Duff??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Mrs Doubtfire would have to WANT to come in, and the owner have to WANT him / her to come in.

Not 'appenin'

I was being facetious AD.

Could we entice Martinez back to the Championship? I've just been looking at who's available on tranfermkt and it doesn't make for pretty reading tbh.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I was being facetious AD.

Could we entice Martinez back to the Championship? I've just been looking at who's available on tranfermkt and it doesn't make for pretty reading tbh.

:laugh: A bit of a woosh moment from me.

I've had a bad day and I'm not the only one.

Edited by AppyDAZE

IF

and that's a big if :facepalm:

Pearson did go, we would need a coach and a good one.
Someone to get a tune out of the squad we have. 
We would need to look at lower League options as we aren't a big draw ATM.
We would need him to be OOC or near the end as we have no money.
I think we would need someone with experience.
Someone to make an immediate impact.

Not sure that one person exists TBH.

Gerrard is no manager yet, he has done nothing, yes he won 1 trophy with Rangers the same year Celtic imploded. Plus he has turned us down already and doubt his mind will have changed, not for me. I’d give Ainsworth a go, works well on a tight budget and their team would run through a brick wall for the guy. There are not many options out there.

• Like 1