IGNORED

Team for Tomorrow

MrRedRobin

What we all thinking for the team tomorrow.

IMO I would change to a back 4.

O' Leary

Tanner - Vyner - Atkinson - Pring

James

Massengo - Weimann  - Scott

Wells     Semenyo

I am confident Pearson will not change to a back 4 but this is what I would do.

• Like 3

It depends if any of those players listed may have farted in the same room as NP this week & need to be excluded for a few weeks. 

The sad truth is that your selection & that of pretty much everyone else who adds to this thread, will likely be better than that of the 1 man whose choices matter & he will no doubt continue with, as we drop further down the table.

I don't know what team NP will select - but I doubt it will be the best one available to him.

If he bucks his own trend & selects our best team - it's almost a given that they won't have any effective game plan or tactics to work too & our only hope will be in someone producing something special.

My prediction is another miserable 2-0 defeat, whilst being out passed & 2 best on possession stats, despite playing a traditional physical, less footballing team. 

I suspect that we will struggle to muster many meaningful efforts at goal and when chasing the game, we will pass the ball around 10 times at the back, before losing the resultant pun forward, from our original position, eating away our own time to get back into the game and all looking to scared to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, for fear of it all being their fault - because it most certainly won' be the manager taking any responsibility for yet another unimaginative, lacklustre performance & probably another routine defeat to add to utterly abysmal record in charge here. 

Happy new year everyone..!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

It depends if any of those players listed may have farted in the same room as NP this week & need to be excluded for a few weeks. 

The sad truth is that your selection & that of pretty much everyone else who adds to this thread, will likely be better than that of the 1 man whose choices matter & he will no doubt continue with, as we drop further down the table.

I don't know what team NP will select - but I doubt it will be the best one available to him.

If he bucks his own trend & selects our best team - it's almost a given that they won't have any effective game plan or tactics to work too & our only hope will be in someone producing something special.

My prediction is another miserable 2-0 defeat, whilst being out passed & 2 best on possession stats, despite playing a traditional physical, less footballing team. 

I suspect that we will struggle to muster many meaningful efforts at goal and when chasing the game, we will pass the ball around 10 times at the back, before losing the resultant pun forward, from our original position, eating away our own time to get back into the game and all looking to scared to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, for fear of it all being their fault - because it most certainly won' be the manager taking any responsibility for yet another unimaginative, lacklustre performance & probably another routine defeat to add to utterly abysmal record in charge here. 

How old are you? ?

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, MrRedRobin said:

What we all thinking for the team tomorrow.

IMO I would change to a back 4.

O' Leary

Tanner - Vyner - Atkinson - Pring

James

Massengo - Weimann  - Scott

Wells     Semenyo

I am confident Pearson will not change to a back 4 but this is what I would do.

Massengo!! Get over it he is never going to be what some thought he was and later hoped he would become,  Let's  be realistic not a chance would he have left Monaco for Bristol City if he was anything other than average at  best.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

MOL

Tanner Vyner Atkinson Naismith Pring

Scott        James 

Weimann

Wells           Semenyo

I’d go with this team with the exception of Conway for Semenyo as don’t think Antoine has done much to deserve a starting place

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, David Brent said:

How old are you? ?

Old enough to remember how diabolical we were under Tony Pulis. Arguably the worst, most unpopular manager we've had..?

Was particularly depressing comparing his record with NP's earlier on today..!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well go on then. Tell us our best team (not what you think Pearson will select, your best team) and we can compare.

Easy to type all that waffle but you haven't managed to answer the question in the thread.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Are you okay?

30 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

MOL

Scott        James 

Weimann

Wells           Semenyo

That’s the team I’d go with. Conway hasn’t done anything wrong, but could maybe do with being rested. Weimann behind the front two makes sense because he is integral when we press. Scott struggled on Boxing Day, but he retains the ball, runs at players and gives the opposition something to think about. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Massengo!! Get over it he is never going to be what some thought he was and later hoped he would become,  Let's  be realistic not a chance would he have left Monaco for Bristol City if he was anything other than average at  best.

