Team for Tomorrow

MrRedRobin

2 hours ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

MOL

Tanner Vyner Atkinson Naismith Pring

Scott        James 

Weimann

Wells           Semenyo

Apologies I posted the same team & could have saved myself a lot of time !

Edited by Shuffle
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Bentley 
 Sykes Vyner Klose Kal Pring

James       Scott

Weimann

Semenyo   Wells

Little harsh on Max but with Naismith back we don’t rely so much on his kicking (which hasn’t been great of late). DB the better stopper.

Klose gives me more confidence in our rear guard personally. 

Sykes better up the line than Tanner.

Semenyo’s due to explode agains soon - and he will.

This wont be close to the team we see ?

this

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Sturny said:

It feels like 1 in 5 "aged" players in their careers work out for us. 

Ashley Williams was the last I remember, he was fantastic. Loved his reaction when we won at Cardiff 

Think that Klose has worked out.

He came in last January having had no club for 6 months, then started every single game in the remainder of the season & played a big part in our improvement.

I do think that time has caught up with him & he’s one of the 3 who have been told they’re not getting another deal, though also thought he was excellent against Preston.

Best all round if he moves on next month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Conway & Wells have looked a proper partnership up front, the service has dropped off of late.
Weimann is wasted at WB.
Semenyo needs to be used as an impact Sub until he is forcing his way into the team.
King fit or not has to step out for Atkinson.
We will not change to a back 4.

So....

Max
   Vyner - Naismith - Atkinson
Tanner - Scott - James - Pring
                Weimann
        Conway - Wells

Not a bad selection might play Tanner over vyner as he tackles like a man and can get forward more .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He came in last January having had no club for 6 months, then started every single game in the remainder of the season & played a big part in our improvement.

I do think that time has caught up with him & he’s one of the 3 who have been told they’re not getting another deal, though also thought he was excellent against Preston.

I'm not convinced myself, every penny matters at the moment when spending new. It's a 1 year contract signed in the summer (correct me if im wrong) and he's been out for most of it so far. His contract is surely to provide cover or even start in the first time as often as he could no? They might've known the potential risks and gambled, who knows. At the time his signing him made sense of course. That said, he could have his fitness again in a month or two and help out backline out ? we bloody need it 

Edited by Sturny
  • Like 1

Potentially controversial opinion:

IF, and only IF, Nige continues to keep Atkinson out of the team, I would like to see Joe Williams play the ‘sweeper’ role again.

I think the Middlesbrough (Home) match last season, was the best game Joe has played for us. But we haven’t seen it again since.

This would allow Scott to play in midfield alongside James, and Weimann to play as the ‘10’, where he thrived last season.

Sykes or Tanner can then operate as the RWB.

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It depends if any of those players listed may have farted in the same room as NP this week & need to be excluded for a few weeks. 

The sad truth is that your selection & that of pretty much everyone else who adds to this thread, will likely be better than that of the 1 man whose choices matter & he will no doubt continue with, as we drop further down the table.

I don't know what team NP will select - but I doubt it will be the best one available to him.

If he bucks his own trend & selects our best team - it's almost a given that they won't have any effective game plan or tactics to work too & our only hope will be in someone producing something special.

My prediction is another miserable 2-0 defeat, whilst being out passed & 2 best on possession stats, despite playing a traditional physical, less footballing team. 

I suspect that we will struggle to muster many meaningful efforts at goal and when chasing the game, we will pass the ball around 10 times at the back, before losing the resultant pun forward, from our original position, eating away our own time to get back into the game and all looking to scared to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, for fear of it all being their fault - because it most certainly won' be the manager taking any responsibility for yet another unimaginative, lacklustre performance & probably another routine defeat to add to utterly abysmal record in charge here. 

Happy new year everyone..!

I'm not sure how tongue in cheek this was or indeed not but there is many a true word spoken in jest. 

Agree with those wanting to start Semenyo, he has struggled off the bench as we have usually been losing by that time and he has no space to run into, which is most of his game! 

Playing away against sides where we are likely to sit back, he should be one of the first on the team sheet, as he is the one attacker we have who can stretch the play. Conway and Wells for what they bring, are different types of player.

• Like 2

To my mind Conway and Scott are a bit out of sorts, Weimann is not working at RWB and we need more movement in midfield. We also need to tighten up and avoid conceding. O'Leary was primarily responsible for both goals on Monday in my view.

All that in mind, I'd go

---------------------Bentley

--------Vyner-------Naismith--------Atkinson

Tanner-------------------------------------------Pring

------------Massengo---------James

----------------------Weimann

----------------Semenyo------Wells

Bench:

O'Leary

Dasilva

Scott

Williams

Sykes

Conway

Martin

13 hours ago, pillred said:

I'm not sure how tongue in cheek this was or indeed not but there is many a true word spoken in jest. 

I'd like to say it was me being ridiculous... but sadly, it's exactly what we've come to expect over the last 22 months. 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, GrahamC said:

At the end of January, we were 16th in the league.

We finished the season below that.

What improvement..?

58 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

At the end of January, we were 16th in the league.

We finished the season below that.

What improvement..?

Just an opinion but I thought Klose made us look a bit better defensively & certainly aerially at the back, a clean sheet at Blackburn, wins at home v Reading & Boro then prior to the last game of the season we had a mini run of a draw with Peterborough, win at Stoke, draw with Sheff U, win at Derby, beat Hull at home. We conceded just 3 goals in those 5 games, these were all after Kalas (for me our best defender) was unavailable, too.

There seemed to be a consensus on here that he had earned another contract, but as I say, that’s just my thoughts.

I’m sure now we’re struggling for results some will be saying we should have ignored his 100% availability record & released him & brought in someone else & that they knew this all along.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just an opinion but I thought Klose made us look a bit better defensively & certainly aerially at the back, a clean sheet at Blackburn, wins at home v Reading & Boro then prior to the last game of the season we had a mini run of a draw with Peterborough, win at Stoke, draw with Sheff U, win at Derby, beat Hull at home. We conceded just 3 goals in those 5 games, these were all after Kalas (for me our best defender) was unavailable, too.

There seemed to be a consensus on here that he had earned another contract, but as I say, that’s just my thoughts.

I’m sure now we’re struggling for results some will be saying we should have ignored his 100% availability record & released him & brought in someone else & that they knew this all along.

I think therein lies the problem.

Since NP has been here, we've become "satisfied" by the odd good result & the 2 times we've managed a "mini-run" consisting of 4 games & then 6 games, earlier this season have somewhat disguised the fact of how woeful we've been under him.

Klose was a good signing & earned his longer stay here - but we didn't really improve overall with him. 

30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Since NP has been here, we've become "satisfied" by the odd good result & the 2 times we've managed a "mini-run" consisting of 4 games & then 6 games, earlier this season have somewhat disguised the fact of how woeful we've been under him.

Klose was a good signing & earned his longer stay here - but we didn't really improve overall with him. 

When you see players like Michael Hector still without a club, you realise that you can’t even pick up some free transfers because they want too much in wages.  We are still constrained massively…and it’s very difficult to bring in anyone who is an improvement individually and can improve the team too.

35 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not how I see it, for me Klose was a smart pick up with Kalas long term injured & Baker sadly on the way to retirement.

I see those results as symptomatic of the situation we find ourselves in due to overspending previously & a bit of misfortune with the Baker situation.

Where we currently are is going to see every single circumstance (like signing Klose) become all about Pearson’s results.