IGNORED

For the record whatever happens tonight where do you stand?

Jerseybean

5 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

I expect this view to be attacked.

There is clearly increasing unrest among many on here regarding our manager and multiple threads have provided the full OTIB spectrum of opinion, logic and debate concerning his position, some pro NP some con NP.

For the record, and regardless of tonight’s result and indeed our league position at the end of the season, I remain solidly behind Nigel Pearson being our manager.

I fully accept that progress has been slower than hoped for and results and performances have often been poor, frustrating and under par. Nevertheless I sincerely hope that NP remains our manager.

Turning the Club around was always going to require considerable time and in-depth football experience. For me a change of manager this season would be a mistake. In essence I still see NP as the solution not the problem.

Where do you stand?

Off to get my hard hat on.

I guess that depends on the nature of the performance tonight. We have shown in some earlier games what we are capable of. Now its balls to the walls time to turn things around.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And, if one has ones balls to the wall, turning around is probably a good idea.

Depends how they are secured

Just now, Coin-op said:

If he plays AW at right wing back and leaves 2 right defenders on the bench again then that is my cut off. I might change my mind if we win though! ??

I am here in London, nice pint in the George. ?

Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m in middle ground, losing faith due to the nature of performances, but also struggle to see a better option out there.

A couple of weeks ago, I would have liked Neil Critchley, but that ship has sailed.

Overall, Nige has been dealt a bad hand. However, his recent comments in the press haven’t helped his cause at all.

We have an awful home record, and quite frankly our overall form hasn’t been good either for quite some time. 

But yet, I can’t help but feel that Nige has given everything he has to the job, and I want to see him do well.

Unfortunately, Our problems lay much deeper than just the manager. 

My hope is that somehow, we can scramble together to get some business done in January. If that means selling Semenyo (don’t expect the fees suggested on here) then so be it. We need reinforcements now more than ever. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

I expect this view to be attacked.

There is clearly increasing unrest among many on here regarding our manager and multiple threads have provided the full OTIB spectrum of opinion, logic and debate concerning his position, some pro NP some con NP.

For the record, and regardless of tonight’s result and indeed our league position at the end of the season, I remain solidly behind Nigel Pearson being our manager.

I fully accept that progress has been slower than hoped for and results and performances have often been poor, frustrating and under par. Nevertheless I sincerely hope that NP remains our manager.

Turning the Club around was always going to require considerable time and in-depth football experience. For me a change of manager this season would be a mistake. In essence I still see NP as the solution not the problem.

Where do you stand?

Off to get my hard hat on.

Sounds like you would back him even if he took us down which is pretty crazy in my opinion 

• Like 1

I think this is a bit of a silly question with all due respect.

If we get pumped 18-0 and the players show a chronic lack of desire, Nige picks Andy King and Jay DaSilva up top and instructs high balls to them then we probably have to say goodbye irrespective of what people’s thoughts are.

For me, I expect a performance with desire and tactical awareness. If we lose, but compete and look like we are playing to a plan, I stick with my Nige in - just. If we play like a bunch of drunks, and Nige appears to have made it worse, then that position may soften.

He’s not currently in the position to talk in absolutes. The manner of both setup and performance answers the question.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sturny said:

It's a curious thing, wonder if we went down with Nige would fans still want him in charge. Surely not 

That is a different question.  All things being equal I’d say he’d have to go. But…

…we honestly don’t know what the squad will be at the end of January.  Imagine we had to move on Bentley, Kalas and Massengo and couldn’t bring anyone in, and then someone key got injured, then it becomes a different equation.

Hence my all things being equal.

• Like 1

I'm very much 50/50. I appreciate the situation he inherited, but i have been disappointed with the lack of any progress on the pitch over the past 2 years.

A new manager (whoever that may be) would bring new ideas and that could improve things, if even in the short term. I think the squad does have ability but the confidence seems to be drained.

I don't think his stubborness helps him and defeats at Millwall and Cov will be difficult to ignore.

• Like 1

His record in nearly 2 years here is rubbish imo, we shouldnt keep him just because of what he managed years ago; when we enter the bottom 3 opinions will change.

So SL will keep him whatever even if god forbid he takes us down as we will then be into the Re-build shite again.

Edited by gl2

No matter what happens, I’m fully behind him. I’ve never been one for getting rid of managers (unless it was MCiness or Holden!). I do think this group is underperforming, no doubt about it in my mind. But I think stability is the best way forward & I'm interested in what we do in January. I also think this is more than just today, it’s about putting things in place for next season & the season after etc etc. COYR 

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

I’m thinking keep as it stands.  As we all know, this club needed a complete rebuild and I still feel he’s the man for that.  He definitely seems to have severe limitations on getting things right on the field though.

My main reservation is my increasing concern that in NP, we’ve only got one part of a successful management team.  It’s got me wondering if Craig Shakespeare is the missing tactical ingredient we need, to get things moving forward on the pitch.  

With Dean Smith being sacked, could CS become available, be wanted by NP, and could he be tempted to come here???

Still nige in but have to admit to being concerned with some of the decisions. 
main thing is though . The last thing the board want to do at the moment with a transfer window due to open & obvious work gone on behind the scenes towards that , plus a change in CEO is to get rid of the manager. 

• Like 3

Were we to lose 5 or 6 and at FT Pearson is seen standing front of the travelling faithful doing the old Gareth Hunt coffee signal, and with both hands!!

uh yeah,  I might then want him to pack his bags straight away.

But just losing tonight, no. Still no need to panic, in my opinion.

Edited by AppyDAZE