Yeh im sure he reached maturity at eighteen might not score goals but with scott adds energy in midfield more so than james or king 

• Like 1

Bentley 
 Sykes Vyner Klose Kal Pring

James       Scott

Weimann

Semenyo   Wells

Little harsh on Max but with Naismith back we don’t rely so much on his kicking (which hasn’t been great of late). DB the better stopper.

Klose gives me more confidence in our rear guard personally. 

Sykes better up the line than Tanner.

Semenyo’s due to explode agains soon - and he will.

This wont be close to the team we see ?

• Like 2

Conway & Wells have looked a proper partnership up front, the service has dropped off of late.
Weimann is wasted at WB.
Semenyo needs to be used as an impact Sub until he is forcing his way into the team.
King fit or not has to step out for Atkinson.
We will not change to a back 4.

So....

Max
   Vyner - Naismith - Atkinson
Tanner - Scott - James - Pring
                Weimann
        Conway - Wells

• Like 4
  • Flames 4

I’d want to ideally play a 4, but I don’t think Nige will do that - and I’m not sure we have a 2 CB pairing that cuts the mustard currently.

So, with the “limitation” of 5-3-2, I’d do the following:

Bentley

Scott

Vyner

Atkinson

Nasmith

Dasilva

Williams

James

Weimann

Wells

Conway

To explain a few of those:

- I think we need to move Weimann back into the “10” role, however in doing so I think we need two midfielders more likely to hold/cover to stop it being overloaded if we lose the ball, hence Williams/James

- Scott at RWB is based on Tanner not being seen as a RWB and Sykes being bloody pointless. Scott can go forward and we should have enough to cover but he’s also more defensively adept than Andi is there

- The two I can see being questioned are Bentley over Max and DaSilva over Pring. Simply enough, Bentley is better than Max. There’s a myth that Max is good at distribution (he isn’t) and his decision making on Monday was shot. Bentley got dropped after Brum when he had a shocker but wasn’t aided by garbage in front of him - consistency says to me we should change and play our better keeper overall

- I’m torn on Pring Vs DaSilva but my decision here is ultimately I think Cams better going forward but Jay better defensively. I’m not sold on Cams positioning, or his energy over the 90 consistently. It’s a marginal call, but i think at this point I’d have the better defender

O'Leary

Vyner  Naismith  Atkinson

Sykes                                    Pring

Massengo  James

Weimann  Wells  Conway

Sykes best option RWB for me. Scott looked miles off it the other day, think he needs a rest! Nigel will never play Massengo though!!

I'd like to see a back 4 as surely it can't be any worse than recent form. Regardless, I want our top scorer from last year to play as a flipping forward and not a wing back...

22 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Conway & Wells have looked a proper partnership up front, the service has dropped off of late.
Weimann is wasted at WB.
Semenyo needs to be used as an impact Sub until he is forcing his way into the team.
King fit or not has to step out for Atkinson.
We will not change to a back 4.

So....

Max
   Vyner - Naismith - Atkinson
Tanner - Scott - James - Pring
                Weimann
        Conway - Wells

This is the most balanced XI we could pick IMO, considering we’re welded to a back three.

Edited by tin
  • Like 2

O’Leary

Vyner  Naismith   Atkinson 

Tanner Scott James Pring

Weimann

Wells     Semenyo

it’s going to be physical and set plays are going to be key.  We need our strongest players out there imo but don’t think for one minute he will go with this team.  We need Semenyo to play his way back into form for our benefit or to re-hike his price. 

• Like 1

Well, we gifted them 3 points at AG via a blunder from our keeper, coming 18 yards for a ball he then didn't deal with. Not his last gaffe, either.

So let's start with a keeper who's not going to drop a bollock. Not sure we've got one of those.

Pearson admitted after that game we struggle against big, physical sides. So expect him to pick the biggest, strongest side he can. Not sure we've got any fit ones big enough or strong enough though - a surprise return for Kalas would help, big Rob Atkinson to the left, tall Naismith in the middle. Tanner and Pring are our strongest full backs. 

