IGNORED

If the Lansdowns made cars…..

BigAl&Toby

As relegation looms and as the sun is shining in Sydney I’m preparing myself for a long flight home.

Back to Frome and then back to BS3 for some more fun filled Saturdays.

Oh how I wished I could have taken my seat and watch us slide further towards the relegation zone…..

And it got me thinking - a bit of light hearted relief. If the Lansdowns did cars, what car would they do.

Here’s my starter for 10. Look at it. Doesn’t it look great. Sexy, curvy Italian lines.

Look at the paintwork. Imagine what it’s like to sit inside, the prancing horse on your bonnet. 

So you open the door. You slide into the finest Maranello hide seats. You get out the key. It slides effortlessly into the ignition…..

The anticipation is getting too much. Soon you’ll turn the key and the engine will roar and throb away…..

But then you turn the key. It clicks. You can hear the fuel pump doing its best but the bastard won’t fire.

And then it dawns on you. Good old Steve. He’s sold you a pup. This ain’t no Italian classic super car. He’s built and sold you a ******* replica ?

A bit like AG. Looks good. Feels good. Might even - at times - sound good - The Killers were superb. But performance and results. Where things really matter. Ahhhh…..

Anyway. Who’s up next? 

9820D38C-BABA-4C55-BB93-22F28CFC3706.png

Look, let's be honest, the majority of us were happy when Pearson was appointed here and thought the board had at last got something right. 

I'm not sure we can beat them with the stick of Pearson's failure He just has turned out to be the Derby, Hull, Southampton, Watford, OH Leuven Nigel Pearson rather than the Leicester City one.  It has become apparent that his Leicester success was as a result of a special set of circumstances that cannot be replicated here. Up against the odds, he casts around for all manner of peculiar solutions. He talks tough, but his side's crumble. 

As we as fans didn't necessarily expect this to be the case, I'm not blaming the Lansdown family for a failure to have a crystal ball either.  

• Like 6