IGNORED

Tonight’s games

redkev

Just looking 

if Stoke Birmingham & Swansea all win tonight there will be a 5 point gap to make up ( quite big and n this league ) just to climb one place, if Hull win they go above us , however much needed last nights point was we really could have done with 3 . We do seemed to have tread water for a few weeks now but the sharks are starting to circle

we really need to get 2 or 3 wins on the bounce or we will slip into the zone which mentally isn’t good . Let’s  hope last nights battling performance is the start of better things to come .

Edited by redkev

The form of Preston is fortunately woeful over past 5 games. Swansea, Birmingham, Wigan, Hull and to some extent Cardiff is similar to ours and QPR are hitting a really poor patch.

Our greatest hope will be that these teams continue to struggle and that the bottom 10 teams are all dragged in the mix for relegation. All we need is three teams worse than us and, on paper at least, there are more than 3.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

The form of Preston is fortunately woeful over past 5 games. Swansea, Birmingham, Wigan, Hull and to some extent Cardiff is similar to ours and QPR are hitting a really poor patch.

Our greatest hope will be that these teams continue to struggle and that the bottom 10 teams are all dragged in the mix for relegation. All we need is three teams worse than us and, on paper at least, there are more than 3.

This is not necessarily an entirely good thing, but it is worthy of note that we still have Hull, Blackpool, Wigan and Rotherham still to play at AG. The first three of those we dropped painful points against away from home.

I view us a bit like Cardiff. Keep thinking they should ultimately be just ok but they keep testing the hypothesis that I might be wrong.

11 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Both terrible own goals too. First one you could clearly hear the keepers shout and the second…..

Commentary said that only three other players had scored two own goals in the PL era, one of whom was Jamie Carragher who scored two OGs against Man Utd of all teams. Another was a player called Proctor, can’t remember who he played for and one other and I can’t remember that one either……………:disapointed2se:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Commentary said that only three other players had scored two own goals in the PL era, one of whom was Jamie Carragher who scored two OGs against Man Utd of all teams. Another was a player called Proctor, can’t remember who he played for and one other and I can’t remember that one either……………:disapointed2se:

Jonathan Walters (Stoke)……

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Proctor was at Sunderland, wasn't he?