The rest picks itself. Williams needs to bring some niggle and physicality, without getting into trouble with the ref. I'd pick Semenyo up front, or even Martin!, to fight fire with fire in both boxes.

It won't be a classic, avoiding defeat would be a good day out. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

O’Leary

Vyner  Naismith   Atkinson 

Tanner Scott James Pring

Weimann

Wells     Semenyo

it’s going to be physical and set plays are going to be key.  We need our strongest players out there imo but don’t think for one minute he will go with this team.  We need Semenyo to play his way back into form for our benefit or to re-hike his price. 

its this for me too except i havent seen much of tanner and a fair bit of sykes who when fired up,does have a lot of go in him. not seen him recently so wont change this line up. semenyo is strong on the ball so gets to start over tommy but he will come on at some point for either semenyo not working or nahki knackered

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

MOL

Scott        James 

Weimann

Wells           Semenyo

Exactly what I would do.

Conway has scored 2 in his last 16 games & needs a rest, Semenyo certainly gives us more physicality & pace, worth a try.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Bentley 
 Sykes Vyner Klose Kal Pring

James       Scott

Weimann

Semenyo   Wells

Little harsh on Max but with Naismith back we don’t rely so much on his kicking (which hasn’t been great of late). DB the better stopper.

Klose gives me more confidence in our rear guard personally. 

Sykes better up the line than Tanner.

Semenyo’s due to explode agains soon - and he will.

This wont be close to the team we see ?

I’m not sure what’s happened with Klose. He played well and looked assured when he joined us last season, but he has dropped off the radar this season, despite our being short of numbers with injuries to Kalas and Naismith. Not sure why. Have his legs gone sooner than anyone anticipated?

10 minutes ago, Offside said:

I’m not sure what’s happened with Klose. He played well and looked assured when he joined us last season, but he has dropped off the radar this season, despite our being short of numbers with injuries to Kalas and Naismith. Not sure why. Have his legs gone sooner than anyone anticipated?

I believe he made Pearson’s **** list after our dismal night against Lincoln and hasn’t made the squad since. It does feel like Nigel will ‘prove a point’ - even to the detriment of the team.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Offside said:

It feels like 1 in 5 "aged" players in their careers work out for us. 

Ashley Williams was the last I remember, he was fantastic. Loved his reaction when we won at Cardiff 

Edited by Sturny
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Simply enough, Bentley is better than Max.

that was my view too until the change of keepers this season.  I’ve been impressed with Max’s improvement this season and for both their pros and cons there’s no longer much in it. Max does need to get over Boxing Day quickly or he will let Bentley back in.

There’s a myth that Max is good at distribution (he isn’t)

I totally agree.

But what he does bring is a higher starting position (18 yd box) than Bentley (6-9 yd) when the ball is in the opponents half.  That allows our defence to squeeze that bit higher without feeling there’s a huge gap behind to a long ball.  I only watched on RTV and can’t see MO in the frame until it’s too late.  In fairness that is not his usual positioning.  It cost us, but we saw later in the half where he was well positioned to come out and head or volley clear (I can’t remember which). That is a huge improvement over Bentley.

Secondly, Max generally moved towards the ball when it is played back (for a clearance) to him from our defenders before launching it.  That gives the opposition less time to re-structure and / or get up the pitch.  Bentley tends to retreat, giving him time to get into the best position to kick it…but in doing so often has the striker bearing down on him, and half-slices it upwards rather than forwards.  It also takes longer, allows opposition to re-structure and / or get up the pitch.

Neither are anything above average technically with their feet imho.  Max just does what he does with more positivity.

and his decision making on Monday was shot. Bentley got dropped after Brum when he had a shocker but wasn’t aided by garbage in front of him - consistency says to me we should change and play our better keeper overall

I do think that generally our defenders feel that Max is more decisive, and are a tad more confident that he will be positive with his instruction and action.  But as you say those early positives of his recall will erode very quickly if he doesn’t show those that form of pre-Boxing Day.

Oh for Niki Maenpaa! (A fit one anyway)

⬆️⬆️⬆️

• Like 1